Surprises, disappointments, newcomers

corchjay

17 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

JF3 as a surprise to those doubting him. I am expecting big things.

Do tell.  All we've been hearing from those who are getting info from close to the program is that he's not anywhere close to ready when it comes to his passing.  Have you seen differently, or are you just expecting major fireworks out of the wildcat?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man that position must be genuinely horrible. Ford alright, but top 3 alright?

He has lead an SEC team in tackles for 2 straight years and is a talented return man. Doesn't shock me

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Do tell.  All we've been hearing from those who are getting info from close to the program is that he's not anywhere close to ready when it comes to his passing.  Have you seen differently, or are you just expecting major fireworks out of the wildcat?

He's posted before he feels it's close & that JF3 would win the job.

30 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

He has lead an SEC team in tackles for 2 straight years and is a talented return man. Doesn't shock me

Even with the LSU game, he graded out as the best sure tackler safety in the SEC as well. 

People needs to wash their mouth out with Jack and get the bad taste of the LSU game out of their mouth .

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's posted before he feels it's close & that JF3 would win the job.

Every pundit I've seen predicts the same. Just saying this in general, but it seems that JF3 is at least good enough passing to make the staff feel like he can be saved by game 1. I'll take it

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cowart waking up and making an impact impact would not be a surprise IMO.

Things may very well change but right now Rudy is seen as a top 3 Free Safety in the nation & projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

Would be a surprise to me. 

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

E is correct I do believe JF3 will be the starter. JF3 is gonna be a baller imo. 

My question is more WHY you feel this way.  I'd be psyched if you are right... I just want to be able to share your optimism.

(E is correct I do believe JF3 will be the starter. JF3 is gonna be a baller imo.) 

Sorry my quote function isn't cooperating.

Question: Has he gained any weight over the summer?

8 minutes ago, Seattletiger said:

Question: Has he gained any weight over the summer?

Haley Fagan took a pic of him on the scales at what looked like Winn Dixie a week ago. The scale showed 193.

I am basing that on just what I have heard and from the little I have seen. JF3 will be dynamic in this offense as long as he protects the ball and doesn't turn it over. His passing in sporadic at times but he is working very hard this summer to get better as a passer. His running ability alone will open up passing lanes where he won't have to be as accurate as say Sean White would be. I know our coaches expect JF3 to win he job, that's not saying that he definitely will win the job but they expect him too. Once again this is my opinion of the situation I have not been told JF3 is gonna for sure be the starter. Like it has been said SW would have been the starter at end of spring, but that means really nothing because JF3 has only been in our offense since January so SW was more experienced. I can tell you this as a fact JF3 is working his tail off this summer and it is showing results. We will see what happens when we put the pads on. Also nobody should base really anything on what they saw at Aday  considering the qbs were not allowed to be hit. JF3 was basically handicapped at Aday and not able to use his best assets. Also yes JF3 has gained weight this summer

Hate to see Tony Stevens show up and so many disappointment predictions. Really wish he could step up and give us a tall red zone threat like Uzomah was.

Surprise: Chandler Cox

Disappointment: Tray Matthews

Newcomers: TJ Neal

Surprise : Sean White 3000yrds passing/ 500yrds rushing

Dissapointment: Freshmen recievers, because they are being talked up before they've even been seen in practice against SEC level talent

Newcomer : Marlon Davidson everything out of spring camp said he was already dominating

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

and I'm going on a date with Scarlett Johansson tonight.

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Dissapointment: Freshmen recievers, because they are being talked up before they've even been seen in practice against SEC level talent

Newcomer : Marlon Davidson everything out of spring camp said he was already dominating

Good point on the WRs...honestly I'm a little gun shy about highly touted WR groups we bring in.  Our last all-star group we brought was a huge disappointment...Hawthorne, Slaughter, Zachery, and Rose.  Only one of them produced.  We also had Goodwin, Reed, and Richardson in 2010.  The 2009 group was also a bust, except for Blake.  We just haven't had a lot of luck with the position...even getting guys qualified and staying out of trouble.

22 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Surprise : Sean White 500yrds rushing

Sean White won't have 500 yards rushing his entire career at Auburn.

50 yards this season would be a surprise.

12 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Sean White won't have 500 yards rushing his entire career at Auburn.

50 yards this season would be a surprise.

That's a bit of an overstatement.  If the O-Line can keep him from losing yards on sacks he has it in him to get 20-30/game on the ground with some designed QB runs.  Just look at the numbers he was able to put up last year when he had far more "rushes" for a loss than actual running plays. Take away the sacks and he had 112 yards in 6.5 games, 3 of those with a bad wheel. 

500 would definitely  be pushing it.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That's a bit of an overstatement.  If the O-Line can keep him from losing yards on sacks he has it in him to get 20-30/game on the ground with some designed QB runs.  Just look at the numbers he was able to put up last year when he had far more "rushes" for a loss than actual running plays. Take away the sacks and he had 112 yards in 6.5 games, 3 of those with a bad wheel. 

500 would definitely  be pushing it.

Sacks counted for Cam's and Nick's rushing total the same way they counted for White's. Finished with 35 rushing yards.

Whether Franklin becomes the starter and/or Wildcat, White's rushing total won't exceed 50 yards.

With Gus at the helm of the offense this year and an off season where he's actually in the mix as starter I believe you'll see a lot more run option from Sean.  He'll probably get 5-10 yrds at most on average but he'll bust a 40yarder every now and then.  Just like many on here are quick to dismiss his running ability so will many opposing coaching staffs which makes him that much more dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

With Gus at the helm of the offense this year and an off season where he's actually in the mix as starter I believe you'll see a lot more run option from Sean.  He'll probably get 5-10 yrds at most on average but he'll bust a 40yarder every now and then.  Just like many on here are quick to dismiss his running ability so will many opposing coaching staffs which makes him that much more dangerous.

Nick Marshall averaged 6.21 YPC in 2013. Cam averaged 5.58 YPC in 2010. I know you said "at most", but that's still REALLY pushing it. 

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I don't know about other people but I'm not dismissing Sean's running ability. The reason I don't think he gets to 500 rush yards is because I don't think he will get many, if any rush attempts. JF3 will be the option QB at the very least. Given Gus has a guy like JF3 to do explosive QB runs with I don't see him calling many runs for Sean since that is not a true strength of his.

Surprise: Broussard

Disappointment: Davis, Marcus

Newcomers: Rice

Broussard actually plays a great deal, Marcus's best season was his first, Rice because the coaches finally fully utilize the TE position.

Chad Kelly 2015 stats 13 games 500 rushing yards and 4042 passing yards.  Ole Miss has a similar offense as ours but I would say leans more passing.  If Chad Kelly in that offense can get 500 then I don't see why its so hard to imagine Sean getting that many in our run heavy offense.

Archived