***Iron Bowl - Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things that make you go hmmm... We scored more on them than the No. 1 team in the country, BUT our offense did not score a point.

Defense showed up at first, till they realized YET AGAIN that the offense was going to give them zero support.

I see all these threads calling for CTR's head on a platter but CGM apparently gets a bye on the "inexperience" card.

Plus eleventy billion for special teams, though...that was the high point of the day.

The game went pretty much as I expected, and pretty much the same as our other blow-out losses. We make a mistake or turnover and it's over just that quick. We were in the game until the pick-6 and then it was over. Not blaming Clint, just saying. It's frustrating that only a few short months ago we were at the pinnacle and today feels pretty low. All we can do is build for the future.

Our head coach has some work to do; there was little to no improvement on offense and defense all season. In hindsight, Malzahn should have just taken KF and gotten a season's experience out of him.

As I stated in the game thread I deactivated my Facebook account. It actually felt pretty good. We have work to do. I hope we can win the bowl game.

Can't say I'm surprised by the score. I am surprised at how ineffective the offense was. It seems like the 2nd half of the Clemson game our "O" vanished from the face of the earth. The defense had some decent stops tonight, but the O did them absolutely no favors. If CGM leaves for NC, I can't say that I'll be too terribly sad. It seems like his offensive scheming has become it's own worst enemy and rather predictable. I would have loved to see some hard hitting running instead of all the finesse dancing around.

Good news is, I'm still an Auburn Tiger and not a turd!

WDE!!!!! It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

I'm still having some trouble understanding why a 1,000 yard running back only touches the ball 13 times in the biggest game of the year. Can someone offer to shed some light on this for me since I just can't seem to wrap my head around it?

Wondering.... "What If" we had signed Russell Wilson.... would we still have a 7-5 record? I can't help but think he would've made a difference in talent and leadership for this inexperienced team. We will get better. Not sure what our future is right now at QB....

Our head coach has some work to do; there was little to no improvement on offense and defense all season. In hindsight, Malzahn should have just taken KF and gotten a season's experience out of him.

I agree 100%... If he was not gonna red shirt - at least he would've gained some good experience by playing more.

Defense showed up at first, till they realized YET AGAIN that the offense was going to give them zero support.

I see all these threads calling for CTR's head on a platter but CGM apparently gets a bye on the "inexperience" card.

Plus eleventy billion for special teams, though...that was the high point of the day.

not me - i say put gus on the next bus to chapel hill. i am tired of this high school gimmick offense. the sec d coordinators have broke the code.

As I stated in the game thread I deactivated my Facebook account. It actually felt pretty good. We have work to do. I hope we can win the bowl game.

I guess I'm pretty lucky; the true 'Bama fans I have as friends, ones that actually attended the University, are always respectful and really never post anything negative. The Updyke one's, that probably have never come within 100 miles of Tuscaloosa, I can easily ignore with just a small amount of pity as I scroll on past their redneck posts...

I don't see malzahn or roof sticking around much longer. CGM will probably depart for an HC job and roof will be fired. Thigpen's job may be on the line.

As for the game, meh. Defense showed up in the 3rd quarter. Offense sputtered as it has all season.

Can't say I'm not surprised by the outcome. I'm not angry or upset. It wont drive me to domestic violence or destroying whatever UAT holds dear to them.

Complacent with the 7-5 regular season record.

This team has a ways to go yet.

not me - i say put gus on the next bus to chapel hill. i am tired of this high school gimmick offense. the sec d coordinators have broke the code.

Yep... Cam made Gus look like a genius. Its obvious you need a talented QB to run that offense.

When Vern and Todd both knew the play was coming it was pretty evident we are sold out on our offense. Boy would I love to have seen some under center option tonight.

Yep... Cam made Gus look like a genius. Its obvious you need a talented QB to run that offense.

You need a qb that at least is a threat with the run. That is why its so maddening that we did not put Frazier in full time once we got bowl eligible

It was nice and refreshing to see the players for both teams on the field shaking hands, hugging and having good sportsmanship win or lose. We have a lot of fans that could learn from the maturity on the field.

7-5 was a good rebuilding year for a young AU team. Good luck until next years Iron Bowl!

Ready to see a new defensive coordinator. While they did better later in the game they just handed them two touchdowns with people that were wide freaking open. Three years of just busts and....arrrg. I have finally lost my patience with that.

Gus gets another year due to the offensive line. If it doesn't get better next year, well then it was all Cam or he just can't adjust now that others have adjusted to him. These guys just don't have the strength and experience to compete with a average defensive line. Think that is a major reason our offense looks out of sync and Gus is trying things left and right. Cause nothing works without blocking. Though I am tired of some of the cuteness that goes on with our offense and would like to see a just line up in the I and run the ball in some of those short yard situations. Least then we would only lose 1 yard vs 5-6 yards.

I knew we were young, and knew we were going to struggle. But man, its like we have just started going backwards and do more damage to ourselves than opposing teams do. The L's don't bother me, its the fact that we just imploded and got blown out every time.

I do wish we would of stop all the rotating QB stuff and just red shirted Frazier and let him earn it in the spring or just sold out on him and took the lumps this season. I appreciate all the work and effort Mosely and Trotter put in and know they tried their best, but they just are not at this level. Though in their defense neither is out offensive line.

Hopefully we learn more about ourselves with the extra time we will have for bowl prep.

It was nice and refreshing to see the players for both teams on the field shaking hands, hugging and having good sportsmanship win or lose. We have a lot of fans that could learn from the maturity on the field.

7-5 was a good rebuilding year for a young AU team. Good luck until next years Iron Bowl!

I agree. Nice post.

I knew we were young, and knew we were going to struggle. But man, its like we have just started going backwards and do more damage to ourselves than opposing teams do. The L's don't bother me, its the fact that we just imploded and got blown out every time.

100% agreed. Young teams play poorly at times. Well-coached and prepared young teams get better as the year progresses. I just didn't see any improvement through the season, and in fact it looked like a few steps back (granted we hit the meat of our schedule in the second half of the year, but I'd be hard pressed to see any point of improvement)

Still Great to be an Auburn Tiger, and I'm always with the team 100%, but days like today just make me shake my head a bit. We'll get better.

Classy post Rev.....thanks

Well said Rev

Thanks. A little more rebuilding that most of us wanted to see, but this team will only get better.

(Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, BamaGrad used to have posts like this...)

It's time for someone to call it like it is. :blink:

You can't claim "young & inexperienced" in the 12th game.

CGM is no offensive genius. He had great talent last year. That got us through. With lesser talent, it completely fell apart.

CTR is not the man to lead us to a great defense in the SEC.

You can't fire all the player, so you have to make changes at the top. CGC needs to clean house a little bit. I think he's a very good recruiter, and I admire his passion and enthusiasm, but it's time to make some changes to his staff.

This was a wholly embarrassing performance. They looked like they were completely unprepared, and their minds were not in the game at all. The game was lost before it even started. The players, coaches and staff should all hang their heads in shame.

I watched every game this year. Early on, I saw flashes of brilliance, but we seemed to get worse as the year went on, especially on offense. The defense was awesome in one game, then they didn't even get to the stadium in the next. The inconsistency killed us. If you think back to last year, we had the same problem on defense. We barely scraped by in some games that should have been blowouts. 7-5 is a pretty decent record, but, in all honesty, from what I saw this year, it really should have been 5-7 or even 4-8.

Just my opinions. I still love Auburn and will support them come what may, but I felt like someone needed to show a spotlight on some things.

Archived