Hardware

RunInRed

What are the two on the left, which look identical ?

The pic is a bit dark, but I can make out most of 'em.

And what of the IB Trophy ? Does that come back after the game? Or does UAT keep it 'til year's end ?

That's awesome, btw.

Not sure about the ones on the left. As for the ODK Trophy...

The trophy is awarded to the winner at the half time of the Auburn - Alabama basketball game on the winner's home court. The trophy remains in their care until the next year's presentation takes place.

100.jpg

http://odk.org/news_and_events/news?mitem_uid=100

This year's AU-UAT basketball game is January 22nd.

Here's some more pics. BTW, it's worth noting lots of recruits are on campus this weekend and I believe I read somewhere they were included in the banquet activities (not a bad recruiting tool!)...

165357_921565632991_7032682_48279195_4332839_n.jpg

Todd Van Emst photo

165109_921565618021_7032682_48279194_4623105_n.jpg

Todd Van Emst photo

Not sure about the ones on the left. As for the ODK Trophy...

The trophy is awarded to the winner at the half time of the Auburn - Alabama basketball game on the winner's home court. The trophy remains in their care until the next year's presentation takes place.

100.jpg

http://odk.org/news_and_events/news?mitem_uid=100

This year's AU-UAT basketball game is January 22nd.

I always love seeing the trophy presented to us at the bb game half time, but I guess I never really thought about whether that was simply the presentation for it, or what. Like, maybe we got it right away, after the game, but it was shown to the student body at the half time show.

I'll always remember the particular presentation, after the '87 game. When giving the score of the IB, the PA announced " Auburn 10...... " and just left it at that.. Classic! :roflol:

So, it's sort of like the Presidential inauguration? Win it in November, but don't actually get to own the trophy until January ? Huh.

Anyway, still wouldn't mind a list of the awards in the photo. VERY cool

I'm thinking the ones on the left are the Walter Camp All-American trophies. I think Newton, Fairley, and Ziemba made it right? So that would be three of them.

Very cool pictures, thanks for posting!

When the award is presented at the BB game, the losing school has to sing the fight song of the winning school. Love it!!!

Thanks for posting these pics from the banquet. Does anyone know what the framed photos are in one of the pictures? Are they photos of each senior that are presented to them at the banquet? I can see the advantages of having this banquet on campus during recruiting season, but still miss having it here in the B'ham area. I always enjoyed going to the Senior Watch Banquet that the Jefferson County AU Club sponsored. It was lots of fun for those of us who attended. Great opportunity to see the players and coaches, and hear the remarks that the coaches and players made to the audience.

Could the trophies on the left be SEC Player of the Week awards? Or awards for selection to the All-America Team?

All-America was my first guess. If it were POTW awards, there'd need to be a lot more of 'em. Anyone know for sure?

I posed the question to Mark Murhpy on the ITAT board, and his answer is below:

The three identical footballs are probably All-American awards. The huge trophy is the Herbie given out by ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit.

Yes, the three identical trophies are Herbies. I have seen him show what it looks like before. The trophies are for Newton, Dyer, and Malzhan I think. I though CGC had received one also, but I might be wrong.

the tree identical are the herbie awards you can see his pic on them

Yes, the three identical trophies are Herbies. I have seen him show what it looks like before. The trophies are for Newton, Dyer, and Malzhan I think. I though CGC had received one also, but I might be wrong.

I don't think so. The Herbies definitely don't belong in the same category with the others (Heisman, O'Brien, Lombardi, Broyles, HD COTY, SECCG). Plus, I did a google image search for "espn herbie award" and didn't see a single trophy. Is there even any hardware handed out with the Herbies? Don't know where you're getting your info from, but I'd put money on one of the major all-america teams.

the tree identical are the herbie awards you can see his pic on them

I don't think so. The Herbies definitely don't belong in the same category with the others (Heisman, O'Brien, Lombardi, Broyles, HD COTY, SECCG). Plus, I did a google image search for "espn herbie award" and didn't see a single trophy. Is there even any hardware handed out with the Herbies? Don't know where you're getting your info from, but I'd put money on one of the major all-america teams.

So you Googled it and could not find it, so that makes me wrong? No guessing where my info came from, because as I stated, my info came from my own eyeballs, so I did not need to Google anything. Herbie showed a trophy when talking about his award (I agree they are not even close to being the same caliber as the others, which surprised me to see them on the table) and it looks just like what is on the table. If that is not his award, then Herbie has copied some other award,and who's picture is on those awards on the table? Does the Walter Camp or AP All-American award have a picture of somebody on it? It is hard to tell for sure who is on those awards, but it does not look like Walter Camp, but I could be wrong.

Heck, though I pretty sure I am correct, I will admit there is the chance I might be wrong. I could not find any pictures of the Camp or AP All-American awards either, but if I was not sure it is the Herbie, I would not rule them out either just based upon the lack of a picture of them on Google. I am only going by the fact I have seen Herbstriet show a very similar trophy. I don't know what PM means by the biggest one being the Herbie because the rest look like big time legit awards.

I am also not sure all the awards are on the table, because the number on the table and number of awards received do not add up. I know Cam's Maxwell Award is missing, because it looks like this:

maxwell_award_123.jpg

Edit in: This was the only thing of a Herbie Award picture. Not exactly what is on the table or a sure picture of the award, but all of those footballs lined up in the picture are similar to what I saw.

ncf_herbies_576.jpg

Archived