RunInRed

War Eagle!

• ADMIN
  • 25,535 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

:au: 14
:ua: 42

Vent.  Go. :)
Support our Sponsors -- Please show your appreciation to our sponsors by visiting their websites or establishments and patronizing them when they can be of service to you. Thank you in advance for your support. War Eagle!

#2 jw 4 au

jw 4 au

Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Things that make you go hmmm... We scored more on them than the No. 1 team in the country, BUT our offense did not score a point.
WAR EAGLE!!!

#3 banditmwp

banditmwp

Dept Head

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Defense showed up at first, till they realized YET AGAIN that the offense was going to give them zero support.  

I see all these threads calling for CTR's head on a platter but CGM apparently gets a bye on the "inexperience" card.

Plus eleventy billion for special teams, though...that was the high point of the day.

Edited by banditmwp, 26 November 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#4 kellyaub90

kellyaub90

Trainer

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

The game went pretty much as I expected, and pretty much the same as our other blow-out losses.  We make a mistake or turnover and it's over just that quick. We were in the game until the pick-6 and then it was over.  Not blaming Clint, just saying.  It's frustrating that only a few short months ago we were at the pinnacle and today feels pretty low.  All we can do is build for the future.

#5 rexbo

rexbo

College President

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Our head coach has some work to do; there was little to no improvement on offense and defense all season.  In hindsight, Malzahn should have just taken KF and gotten a season's experience out of him.

#6 BZ770

BZ770

ALUM 2000

• Verified Member
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

As I stated in the game thread I deactivated my Facebook account. It actually felt pretty good.  We have work to do. I hope we can win the bowl game.

#7 madkat7

madkat7

SEC Head Coach

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Can't say I'm surprised by the score. I am surprised at how ineffective the offense was. It seems like the 2nd half of the Clemson game our "O" vanished from the face of the earth. The defense had some decent stops tonight, but the O did them absolutely no favors. If CGM leaves for NC, I can't say that I'll be too terribly sad. It seems like his offensive scheming has become it's own worst enemy and rather predictable. I would have loved to see some hard hitting running instead of all the finesse dancing around.  

Good news is, I'm still an Auburn Tiger and not a turd!

WDE!!!!! It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

#8 banditmwp

banditmwp

Dept Head

• Verified Member
  • 2,768 posts

I'm still having some trouble understanding why a 1,000 yard running back only touches the ball 13 times in the biggest game of the year.  Can someone offer to shed some light on this for me since I just can't seem to wrap my head around it?

#9 GaTigerFan

GaTigerFan

Asst Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Wondering.... "What If" we had signed Russell Wilson.... would we still have a 7-5 record?  I can't help but think he would've made a difference in talent and leadership for this inexperienced team.  We will get better.  Not sure what our future is right now at QB....
"I believe in Auburn, and Love It!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users