***AUBURN vs. Florida Atlantic Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Are we wanting Chizik to say "yea, our team sucks. Our coaches suck. We have no confidence in ourselves" and throw his team under the bus, or what?

If that's what it takes to light a fire under the ass of the poor performing team we have currently, then I'll accept it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we wanting Chizik to say "yea, our team sucks. Our coaches suck. We have no confidence in ourselves" and throw his team under the bus, or what?

If that's what it takes to light a fire under the ass of the poor performing team we have currently, then I'll accept it.

Ditto that...they played uninspired.

AU defeats Florida Atlantic 30-14, improving their record to 3-1. Share your thoughts...

Terrified for the rest of the season. Except for Samford and Ole Miss.

AGREE!!!!!!!

Sure, say that to the team if that's what it takes, but I would be flat-out embarrassed if any of our coaches publicly made statements like that about the young men on our team. It's just a game, nothing worth absolutely tearing into our guys about.

I hope our players are ok. There were a good many helmet to helmet hits that were not called or the officials just didn't have a clue.

There are serious problems on this team. We are just completely out of sync on offense and defense. The O line is having a hard time blocking. I wish CGM will throw away the spread bubble screen to the slot receiver. I think we have ran it twenty times for ten yards or something. Michael Dyer needs to touch the ball at least twenty times a game. I know it was FAU maybe that was the reason tonight.

Too Too many holes on defense. Too many receivers open.....Way too many missed tackles. THIS MUST BE FIXED.

I am sure it had no bearing on the game but the Referee is and Alabama grad, just saying <_<

AU defeats Florida Atlantic 30-14, improving their record to 3-1. Share your thoughts...

Terrified for the rest of the season. Except for Samford and Ole Miss.

I wouldn't count Ole Miss right yet

We can't slip to Ole Miss..... I transferred to Auburn from Ole Miss. I'd never hear the end of it. :blink:

USCe's defense is gonna give Trotter a heart attack. He was the problem on offense tonight. If he woukd just step up in the pocket, several plays could have been different. Or it might be that we only have one WR that can get open.

Trotter: "There a lot of small details that could have made a big difference in getting ball in end zone that we didn't make happen."

@auburnbeat

Like what? Looking lost and throwing the ball too hard at someone standing right in front of you?

Trotter's got an arm, but he has no touch.

He also needs to reconize when there are 7 in coverage and either throw it short or run after his drop back when no one had created separation.

Schnellenberger said his players happy: "They feel this game, following the first 2 blowouts, gives us a reason to have self-confidence."

Schnellenberger: "This is not a win; this is a loss to a vastly more talented team."

@auburnbeat

I'm so tired of those WR bubble screens & laterals I don't know what to do! When the offense does get going Gus goes to one of his "cute" calls that sets the offense back. Throw the ball down the field if you're going to throw it!!! Not enough Dyer...they call themselves trying to hold Dyer to a minimum of carries until the month of Oct. Feed the man the ball! Period!!

Frazier showed he is going to be a good one...would like for him to play more...even start at QB put he has no support regarding a good defense to aid in his growing pains. If Auburn had even a decent defense...the job would be Frazier's by mid season but since we don't he'll probably have wait til next year to start but I'm sure after seeing more of him...the coaches would be tempting to give him a shoot at some point.

OMac...needs to run the ball up the middle..It's the SEC...every team has speed and power! The defense....well...that's a whole other story that I refuse to continually go into...maybe it will be much better next year with a new Defensive Coordinator!

For those of you banging the Kodi Burns drum, could we at least see the kid complete a pass before we ignorantly call for the starting of a true freeman at QB in the SEC. It's like the last 5 years never happened.

For those of you banging the Kodi Burns drum, could we at least see the kid complete a pass before we ignorantly call for the starting of a true freeman at QB in the SEC. It's like the last 5 years never happened.

Kodi graduated. But he and Kiehl Frazier are both from Arkansas.

We suck like a Dyson but WAR EAGLE anyway! Hopefully things will improve. Very disappointing going from good to great and from great to poop. just sayin. much love everybody keep your chin up. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!.......P.S. my wife and i are expecting our first born (son) Oct 10 after years of trying. Another Auburn Man on his way!!!!God bless you all!

Kodi graduated. But he and Kiehl Frazier are both from Arkansas.

Seems you heard what I was saying while almost missing my Point!

Still not close to being a good team.

Offense - no production, gave up at least 4 sacks to FAU, terrible was most glaring to me. But defensively, letting the worst offense in the country out gain you, get more first downs (3x as many as they were averaging!!), let them score their 1st TD of the year! #27 seemed to be the best tackler made several good tackles.

"Defensive Coordinator Ted Roof: "I absolutely saw progress. We improved and that was the goal. I think it showed."

Really? what game were they watching?

Are our coaches this out of touch?

Regarding Dyer - He is our best offensive weapon. If I were the coach, I'd have rested him and kept him injury free for the next four opponents. We probably would have scored more points, but why risk injuring him when you don't absolutely need him to win a game? If they don't use him much next week, I will certainly have questions.

The future is still bright, just not the immediate future. Yes, they went backwards this week, but that is what happens with a young team. Everyone should realize by now that October is probably going to be ugly. We are probably looking at a 4-8 or 5-7 season unless we can pull a big upset on someone. Its easy to support a 14-0 team holding up the crystal ball. But the team and the coaches need our support now more than ever. War Eagle!

Archived