Auburn v. LSU post-game thread

TexasTiger

Well, we played a good quarter and a half. The end of the second quarter and the entire third quarter were brutal. Our D held up for a while. Hopefully we can regroup and take care of Ole Miss. They gave the Pigs a good game today.

WDE

Stupid Penalties killed us, it really opened the flood gates and then it was over. Here's how I see the rest of our season shaking out.

vs Ole Miss: W 37-20

vs Pushover U: W 109573-0

at UGA: W (Maybe) 24-20

vs Alabama: L 35-24 *Pukes in mouth*

Bowl Game: Chick-Fil-A Bowl vs Florida State

Stupid Penalties killed us, it really opened the flood gates and then it was over. Here's how I see the rest of our season shaking out.

Fairly certain, even without the penalties we'd have stunk it up.

Secondary getting beaten on the same pass twice was terrible.

We were playing like a young team stepping into Death Valley. I expected a loss, but not one that bad

Momma told me there'd be days like this...

War Eagle, anyway.

Bob in Winter Haven, FL

P.S. to any players reading:

I am proud of you and of being associated with you. You are good, but young and inexperienced teams sometimes get throttled.

We didn't do anything too terrible outside of too many PF penalties...we just got our asses handed to us by the top team in the land. WDE!

The only reason a loss like this sucks as bad as it does is because we've seen such enormous success throughout the history of this program that this just doesn't happen. So, let's be grateful that this is a rare feeling for us, War Eagle!

Last time we lost this bad was to bama in 2008 if I'm not mistaken.

At least back then we might have had a legitimate excuse.

We don't need excuses. We were outplayed by better athletes today. But once these guys grow up a bit we aren't likely to be outplayed much in the next two years. We lost to the #1 team in the country and guess what, every other team in the country is likely to lose to them as well, hence the #1 ranking. Calm down a bit.

Last time we lost this bad was to bama in 2008 if I'm not mistaken.

At least back then we might have had a legitimate excuse.

Did we have more starters injured and fewer upperclassmen in 2008? I can't remember.

I can't just put it on lack of experience or uppercalssmen. I thought we go outcoached a bit too. We know what we have by now, and it seems we are still trying to do certain things we are not capable of doing. For a time there, I thought they were reading our offensive play calling (maybe those cards and numbers). Certainly not th reason we lost, buon the pick six, that guy faked in then ran straight to the pass. We had this issue for a period last year, didn't we?

1319324991[/url]' post='773870']
1319324806[/url]' post='773866']

Fairly certain, even without the penalties we'd have stunk it up.

Secondary getting beaten on the same pass twice was terrible.

We were playing like a young team stepping into Death Valley. I expected a loss, but not one that bad

I don't know about continuing to stink it up, But I think it would have been a different game. A 10-7 type score at halftime would have been manageable. Like we've said, the penalties set the defense on their heels, then coverage broke down. Probably still get beat, just not that bad.

I can't just put it on lack of experience or uppercalssmen. I thought we go outcoached a bit too. We know what we have by now, and it seems we are still trying to do certain things we are not capable of doing. For a time there, I thought they were reading our offensive play calling (maybe those cards and numbers). Certainly not th reason we lost, buon the pick six, that guy faked in then ran straight to the pass. We had this issue for a period last year, didn't we?

I don't think coaching schemes had much to do with today. We just got beat by a deeper, stronger more experienced team on the road. It's easy to look like you know the plays when you're winning the battle at the line of scrimmage against our inexperienced offensive line.

Nothing to do but suck it up, learn from it and get better so next year it's our turn.

Not sure about the rest of you but I didn't expect to get blown out of the water like we did. Missed blocks on the line definitely hurt us. One that comes to mind is in the first half when Moseley ran a play action and one of the linemen was supposed to swing around and pick up the block from the other side... totally missed the guy.

The penalties didn't help either. I did think we would lose.. but this is just a poor performance all around.

Momma told me there'd be days like this...

War Eagle, anyway.

Bob in Winter Haven, FL

P.S. to any players reading:

I am proud of you and of being associated with you. You are good, but young and inexperienced teams sometimes get throttled.

If any players are reading I hope they realize that a loss is a loss and we will always love and support them even if they lose 350-0.

I don't mean to say that we have no other issues, but I do believe that our biggest issue is still youth. Young teams are inconsistent. That goes for offensive line groups, defensive line groups, and everyone. It's one reason why things seem to just fall apart when we play better teams.

Yeah, nothing but love for our players. Sometimes $*** happens, it's what you do from here that defines you. Keep your heads up, gather your swagger back, and give it your all this week...................sometimes that's all we can do.

I think we just got beat by the eventual national champion today. Our best case scenario from here is 9-3. I think this is still possible. Any game besides the Iron Bowl is definitely doable from here on out, and even the updykes have shown some weaknesses tonight. Our team can go nowhere but up from here.

The reason we got hit so hard on some kickoff returns was because guys that had a chance to block somebody failed to do so. They just sort of flagged at tacklers as they stormed past.

Couldn't help but compare Ole Miss' play calling with ours, with the games coming back to back on TV. Ours was rather pathetic, and it isn't all the opponent. If you must, go back and look at our offense last week vs Arky and OM's vs Arky today.

Right now, our offense is way behind the offense of the team (Ole Miss) everybody considers to be the SEC doormat this year. We're worse now than we were opening day. You would expect a "young team" to get better as the season progresses. Our defense has steadily improved, but the offense continues to go backward.

Archived