Auburn v. USCe post game thread

TexasTiger

That was the weirdest game I've ever seen. That was just strange.

On Dyer/Lattimore III Dyer wins again.

In three games head-to-head Michael Dyer has out rushed Marcus Lattimore 305 yards to 183 yards. Dyer is 3-0 against Lattimore. Dyer also has an SEC Championship, National Championship and BCS Game MVP to his credit. Think we got the right tailback?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FANTASTIC!!!!

Winning this game was huge for our kids. But more importantly they actually looked like what they were doing on D. SC had only 2 of 10 3rd down conversions and our O ran 95 plays.

We finally see some improvment. And our kids have built some confidence that they can actually get the job done.

Doing it on the road makes it doubly important.

Still a lot of work to be done but now there's some hope they can get it done.

Hats off to our guys. Keep working hard and this could be a good season yet and lay the groundwork for another title run next year.

Alright be honest, who did the Lutzie after the TD? ;)

I did, well, at least my version of it!!dance.gif

Hell of a game. Dyer proved again that he was the right back for our offense.

How big of a pick-up was Lutz? That kid is indispensable.

Our defense looked great today but let's keep in perspective who it was against. A HC whose best days are behind him and a QB just as likely to beat his own team as the opponent. I'm still not a fan of Ted Roof. We did tackle better today, alignment was better and the DBs played the ball finally.

Trotter scares the hell out of me. I don't know where I stand on the QB issue anymore

Our defense looked great today but let's keep in perspective who it was against. A HC whose best days are behind him and a QB just as likely to beat his own team as the opponent. I'm still not a fan of Ted Roof. We did tackle better today, alignment was better and the DBs played the ball finally.

Trotter scares the hell out of me. I don't know where I stand on the QB issue anymore

I disagree about the defense but I think I have the exact same feeling about Trotter. I just don't know how the offense will get fixed.

As far as the defense, USCe may not be a world beater but their talent and coaching is as good as any team we've played and we held them in check. Not just on the scoreboard but in every way that matters. It is just one game but it is a huge improvement from what we've seen. Even if we benefited from our players matching up well with theirs (I find that hard to believe when their players include Lattimore and Jeffery) the defense that showed up the previous 4 weeks wouldn't have beat them.

I disagree about the defense but I think I have the exact same feeling about Trotter. I just don't know how the offense will get fixed.

As far as the defense, USCe may not be a world beater but their talent and coaching is as good as any team we've played and we held them in check. Not just on the scoreboard but in every way that matters. It is just one game but it is a huge improvement from what we've seen. Even if we benefited from our players matching up well with theirs (I find that hard to believe when their players include Lattimore and Jeffery) the defense that showed up the previous 4 weeks wouldn't have beat them.

Obviously that defense didn't make the trip.

Very good win no doubt. Great defensive effort and game. That alone will keep you in every game. I think we saw that we are a running team and that is how we will win games. Wish we could have taken advanatage of the field position we had most of the day but it was a great win on the road.

I agree. Garcia had WR's open but he made bad throws and forced the ball downfield.

If the offense did one thing right it was to keep the defense from being on the field too much. We actually won time of possession. South Carolina's offense didn't even have 50 plays I don't think.

Obviously, the best defensive performance of the year. Offense is another story. I'd give the OL run blocking a B, pass blocking a D. Trotter mostly had ZERO time to pass. Although he made some poor decisions a few times, a lot of his problems were b/c of blocking up front.

The national media can hype Lattimore as the best back in the SEC all they want, but Dyer has shown that to be total BS. And in none of them was Lattimore going up against a far better defense than Dyer had to.

Three games head to head:

Dyer 303 yds on 78 carries (3.9 ypc, 101 ypg)

Lattimore 183 yds on 47 carries (3.9 ypc, 61 ypg)

Is Dyer up the middle our official first down play? That was driving me crazy all game.

Yes and it was the only thing that ever worked more than once and didn't turn into disaster. You play the hand you are dealt. Our hand requires a conservative approach.

