I'm in utter shock tonight. Praying for all who were impacted by this senseless act tonight. Never met these young men, but they were Auburn men...that's FAMILY to me.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cannot imagine the families getting this news about their beloved sons. These were big guys who seem invincible in a sense, and to have their bright lights end like this breaks my heart. Im just speechless.

@myfoxal

Confirmed: 3 people are dead at Auburn apartment complex.

3 confirmed dead. 2 injured at hospital

Waiting on Chief Dawson to make a statement. We can't confirm if a shooter is or is not on custody. That will be my fist question.

@ewhitewtvm

Word is no statement until mid-to-late-morning. Front of complex was still lit with police cars as of a few minutes ago. Long night ahead.

@AUBlog

After reading the link, remember the shooting in Bham several years ago at an apartment complex, many were killed. My friend lived there as well as a friends son/wife/daughter and they were all able to get out of a lease.

Dana

Hearing they have one in custody.

@Brett_Jensen

Reports that one male in custody in Auburn shooting

Post on the reddit page says "4 assumed dead, one d.o.a." The 'assumed dead' comment has been questioned by other commenter. Anyone know what DOA means?

There was one dead on scene...Christian. 2 died at hospital, Phillips and 1 non-football player. Another victim is in critical condition and is moved to bham. Another victim was treated and released. Mack is admitted to Eamc and will be ok.

I've seen some RIP Eric. Others, like AJ Green, have only posted RIP Ed and 'DaDa'. Contrasting reports on Eric.

I've seen some RIP Eric. Others, like AJ Green, have only posted RIP Ed and 'DaDa'. Contrasting reports on Eric.

Ok I thought I had lost my mind... They said he was gonna make it and I have these tweets here saying rip and sending regrets to his family. They were some pretty high up football players is why I was kinda shocked. I know there is still alot of conflicting information. Guess we just need to wait. Feel so bad for their families. Sending prayers to all of them regardless.

Ok I thought I had lost my mind... They said he was gonna make it and I have these tweets here saying rip and sending regrets to his family. They were some pretty high up football players is why I was kinda shocked. I know there is still alot of conflicting information. Guess we just need to wait. Feel so bad for their families. Sending prayers to all of them regardless.

Unfortunatly, waiting (and praying) is all we can do. Sadly, but correctly, us, as fans, will know details (however much they wish to disclose) last. Pray, wait, and pray. All we can do...

Archived