Not Orange but...WHITE facemasks?

Tiger

I thought maybe I'd touch on something lighter rather than QB and coaching staff debates. There are a few photos floating around out there about hypothetical AU uniform changes, as there are every summer. This time Per WarBlogle and Break Orbit Studios, the slight alteration would be white facemasks. What do you guys think? I wouldn't mind it as an alternate. I thought the different shoe/socks/sleeves/armband combinations our players wore this year were kind of cool. This white facemask is a nod to subtle change but while keeping things about the same. Thoughts?

auwhitefacemask1.jpg

auwhitefacemask2.jpg

I mean, it's alright.  I wouldn't overturn furniture over it or anything, but I like the blue or orange ones before that.  In fact, I'd probably prefer even an old-school gray one before the white.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, it's alright.  I wouldn't overturn furniture over it or anything, but I like the blue or orange ones before that.  In fact, I'd probably prefer even an old-school gray one before the white.

Ah I forgot to mention the gray facemasks we used back in '07. I didn't like that as it seemed like an Ohio State knockoff helmet to me. Although the absence of the AU decal on the sides probably contributed to that.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Ah I forgot to mention the gray facemasks we used back in '07. I didn't like that as it seemed like an Ohio State knockoff helmet to me. Although the absence of the AU decal on the sides probably contributed to that.

It was a throwback to an earlier AU helmet from the 1957 team.

I'm fine with it for night games, but in the daytime, a white face mask would be inclined to catch the sun and potentially obscure vision for the wearer. 

Wow, that makes the helmet look quite different. Funny how something so small can make such a big difference. I'm kinda with Titan on this in that it's kinda meh. I wouldn't hate it by any stretch but I prefer the o or b I guess. 

41 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It was a throwback to an earlier AU helmet from the 1957 team.

Yeah, I know we only used it one game -- vs Vandy but I wasn't a fan. My opinion might change however if the AU decal was on there. It just looked like the plain OSU helmets to me. :dunno:

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

not again....

This could be said for every active thread in the football forum right now, honestly. Was just trying to bring something different to the table

13 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I say do it for road games only.   I like to the all white uni,. And this would further compliment that.  

Not a big Star Wars guy.

But the all white looks good to me.

14 hours ago, Richard78 said:

Just for fun. Let's do this with the interlocked AU.

k-bigpic.jpg

lololol that is hilariously hideous

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lololol that is hilariously hideous

Hey... when you can't maintain relevance on the field, you need to do something to draw attention off the field :)

Archived