Garcia could screw up a wet dream. It was almost comical.

To be fair, some of those screwups were forced by pressure. And Trotter almost matched him screwup for screwup. A certain dumb pass into the corner of the endzone where no one was open comes to mind.

Offense did well in keeping the ball....and in turn keeping the defense off the field. It helps a heck of a lot on defense when you don't play every snap. DB's and tackling was much improved...and we got some pressure. Garcia certainly helped us in a couple of cases; but that happens in any game...a lot of Garcia's trouble was having people in his face and obviously his receivers just weren't open a great deal of time....Lattimore didn't really enter into it...

Really glad to see us run Dyer so effectively. McAleb had a couple big runs when needed...Not sure what to do about our passing game. We should have been 3 TD's ahead going into the 4th quarter. Trotter has to wind up to throw the ball, is not decisiive and he continues to make bad choices in the red zone (if you are going to throw the ball away; throw the damn thing in the stands)....either we need toroll him out more or; well I don't know. Without a hole-lotta-time; he struggles...

Good to see a big win on the road. Everyone played hard....hit hard...ran hard...

We roll him out a lot. The line can't pass block at all, trotter freaks out when a defender comes through, and Blake and lutz are the only receivers that even try to get open. That's why we used the conservative game plan.

Garcia could screw up a wet dream. It was almost comical.

To be fair, some of those screwups were forced by pressure. And Trotter almost matched him screwup for screwup. A certain dumb pass into the corner of the endzone where no one was open comes to mind.

He has me longing for Chris Todd.

Auburn has beaten a nationally-ranked South Carolina football team three times in the last 371 days in three different stadiums.

Video: Auburn's Gene Chizik praises defense, special teams, Mike Dyer and more after upset win. Watich it: http://bit.ly/oUvR9m

<object id="flashObj" width="600" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1194769933001&playerID=648748947001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUKuk~,O7BxoSOXb6XQkA_b5L-4Vk5r4UUmQraR&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1194769933001&playerID=648748947001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUKuk~,O7BxoSOXb6XQkA_b5L-4Vk5r4UUmQraR&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="600" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

@AUGoldMine

Unless auburn moves to the eastern division next year, this may be the last time steve spurrier coaches against an auburn team.

Guys, D-fense played awesome compared to the previous weeks. I expect this young D to start to gel as the coaches figure out who goes where best. Also, let's don't forget that it was just USC, similar to MSU. They are both destined to be cellar dwellars (can I get an AMEN WT?). Same with Arky, but they alwasy have our number. These next few games are going to define our season now. Our offensive play calling needs to pick it up to the big leagues and call plays that match personnel and not just what he wants to do as an OC. I am very happy with this win, I knew we could do it, just very uneasy about how we could do it. WAR EAGLE!

That was the weirdest game I've ever seen. That was just strange.

On Dyer/Lattimore III Dyer wins again.

In three games head-to-head Michael Dyer has out rushed Marcus Lattimore 305 yards to 183 yards. Dyer is 3-0 against Lattimore. Dyer also has an SEC Championship, National Championship and BCS Game MVP to his credit. Think we got the right tailback?

And yet Dyer isn't mentioned in the Heisman talk...

USCe offense wasn't superb, but man the pressure we put on them was outstanding! Wonder if there could be a cause/effect there?

Trotter is scarring me also, he seems to be declining with time, but it could be road trips. Gulp.

I was way off on my pre-game prediction that it would take a shootout to beat USCe. Glad our defense stepped up to prove me wrong.

I'm right there with those saying how great of a win this was for our defense. Hopefully this is a turning point, because we need one for Arky/UF/LSU.

To the naysayers (predominantly ESPN) that thought we'd go 0-4 in October. Oops.

We have 1 loss to an undefeated team (leading the ACC) and 0 losses to SEC opponents. Glad our boys are holding true and giving us legitimate hope for another amazing season. These cardiac kids sure know how to win!

War Damn Eagle!!!!

Archived