AU v. FL post-game thread

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 TexasTiger

TexasTiger

Fighting for truth, justice and the American way.

• MOD
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

:au: 17
:uf: 6

WDE!

"On principle I hate the move, because Obama did it..." AU Raptor

#2 Chatt_Tiger

Chatt_Tiger
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

WDE

#3 CJ Bas

CJ Bas

Asst Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Playing Mosely was obviously a good move but we still need to grow a much better offense.  If all we're going to do on 1st down is give it to Dyer up the middle we'll always be looking at 2nd and 8 at best.

#4 wareagle12

wareagle12

AU Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Any word on whether DGB still showed up for the game or not?

#5 BamaGrad03

BamaGrad03

Kool-Aid Drinker

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,561 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'm honestly surprised Mosley hasn't played sooner. That boy can spin a football.

Really good play to Lutz in the 3rd.
"Every time I'm in Tuscaloosa, I'm reminded of what a gorgeous campus Alabama has. It truly is one of those places that looks like a postcard." -- ESPN writer Chris Low

#6 rexbo

rexbo

College President

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

Mosley seemed more confident but the real issue with our offense is the young OL. The RB's are just not getting decent holes at least half the plays.

#7 DCWarEagle

DCWarEagle

3rd Generation Auburn Tiger

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

This was a really big win for us!  With the loss last week and a really tough game against LSU next week, we really needed it.  

Both teams struggled, but we pulled through.  Mosely looked decent and the D has looked so much better the last three weeks than it did at the beginning of the season.  I think we are still on pace for a decent season this year and then to make some real noise next year!

#8 vatz22au

vatz22au

Royal Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Clint was 4-6 in the 3rd quarter for 90 yards.  Nice to see.  Although I have highly doubted Gus's play calling this year (we must run 99% of the time on 1st down) a quarterback at some point needs to step in and complete passes.  It's that simple.  

Our defense looked great.  They continue to grow with each game and play with a chip on their shoulder.  Scary thought we get these guys back next year.

WDE  :au:
Posted Image

#9 AuMarine

AuMarine

SEC Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

The defense played a great game. I am glad Mosely got in the game at least when he had incompletions, there was a receiver in the area and you knew where he was throwing it. Can we please try and throw the ball on first down next week.. PLEASE. Great Game. WDE

#10 BamaGrad03

BamaGrad03

Kool-Aid Drinker

• Verified Member
  • 19,561 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Will Clint get the start next week?

Second question, if he can prove more effective in the passing game, does it open things up for Dyer?
"Every time I'm in Tuscaloosa, I'm reminded of what a gorgeous campus Alabama has. It truly is one of those places that looks like a postcard." -- ESPN writer Chris Low

#11 gotigers

gotigers

Pitmaster Extraordinaire

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

View PostBamaGrad03, on 15 October 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

Will Clint get the start next week?

Second question, if he can prove more effective in the passing game, does it open things up for Dyer?

Yes and yes. At least in my opinion, which doesn't count.

Edited by gotigers, 15 October 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#12 metafour

metafour

ALPHA & OMEGA

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

View Postrexbo, on 15 October 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

Mosley seemed more confident but the real issue with our offense is the young OL. The RB's are just not getting decent holes at least half the plays.

You cant run the ball when you make zero attempt to pass in this offense when you have a QB that isn't a running threat.  The problem is the complete lack of faith in either Mosley/Trotter; our runs are telegraphed and very predictable, and teams will scheme to stop the run until we can open up the passing game.  Is it a surprise that the RBs look better when Frazier is playing option football? The line isn't blocking "better", what happens is that the defense also has to respect Frazier keeping the ball.

#13 AuMarine

AuMarine

SEC Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Finding a passing game will open up the run... Hopefully we found it with Mosley.

#14 bdc81

bdc81

Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Thought Chizik was spent listening to the post game interview.  This game was big,  2/3 in October when everyone had written the Tigers off.  Hopefully CM will improve at QB with experience.  How many of us would believe 5-2 after the Utah State game, win two SEC games with less than 20 points.  Keep coaching, keep playing, never loose faith.
It was a great week to be an Auburn Tiger.  Give thanks tomorrow that your momma and daddy cared more about their family than anything else.  I'm going to recelebrate the 2010 NC tonite.

Little Doc

PS  Purple shirts and yellow britches,   ........................!

#15 Clint

Clint

SEC Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Florida can not beat us! They're record is now 8-27 in Jordan-Hare. Auburn ALWAYS steps it up against Florida! WAR EAGLE!!
I believe in Auburn, and love it!

Check out my Auburn Uniforms blog at www.auburnunifors.blogspot.com!

#16 tgr4lfe

tgr4lfe

Bleeding blue and orange

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

View Postmetafour, on 15 October 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

You cant run the ball when you make zero attempt to pass in this offense when you have a QB that isn't a running threat.  The problem is the complete lack of faith in either Mosley/Trotter; our runs are telegraphed and very predictable, and teams will scheme to stop the run until we can open up the passing game.  Is it a surprise that the RBs look better when Frazier is playing option football? The line isn't blocking "better", what happens is that the defense also has to respect Frazier keeping the ball.
Yup, and the passing game does the same thing to open it up.  DBs are not going to come up as hard for run support if there is that passing threat, add the run threat from the QB, then the LBs have to respect the option plays as the QB running.  It makes our offense much, much more effective and potent to have that threat at the QB to run.

#17 Vakikass

Vakikass

Asst Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Lack of decent holes can probably partially be attributed to the one-dimensional aspect of our offense.  Some passing will get some of these guys out of the box.

#18 InDyerNeed

InDyerNeed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

i trust chizik now to know what he needs out of his team both offensively and defensively to win games that could be lost by all of the young players inexperience.

#19 weagl1

weagl1

Tenured Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

That was about as ugly as it gets, but a win is a win.  The muffed punts by the FL returners were the key to the game.  I think Gus was calling a really conservative game because the coaching staff knew FL was going to have trouble moving the ball.  Mosely at least looks a little confident back there while Trotter has clearly lost his confidence and I don't see much use in putting him back on the field.  Frazier continues to look good running the ball and when he gets confident in his passing he is going to bring a whole new dimension to the offense.  

Defense is looking better but FL was very limited with their QB out. It will be interesting to see how they look againist LSU next week.

#20 BamaGrad03

BamaGrad03

Kool-Aid Drinker

• Verified Member
  • 19,561 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

View Postweagl1, on 15 October 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

That was about as ugly as it gets, but a win is a win.
At the end of that day though, isn't this all that matters? It's a W.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users