2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

Jason tossed 4 touchdowns last night in yet another impressive game . I'm seriously starting to wonder..

He will get a real shot but for 2015 and 2016 if JJ stays he will likely move to WR because it is highly likely we will need him more there. After JJ leaves I could see him in a battle with Sean, Q, and whoever we sign for the 2016 class.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason tossed 4 touchdowns last night in yet another impressive game . I'm seriously starting to wonder..

He will get a real shot but for 2015 and 2016 if JJ stays he will likely move to WR because it is highly likely we will need him more there. After JJ leaves I could see him in a battle with Sean, Q, and whoever we sign for the 2016 class.

Maybe Gus will give Jason a package in some games as well. Kinda like what Jeremy Johnson is doing this year. If Gus wants a Nick Marshall 2.0, I could see that happening.

Good thing is Jason RS'd and will have 3 to play 3 when he gets here. It will be a tough call when he gets here. Sure he could be a good QB, but maybe he can be great elsewhere. I look at Rudy Ford, and he could be toiling away trying to get carries in garbage time. Instead he is now our starting Safety, and looks to be headed for big things there. You never know...

Good thing is Jason RS'd and will have 3 to play 3 when he gets here. It will be a tough call when he gets here. Sure he could be a good QB, but maybe he can be great elsewhere. I look at Rudy Ford, and he could be toiling away trying to get carries in garbage time. Instead he is now our starting Safety, and looks to be headed for big things there. You never know...

AU might have made Ford a lot of money moving him. If he stays healthy he is going to have a Carlos Rogers type career.

I agree Dixie. Rudy looks super fast and catches up to people quickly and he is a sure tackler. The other thing kids need to realize now is that the NFL has really pushed the value of good Defensive backs upward, while other positions including Rudy's old position of RB have been devalued. Rudy may have increased his earnings potential in the NFL by moving to DB if he continues to improve and play aggressively.

Jason Smith limped off the filed in their game last night and did not return. Hopefully he will be OK. They have a great team and won 28-0.

• 2 weeks later...
On March 30 he was arrested and charged with marijuana possession and eluding police after an incident in Mobile. He pleaded not guilty on all charges and was scheduled for trial in Municipal Court on Aug. 7.

But according to Chief Assistant City Attorney Florence Kessler, neither Smith nor his attorney, Rick Williams, showed up for the trial, and a warrant was issued for Smith's arrest. When asked if officers plan on serving the warrant, perhaps at the Perkinston, Miss., campus where Smith attends school, Kessler said probably not.

Usually, such warrants are kept "on reserve," she said, and enforced primarily should someone be stopped for something like a traffic ticket.

http://www.al.com/ne...y_not_purs.html

Hardly suggests that there's a probability he won't make it to Auburn and be eligible.

On March 30 he was arrested and charged with marijuana possession and eluding police after an incident in Mobile. He pleaded not guilty on all charges and was scheduled for trial in Municipal Court on Aug. 7.

But according to Chief Assistant City Attorney Florence Kessler, neither Smith nor his attorney, Rick Williams, showed up for the trial, and a warrant was issued for Smith's arrest. When asked if officers plan on serving the warrant, perhaps at the Perkinston, Miss., campus where Smith attends school, Kessler said probably not.

Usually, such warrants are kept "on reserve," she said, and enforced primarily should someone be stopped for something like a traffic ticket.

http://www.al.com/ne...y_not_purs.html

Hardly suggests that there's a probability he won't make it to Auburn and be eligible.

Yep Gus was asked yesterday if he would sign a kid who had an arrest warrant. Gus basically said each situation like that is judged on a case by case basis. The reporter was clearly referring to Jason but did not say his name because Gus can not speak on recruits specifically.

A misdemeanor bench warrant is next to nothing. 0% chance he would get arrested even if he was pulled over in another state. Maybe if it happened in Mobile, but if they tried to serve every Misdemeanor FTA Warrant, every officer in the Mobile PD would be headed out to pick someone up, every single day.

Whatever reporter this is, obviously has an agenda. It's been 2-1/2 mos since this happened, I bet Jason has believed this to have been handled already. Either way, his lawyer can call and the warrant will be squashed. No biggie.

A misdemeanor bench warrant is next to nothing. 0% chance he would get arrested even if he was pulled over in another state. Maybe if it happened in Mobile, but if they tried to serve every Misdemeanor FTA Warrant, every officer in the Mobile PD would be headed out to pick someone up, every single day.

Whatever reporter this is, obviously has an agenda. It's been 2-1/2 mos since this happened, I bet Jason has believed this to have been handled already. Either way, his lawyer can call and the warrant will be squashed. No biggie.

It's Crepea, and yeah it's safe to say he and Gus don't get along.

Neither he NOR his lawyer showed up for trial? Something more to this story. Otherwise his lawyer is checking his malpractice insurance and bar status.

Man, he's still fired up about that Quarterback Club business, huh?

Man, he's still fired up about that Quarterback Club business, huh?

Apparently.

Could I get a PM or something about Gus and his relationship to the reporter you guys are talking about?

Yes, some info about that please. I can't see the subject needing a PM, but it would be nice to know what happened between Gus and Crepea. I used to read the Advertiser regularly when Jay G. Tate was their AU beat writer, but somehow Crepea didn't do anything for me and after giving him a little time I stopped visiting the site.

Could I get a PM or something about Gus and his relationship to the reporter you guys are talking about?

Yes, some info about that please. I can't see the subject needing a PM, but it would be nice to know what happened between Gus and Crepea. I used to read the Advertiser regularly when Jay G. Tate was their AU beat writer, but somehow Crepea didn't do anything for me and after giving him a little time I stopped visiting the site.

agree...think it might be more than Gus....I checked him for a while and he was kind of snaky toward AU IMO and I saw no reason to read his views and haven't been back in quite a while.....enough of the same stuff on al.com.

It does not need a PM. Crepea got butt hurt when Gus did not allow him to be in attendance when Gus spoke to the Montgomery QB Club about a month ago. Since then Crepea has published at least 3 articles taking jabs at Gus in 1 form or another and asked numerous agenda questions at Gus's press conferences since.

It does not need a PM. Crepea got butt hurt when Gus did not allow him to be in attendance when Gus spoke to the Montgomery QB Club about a month ago. Since then Crepea has published at least 3 articles taking jabs at Gus in 1 form or another and asked numerous agenda questions at Gus's press conferences since.

Ok, thanks. A pissant like Crepea can cause more trouble than one would think but Gus is on solid ground with AU folks so I don't see a big problem.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I missed it discussed somewhere else, but isn't the number 7 retired? I noticed in the picture on the homepage Jason is wearing a new number 7 jersey. I'm guessing we just have all the numbers as extras for recruits to take pics in but not actually receive right?

Archived