• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 RunInRed

RunInRed

War Eagle!

• ADMIN
  • 31,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

AU defeats Florida Atlantic 30-14, improving their record to 3-1. Share your thoughts...
Support our Sponsors -- Please show your appreciation to our sponsors by visiting their websites or establishments and patronizing them when they can be of service to you. Thank you in advance for supporting the business owners who keep this site going. War Eagle!

#2 RunInRed

RunInRed

War Eagle!

• ADMIN
  • 31,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Trovon Reed, Brandon Fulse, and Onterio McCalebb all appeared to get banged up...
Support our Sponsors -- Please show your appreciation to our sponsors by visiting their websites or establishments and patronizing them when they can be of service to you. Thank you in advance for supporting the business owners who keep this site going. War Eagle!

#3 WarAJEagle

WarAJEagle

Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostRunInRed, on 24 September 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

AU defeats Florida Atlantic 30-14, improving their record to 3-1. Share your thoughts...

Terrified for the rest of the season. Except for Samford and Ole Miss.
"I believe in Auburn and love it."

#4 RunInRed

RunInRed

War Eagle!

• ADMIN
  • 31,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Florida Atlantic went 6 of 14 on 3rd downs vs. Auburn. Entered the game 2 of 23, worst in nation.

@jonsol

Florida Atlantic, which had one first down against Michigan State, got 20 against Auburn, but lost 30-14

@AUGoldMine

#5 ShocksMyBrain

ShocksMyBrain

BOT Chairman

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Terrible defense.

Terrible offense.

No dyer.

No offensive line help.

Trotter looked bad.
I love my backyard.

Posted Image

#6 BigBlue

BigBlue

Asst Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

View PostRunInRed, on 24 September 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

Florida Atlantic went 6 of 14 on 3rd downs vs. Auburn. Entered the game 2 of 23, worst in nation.

@jonsol

I think that about sums it up :angry:

#7 Team Captain

Team Captain

GTA

• Verified Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

I know the game wasn't about numbers......but FAU had five more first downs than AU (20 to 15).  AU had 319 total yards to 306 for FAU.

#8 CCTAU

CCTAU

Director of Sensitivity Training!

• Verified Member
  • 10,180 posts

Sideline chick looked like Buffy the vampire slayer. Only interesting  thing I saw.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for,that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931

#9 channonc

channonc

Dept Head

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Embarrassing.  The horrors never end.

#10 aubrandon

aubrandon

Professor

• Verified Member
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

I hope our players are ok. There were a good many helmet to helmet hits that were not called or the officials just didn't have a clue.

There are serious problems on this team. We are just completely out of sync on offense and defense.  The O line is having a hard time blocking. I wish CGM will throw away the spread bubble screen to the slot receiver. I think we have ran it twenty times for ten yards or something. Michael Dyer needs to touch the ball at least twenty times a game. I know it was FAU maybe that was the reason tonight.

Too Too many holes on defense. Too many receivers open.....Way too many missed tackles. THIS MUST BE FIXED.
Take your kids hunting and when they are older you will not have to hunt your kids!!!

AUBURN TIGERS THE 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

#11 gotigers

gotigers

Pitmaster Extraordinaire

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Reed is getting x-rays on his arm and shoulder.

#12 aubrandon

aubrandon

Professor

• Verified Member
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

View PostShocksMyBrain, on 24 September 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

Terrible defense.

Terrible offense.

No dyer.

No offensive line help.

Trotter looked bad.
That summed it up. You sir are 100% correct. Major major problems on both sides of the ball.
Take your kids hunting and when they are older you will not have to hunt your kids!!!

AUBURN TIGERS THE 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

#13 RunInRed

RunInRed

War Eagle!

• ADMIN
  • 31,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Chizik "proud of guys who stepped up to the plate." ...LaDarius Owens, Jermaine Whitehead, Brandon Fulse...
Chizik: "The bottom line is there are things we can build on. Three interceptions was big for us defensively."
Chizik: "Offensively, we struggled and we've got some things we've got to get corrected there....Really, from the opening play on."
Chizik: "A lot of times I felt like Barrett was running for his life tonight..and it's not necessarily an offensive line deal or a RB deal."
Chizik on October: "I don't need to stay a whole bunch about it. You guys know who we're playing. It's going to be an extremely tall order."
Onterio McCalebb, Trovon Reed both left late. No immediate details from Chizik.
Chizik on Whitehead's INT: "The timing was big. That was something we needed b/c we were struggling so much offensively."

@auburnbeat
That's an interesting comment about Trotter ... he's either referring to the WRs or Trotter himself.  Hmm...

#14 80Tiger

80Tiger

Professor

• Verified Member
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

View PostWarAJEagle, on 24 September 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostRunInRed, on 24 September 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

Terrified for the rest of the season. Except for Samford and Ole Miss.
I wouldn't count Ole Miss right yet

#15 Auburnfan91

Auburnfan91

bleed orange and blue

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

Interesting that Chizik's that critical of the offense. He wasn't that critical of the defense until we lost.

Edited by Auburnfan91, 24 September 2011 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#16 ShocksMyBrain

ShocksMyBrain

BOT Chairman

• Verified Member
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

Sick of the coachspeak.

Lemme guess how this week's practice will go:

Simplifying defense(again)

It's physical

If we can't handle FAU, then we are going to get killed next week against an awful, drunk Garcia.

Start KF.  Trotter isn't getting it done by throwing the ball a thousand mph to someone 5 feet in front of him.
I love my backyard.

Posted Image

#17 CJ Bas

CJ Bas

Asst Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

The distressing thing is that they keep getting worse, not better.

#18 Tiger Refuge

Tiger Refuge

Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

I like Trotter and I understand that he earned the starting role, but why in the world would you(coach) not leave Frazier in when it is obvious that he adds a different dynamic to this offense. I am happy that the team won, but disappointed that to me  it looks like they are going backwards in identity.

#19 RunInRed

RunInRed

War Eagle!

• ADMIN
  • 31,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Auburn's Gene Chizik on his defense: `We didn't play the way we wanted to play the whole night, but we certainly showed improvement.'
Auburn's Gene Chizik on the offense: `We know we have a chance to get better, and we know it has the capability of being explosive.'

@AUGoldMine

#20 ShocksMyBrain

ShocksMyBrain

BOT Chairman

• Verified Member
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Coach speak again.
I love my backyard.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users