Sunshine Pumping 2016

Win4AU

49 minutes ago, keesler said:

For the early part of the season Clemson's offense is a concern the AU defense better be ready to get to Watson.  I think AU can handle aTm at home.  LSU will be returning 18 players with starting experience from last year's team - they will ride Fournette like a thoroughbred in JHS and our defense better be ready to manhandle that LSU oline and get to Fournette early and often.  I'm predicting 4-2 for the 1st half of the season.

I could live with that, but I've got a sneaking suspicion we'll beat LSU. Can't really get a handle on the Clemson game, though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think LSU is 9-3, 8-4 due to lack of Qb.  Their defense will be tough but they were top 10 in 2010 and we ran for over 400yrds on them.  Should have beat them way worse than score shows.

4 hours ago, keesler said:

For the early part of the season Clemson's offense is a concern the AU defense better be ready to get to Watson.  I think AU can handle aTm at home.  LSU will be returning 18 players with starting experience from last year's team - they will ride Fournette like a thoroughbred in JHS and our defense better be ready to manhandle that LSU oline and get to Fournette early and often.  I'm predicting 4-2 for the 1st half of the season.

This is pretty much how I feel.

I think it all lands on our LB'ers.  The DL can penetrate and hold up blockers, but if Tre and gang can't fit the gaps correctly it will be much the same.  I loved Kris Frost, but man he would take himself out of plays.   Fournette and all RB's for that matter will have success if our LB's do not get alot better!  

Even though they are an inexperienced group I believe our LBs will be better than expected.  The kid from Illinois will help immediately with alignments and what not.  Tre, Holland, and Williams are young but really good.  I recall hearing Holland's name a lot toward the end of the year.  This year will be a good learning year to make Tre the man in 2017.  That LSU game our defense was defeated before it even hit the field.  Ford running his mouth didn't help either.

I think Fournette will not be the dominating back that he was for the first part of the season like he was. He will remain a good back, but not what we saw last season.  With a healthy Lawson & Adams, our defense will shut him down like Ole Miss and Arky did last season. They do not have a QB that can turn a passing game when their running game is shut down.

I think our defense is going to be the biggest surprise this season in the SEC.

12 hours ago, keesler said:

Unless Brandon Harris somehow stops being mediocre at best, all the Auburn defense has to do is be 2014 level and just commit to stopping Fournette. With Lawson and a far deeper DL, as well as Steele who might be able to give some tidbits, we should be favored if we go into that game 3-1 with a close Clemson L. 

P.S I dont see Harris getting better

51 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think Fournette will not be the dominating back that he was for the first part of the season like he was. He will remain a good back, but not what we saw last season.  With a healthy Lawson & Adams, our defense will shut him down like Ole Miss and Arky did last season. They do not have a QB that can turn a passing game when their running game is shut down.

I think our defense is going to be the biggest surprise this season in the SEC.

I still believe Fournette is a transcendent talent along with Dalvin Cook and Chubb, he plays in arguably the worst designed offense out of any elite back in recent history. He basically has to have 150+ yards a game for the offense to flow

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Unless Brandon Harris somehow stops being mediocre at best, all the Auburn defense has to do is be 2014 level and just commit to stopping Fournette. With Lawson and a far deeper DL, as well as Steele who might be able to give some tidbits, we should be favored if we go into that game 3-1 with a close Clemson L. 

P.S I dont see Harris getting better

Clemson will fall as well!

Four predictable losses for us this year - Clemson, LSU, UGA & Bama then we win a mid level bowl for 9 wins, our staff stays in tact and 2017 becomes a VERY legit sunshine pumping season. Wait for it...

54 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Four predictable losses for us this year - Clemson, LSU, UGA & Bama then we win a mid level bowl for 9 wins, our staff stays in tact and 2017 becomes a VERY legit sunshine pumping season. Wait for it...

This could work 

Gotta beat one of the big 3 this year.  All 3 could have Qb problems and strong running games.  All 3 could lose games early that deter their seasons.  UNC could easily beat UGA, Ole Miss could beat Bama, and LSU could lose to Auburn. 

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Gotta beat one of the big 3 this year.  All 3 could have Qb problems and strong running games.  All 3 could lose games early that deter their seasons.  UNC could easily beat UGA, Ole Miss could beat Bama, and LSU could lose to Auburn. 

Not going to be pretty if Gus loses to LSU, uga & uat. 

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not going to be pretty if Gus loses to LSU, uga & uat. 

Nor should it be.

wde

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

After last years game is when I soured on Gus. No excuse for losing that game. NONE. 

I am still a big Gus fan but I agree. 

On July 24, 2016 at 1:36 PM, AUBwins said:

Darvin Adams was so good at those intermediate routes. Of course he would burn deep, but a lot of those were because he excelled at route running and double moves.  The SC game in sec Champs was a perfect example. 

When you're killing them with intermediate routes , that only makes the deep ball that much more effective. Even off of PA. 

11 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If our QB play is less than stellar, I agree. Otherwise, lookout and :wedance:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, alexava said:

how does au score 41 with 3fgs on vandy?

We go for the 2-pt. conversion on all 4 TDs scored.

While we're at it, here are my current projected SEC rankings:

East
1. Tennessee--5-3, 9-3
1. Florida--5-3, 8-4
1. Georgia--5-3, 9-3
4. Vanderbilt--3-5, 6-6
5. Missouri--2-6, 5-7
6. Kentucky--2-6, 5-7
7. USC--1-7, 4-8

West
1. LSU--7-1, 11-1
2. Alabama--7-1, 11-1
3. Mississippi--5-3, 8-4
4. Auburn--4-4, 7-5
5. A&M--4-4, 8-4
6. MSU--3-5, 7-5
7. Arkansas--3-5, 6-6

I see a three-way round-robin tie atop the East. Tennessee finishes highest ranked. I think they enter November behind Florida and Georgia, who both screw up (Florida loses to Bert, Georgia gets upset somewhere along the line--I'm predicting Kentucky). Basically, Florida beats Georgia, Georgia beats Tennessee, and Tennessee beats Florida.

I think LSU wins the west, and enters the final weekend of the regular season being able to afford a loss at A&M--and because they know this, are not focused on the game and get upset.

In classic Tuberville tradition, I think we beat someone we're not supposed to (I'll say Mississippi), and lose to someone we're not supposed to (I'll say Vandy). LSU beats Tennessee in the championship.

Bowls
NY6 games--LSU and Alabama (probably in Sugar, assuming there's three other teams that finish with one loss)
Citrus--Tennessee
Belk--Auburn
Liberty--MSU
Music City--Georgia
Outback--Florida
TaxSlayer--Mississippi
Texas--A&M
Birmingham--Arkansas
Independence--Vanderbilt

Archived