AU-MSU post game thread

TitanTiger

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did the headset thing happen. I want to go back and watch it on espn3.

Near start of the 4th quarter. Right after the kickoff from our last TD.

And watch Chizik go bonkers on some douche bag state bro because he wouldn't lose the headset.

Well, that was a weird exchange. Who know what was going on but both sides looked a bit childish over it.

Well, that was a weird exchange. Who know what was going on but both sides looked a bit childish over it.

I didn't think Chizik looked childish over it at all. Mullen was trying to deprive Auburn's field coaches of communication upstairs while keeping it for his own people. That was the actions of a low life piece of trash.

Chizik caught them still using their headsets before thenext play was snapped. It should have resulted in a personal foul on Mullen and his ejection from the stadium.

Just watched the 4th quarter again, and noticed the play right before MSU scored their last TD. 1st and goal from the 9, Ballard ran to the 3. Darren Bates was locked up with MSU #23, and after the whistle, Bates got shoved hard onto his backside. It was a continuation of legitimate blocking, and could have been called a PF (and given the way we were flagged earlier in the game, probably should have been; would have drastically changed the last 3 minutes of the game). You can argue the non-call, but what intrigued me was Bates lying on his back holding up his hands like, "where's the flag", and the side judge comes up, bends over him and starts a conversation. He then helps Bates up, and Bates puts his arm around the ref's shoulders and carries on the conversation for several more seconds. I would love to have had a mic on that conversation.

I didn't think Chizik looked childish over it at all. Mullen was trying to deprive Auburn's field coaches of communication upstairs while keeping it for his own people. That was the actions of a low life piece of trash.

Chizik caught them still using their headsets before thenext play was snapped. It should have resulted in a personal foul on Mullen and his ejection from the stadium.

While I have no love for Mullen in any way shape or form, that a lot of MAJOR speculation on your part. You don't have any way to know what was happening on the field or in the press box. Perhaps we will find out during the week, but to imply they were doing something intentionally is nothing but speculation.

LSU is probably going to beat Miss St pretty bad. MSU is banged up far more than they expected to be after this game, and they have only 4 days to prepare. They put everything they had into trying to beat Auburn...and fell short. They'll be 0-2 in the SEC next Fri morning.

I'll have to disagree on that one a little bit..even though it will be a short turn around for MSU...I think they will shock LSU. MSU didn't expect us to come out the way we did and to get in a high scoring game with us is higher odds of us wining!

Their QB will be a force and those guys on defense hit hard. The SEC will be so unpredictable this year. I don't think ANY team in the SEC will go undefeated in conference play and that EVERYONE will have at LEAST 2 SEC loses! It's just too stacked from top to bottom and no one is clearly unbeatable.

I also don't think Chizik looked childish over it at all.

If I'm playing heads-up poker and my opponent suddenly tells me after the flop I can't look at my cards due to some obscure rules, but then he looks at his cards I'm gonna call him out on it too!

The TV announcer said the MSU assistant who had the headpiece on was 'just trying to fix it' but it seems suspicious to me. Speculation, but the assistant had the look of a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar when the cameras zoomed to him.

I'm glad Chizik called him out. If we can't wear headsets because MSU mysteriously broke their they damn well can't wear one either.

Did anyone resolve the problem with the MSU headsets?

While I have no love for Mullen in any way shape or form, that a lot of MAJOR speculation on your part. You don't have any way to know what was happening on the field or in the press box. Perhaps we will find out during the week, but to imply they were doing something intentionally is nothing but speculation.

Then why keep their headsets on after claiming they didn't work. A TV shot of the MSU assistants in the booth during that halt in play showed the asst coaches there clearly talking into their headsets, although the announcers said nothing about it. And why was Mullen pitching a fit when the refs told his people to remove their headsets? Note also that, as soon as the refs told the MSU coaches to remove their headsets...they seemed to miraculously start working again.

All I can say is that 25 miles offshore, listening to the game on an AM station SUCKS.

Anxious (ank'-shus) adj: The feeling present when one is listening to a football game and the radio goes to static during a pivotal drive in the fourth quarter.

Just watched the 4th quarter again, and noticed the play right before MSU scored their last TD. 1st and goal from the 9, Ballard ran to the 3. Darren Bates was locked up with MSU #23, and after the whistle, Bates got shoved hard onto his backside. It was a continuation of legitimate blocking, and could have been called a PF (and given the way we were flagged earlier in the game, probably should have been; would have drastically changed the last 3 minutes of the game). You can argue the non-call, but what intrigued me was Bates lying on his back holding up his hands like, "where's the flag", and the side judge comes up, bends over him and starts a conversation. He then helps Bates up, and Bates puts his arm around the ref's shoulders and carries on the conversation for several more seconds. I would love to have had a mic on that conversation.

Bates: Where's the flag, man?

Ref: C'mon dude, you expect me to call that? you were clearly acting flailing your arms everywhere.

Bates: haha you're right, can you blame me though?

Ref: I know where you're coming from.

something like that I would assume

Bates: Where's the flag, man?

Ref: C'mon dude, you expect me to call that? you were clearly acting flailing your arms everywhere.

Bates: haha you're right, can you blame me though?

Ref: I know where you're coming from.

something like that I would assume

Haha.....I'd like to agree with you on that one!

Archived