2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

It wasn't in the recruiting section, I knew other people agreed with me but as you probably know sometimes it's the timing of your post and if you exchanged words with a couple of people like a week ago.....lol. It's all good though glad to see some people whose posts I actually respect agree with me

Yep!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson can run the ball pretty good. Won't see him run it much this year but he will run it some next year. He was running at the scrim I went to. He is going to surprise some teams next year.

Yep! Those saying he can't run the ball didn't see him play in high school. He can run it, he simply has not been asked to run it in AU games. (YET)

Please don't say you made any decisions on his ability from high school.....they will come for you, this is the SEC!

Let 'em come. I got Mikey's back on this one (I'll take Things I thought I'd never say for $1000 Alex) even though he does not need it. I watched JJ play 4 years at Carver and can tell you w/out a shadow of a doubt that he can run. It's a different still than Nick but will be affective in this offense.

By affective, do you mean we'll feel good about it ? ;)

By affective, do you mean we'll feel good about it ? ;)

lol. I always get confused when using affect and effect or their forms.

Generally speaking, you're more likely to get it right if you treat 'effect' as a noun and 'affect' as a verb (though it is possible to 'effect' an 'affect', it's less common). In terms of adjectives, something that works well is 'effective' -- think of your own nickname.

In terms of adjectives, something that works well is 'effective' -- think of your own nickname.

I don't get it.

It was a compliment and a mnemonic device, I believe. "e"llitor is "e"ffective. (And maybe "A"Ubritt "a"ffected your ability to remember which is which?)

Jason Smith's stats from Thursday night.

-15 of 20 passing, 75%, for 200 yards and 3 TD passes. 13 rushes for 47 yards and 1 TD. Longest rush was 10 yards. 1 Fumble

In terms of adjectives, something that works well is 'effective' -- think of your own nickname.

I don't get it.

I guess my tip wasn't very effective, then, E.

:gofig:

I understood all your post except the last part that IO quoted.

I don't get it.

:gofig:

Your nickname is 'E'. I thought that might be Effective as a way to help you remember when to use 'effective'.

I don't get it.

:gofig:/>

Your nickname is 'E'. I thought that might be Effective as a way to help you remember when to use 'effective'.

So, how would that help him differentiate between effective and affective?

I don't get it.

LINK

I don't get it.

LINK

Lol, I didn't realize I was interrupting a class. Carry on

Not really. Effect and it's alters require causality before it. I don't see causality in there or just flat out don't understand effective as an ajective. lol

Not really. Effect and it's alters require causality before it. I don't see causality in there or just flat out don't understand effective as an ajective. lol

LOL. Ok. But the adjective 'affective' is extremely rarely used. You'd be playing the odds and correct almost all the time if you just stuck with 'Effective' over 'affective'.

LOL. Ok. But the adjective 'affective' is extremely rarely used. You'd be playing the odds and correct almost all the time if you just stuck with 'Effective' over 'affective'.

That's all I needed to know! Thanks! :cheers:

That's all I needed to know! Thanks! :cheers:/>

Maybe next week we can talk about their, there, and they're.

<p>My wife is an English major and could help with this but she is a bammer and her explanations sometimes gets very confusing.<br />

<br />

Maybe this will help with the English lesson:</p>

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/affect-versus-effect

You two take it to PM. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
-b20583aade27acd4.JPG

Mississippi Gulf Coast quarterback Jason Smith accounted for four touchdowns, as the 4th-ranked Bulldogs smashed homestanding and 6th-ranked Jones 42-3 in a meeting of unbeatens Thursday night at Sim Cooley Field.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2014/09/juco_football_mississippi_gulf_7.html

Oh and this guy was there watching the action ...

Bya1qZsIUAATJkX.jpg

Archived