Position Battles

Maverick.AU

He is referring to Ben Obomanu and Devin Aromashodu.   They both played in the NFL for years.  

3 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I hope Kyle has been putting in work.  In the playoffs Mill Creek shut him down easy and he could not get any separation whatsoever.  I don't know what his top end speed is but I would love to see him do well and have a kid with his size that could fly.

He's not a top end speed guy. His physicality & jumping ability are his biggest assets.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Maybe he was hurt in the playoffs

Not sure. His Sr film definitely took a step back from his Jr film though unfortunately.

Yeah you're right, and as soon as he got here he had a procedure done so maybe that hindered him a little in the playoffs

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I thought of 2014 as the best duo we'd ever see at receiver, but this year could be the best stable

You mean 2004 right? The O boys & Courtney Taylor we damn good.

12 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Anthony Mix was no slouch either

Couldn't remember if he was still on the team in 04.

^Since they were pretty much the same players, you can add '05 (the offense that year actually scored more PPG (32.75) against SEC competition than '04 (30.875)). Just imagine how killer our receiving corps could be once they get a couple years under their belt.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

^Since they were pretty much the same players, you can add '05 (the offense that year actually scored more PPG (32.75) against SEC competition than '04 (30.875)). Just imagine how killer our receiving corps could be once they get a couple years under their belt.

Tubs taking his foot off the gas after the 2nd quarter many times in "04 had a lot to do with that.

^True. Part of me wishes he had kept his foot on the gas, but then I remember how Shula tried to run up the score against Florida in 2005, resulting in the Turds' best receiver ending his career. Plus, it probably wouldn't have propelled us over OK.

Still, '05 was still a darn good offense.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

You mean 2004 right? The O boys & Courtney Taylor we damn good.

If you're talking stable wise, I'm not guaranteeing they'll be the best, I just feel the potential is there.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you're talking stable wise, I'm not guaranteeing they'll be the best, I just feel the potential is there.

We did not have a duo in 2014 as good as the O boys in 2004.

44 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't believe that

Scoring wise Courtney Taylor & Obamanu were better. 13 TD catches to Duke & Sammie's 9. Sammie & Duke had more catches 79 to 68. The name of the game for offense though is scoring & I'd rather have the extra 24 points Courtney & Obamanu had.

If Tubs only knew what he had in Irons that Ga Tech game and didn't force Cox into throwing 4 ints then who knows how 2005 would have gone.  Also if John Vaughn can hit a field goal against LSU we'd possibly been playing for the BCS National Championship.  Instead we got our butt handed to us by Wisconsin.  Something about a Barry Alvarez coached Wisconsin team that gets us.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Scoring wise Courtney Taylor & Obamanu were better. 13 TD catches to Duke & Sammie's 9. Sammie & Duke had more catches 79 to 68. The name of the game for offense though is scoring & I'd rather have the extra 24 points Courtney & Obamanu had.

Bit different having Campbell throwing vs Nick Marshall, I'd think lol. Also what about YPC? I looked earlier and I believed Sammie had better than Courtney and same goes for Duke vs Obamanu, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately we got less than 13 games of the two I'm supporting, and neither were 100% at the same time more than 1 or 2 games, so I can't concretely deny what you're saying, but I'll say Duke/Sammie had more potential. Sammie was a deep threat deity and Duke could catch just about anything on anyone back in 2014 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Bit different having Campbell throwing vs Nick Marshall, I'd think lol. Also what about YPC? I looked earlier and I believed Sammie had better than Courtney and same goes for Duke vs Obamanu, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately we got less than 13 games of the two I'm supporting, and neither were 100% at the same time more than 1 or 2 games, so I can't concretely deny what you're saying, but I'll say Duke/Sammie had more potential. Sammie was a deep threat deity and Duke could catch just about anything on anyone back in 2014 

Don't forget though Tubs took the gas off after the 2nd quarter often times. If he hadn't done that Taylor & Obamanu would have put up even better numbers.

Archived