AU v. FL post-game thread

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 TexasTiger

TexasTiger

Fighting for truth, justice and the American way.

• MOD
  • 18,648 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

:au: 17
:uf: 6

WDE!

"Uh, I'm actually going to to, I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was. And with regards to, uh, I'll go back and take at what was said there." Mitt Romney

#2 Chatt_Tiger

Chatt_Tiger
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

WDE

#3 CJ Bas

CJ Bas

Asst Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Playing Mosely was obviously a good move but we still need to grow a much better offense.  If all we're going to do on 1st down is give it to Dyer up the middle we'll always be looking at 2nd and 8 at best.

#4 wareagle12

wareagle12

AU Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Any word on whether DGB still showed up for the game or not?

#5 BamaGrad03

BamaGrad03

Kool-Aid Drinker

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,432 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'm honestly surprised Mosley hasn't played sooner. That boy can spin a football.

Really good play to Lutz in the 3rd.
"Every time I'm in Tuscaloosa, I'm reminded of what a gorgeous campus Alabama has. It truly is one of those places that looks like a postcard." -- ESPN writer Chris Low

#6 rexbo

rexbo

College President

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

Mosley seemed more confident but the real issue with our offense is the young OL. The RB's are just not getting decent holes at least half the plays.

#7 DCWarEagle

DCWarEagle

3rd Generation Auburn Tiger

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

This was a really big win for us!  With the loss last week and a really tough game against LSU next week, we really needed it.  

Both teams struggled, but we pulled through.  Mosely looked decent and the D has looked so much better the last three weeks than it did at the beginning of the season.  I think we are still on pace for a decent season this year and then to make some real noise next year!

#8 vatz22au

vatz22au

Royal Rogue Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Clint was 4-6 in the 3rd quarter for 90 yards.  Nice to see.  Although I have highly doubted Gus's play calling this year (we must run 99% of the time on 1st down) a quarterback at some point needs to step in and complete passes.  It's that simple.  

Our defense looked great.  They continue to grow with each game and play with a chip on their shoulder.  Scary thought we get these guys back next year.

WDE  :au:
Posted Image

#9 AuMarine

AuMarine

SEC Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

The defense played a great game. I am glad Mosely got in the game at least when he had incompletions, there was a receiver in the area and you knew where he was throwing it. Can we please try and throw the ball on first down next week.. PLEASE. Great Game. WDE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users