AU-MSU post game thread

TitanTiger

Thought we looked much better this week, even though we lost almost all of the stats battles (first downs, passing and rushing yards, penalty yards, 3rd down conversions and possession clock). But we still manage to win the most important stat, the points.

Oh, and man do we have some special teams this year! Good to see the Bull back after those pesky administrative oversights...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the ball, exactly. That's why either Miss St's 1st or 2nd TD (I forget which) did count. The player was out of bounds but the ball was still inside the pylons. The ball has to remain in bounds.

On a similar note regarding Dyer's TD that was reviewed: if Dyer was spun around and the ball did not cross the goal BUT his knees touched first in the end zone, is that a TD?

The whole radio headset thing really irked me

Me too. For some reason, I thought MSU was being mischievous about it. I think they felt CDM calling plays without Auburn D coaches radioing down info to CTR was an advantage. They were working fine one series later.

Yea that's what I thought too. Chizik was great calling out the MSU coach who kept his on.

Anybody notice that Chizik did not shake hands with Mullen after the game?

Me too. For some reason, I thought MSU was being mischievous about it. I think they felt CDM calling plays without Auburn D coaches radioing down info to CTR was an advantage. They were working fine one series later.

Yea that's what I thought too. Chizik was great calling out the MSU coach who kept his on.

No I did not notice that but that would be one of the few times I would agree with that! Awesome! Although it might have been better to shake his hand and make a smart ass comment like ole Tuberville would have.

I'm glad he didn't!! That one MSU coach was yelling back across the field about the headsets, lol.

Sailing through the air without touching the endzone or the pylon or getting the ball inside the pylon results in no TD.

had to remove all of it because it wouldn't let me post my response.

Titan, we are saying the same thing. Read the exception I quoted above. It's saying the same thing as the plays you put up. That play today when ballard dove, he was already out of bounds which is why he couldn't score. We are saying the same thing here.

I goofed. The goal line does in fact end at the pylons now.

Of the ball, exactly. That's why either Miss St's 1st or 2nd TD (I forget which) did count. The player was out of bounds but the ball was still inside the pylons. The ball has to remain in bounds.

On a similar note regarding Dyer's TD that was reviewed: if Dyer was spun around and the ball did not cross the goal BUT his knees touched first in the end zone, is that a TD?

I'll defer to TitanTiger to answer that specific question. But it looked to me like the ball did cross the goal line as dyer was being spun in the air.. Oddly it appeared to me the nodal point of the spin was the ball itself.

The entire goal line is part of the endzone. All the ball has to do is touch the near edge of the goal line and its a touchdown. It doesn't have to get passed the painted goal line. In this case, the ball touched the plane, so its dead and a touchdown.

It makes absolutely NO difference where his knees are. If the ball doesn't touch or cross the plane of the goal line its not a touchdown.

No. The ball has to break the plane of the line. If his knees were in the endzone but the ball never crossed then it isn't a touchdown.

A lot of folks have already mentioned Ware's comments during the game. I think he did a pretty good job of masking his hatred for Auburn until the post game comments when he said, "Auburn finds a way to win AGAIN." His rage was obvious in the way he enunciated the word "again." It was pure hatred.

I hope Andre Ware, of all former players, isn't feeling righteous indignation over the Cam deal. Ware was one of the most obnoxious and arrogant players in football history and was reportedly taking home truckloads of cash from Houston boosters. Him being offended by a possible pay for play scheme by a current player would be like Al Capone complaining about the rise in crime.

A lot of folks have already mentioned Ware's comments during the game. I think he did a pretty good job of masking his hatred for Auburn until the post game comments when he said, "Auburn finds a way to win AGAIN." His rage was obvious in the way he enunciated the word "again." It was pure hatred.

I hope Andre Ware, of all former players, isn't feeling righteous indignation over the Cam deal. Ware was one of the most obnoxious and arrogant players in football history and was reportedly taking home truckloads of cash from Houston boosters. Him being offended by a possible pay for play scheme by a current player would be like Al Capone complaining about the rise in crime.

Yeah, listening to Ware made me long for Triple Dave.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

No doubt. I wouldn't mind the constant Ely Manning comments now.

And I'll say this about Chris Relf. He's a very tough runner but he's no Cam Newton.

That's for sure; Cam almost certainly would have scored one-on-one at the goal line, and Cam wouldn't have missed every long pass he threw by 2 yards or more.

I also lost a lot of respect for Mullen today. The deliberate spear of Blake should have resulted in the DB being ejected. It was a clear cheap shot but when Mullen let that kid go back in the game when he should have gone to the hospital it was extremely irresponsible. I also think the headset thing was fake. It looked choreographed. Kudos to Chizik for catching MSU's cheating on that. I also thought MSU just played dirty but that's every bit as much of a tradition in Starkvegas as the cow bell.

Starkvegas?

Don't cities with an actual buzz end in "-Vegas"? Nashvegas, Ashevegas, etc?

Starkville is a boring little town with zip going on.

(not criticizing you, I know you didn't originate the term. Just sayin')

It's hyperbole.

No. The ball has to break the plane of the line. If his knees were in the endzone but the ball never crossed then it isn't a touchdown.

Thanks Meta, thats the answer was looking for. I seemed to remember a pro game a while back where the guy ran parallel into the endzone but held the ball out over the one yard line and got the TD. Was just a wondering.

Starkvegas?

Don't cities with an actual buzz end in "-Vegas"? Nashvegas, Ashevegas, etc?

Starkville is a boring little town with zip going on.

(not criticizing you, I know you didn't originate the term. Just sayin')

I thought you always ended shiot holes in -vegas.

Archived