Verified Member
  • Last visited

About JWShewmake

• Birthday 03/01/1951

Profile Information

• Interests
    Classic Car Restoration

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

JWShewmake's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• Very Popular Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. If you are wondering why James was not in position to make a play, go look at the full game video of that play. You will find that the AL player pushed off on James so hard that it turned James toward the goal line and he did not have position to defend against the pass. Do not look at any of the videos that are posted by AL fans as they don't start their recording until after the push. Danielson started to mention it from the booth and Freeze mentioned it in the post game press conference. Watch out in the SEC Championship game because AL will get some help from the officials. There are millions riding on whether both AL and GA get into the playoffs. The only chance of that happening is if AL beats GA. Hide and watch.
  2. You guys are the same folks who wanted Tub gone, who wanted Chizik gone, who wanted Gus gone and who wanted Nix gone and now you want Harsin gone. You don't know how to build anything. You just know how to tear it down. You likely may not be Auburn fans at all and are just posers. I would suggest that you go support another football team. You obviously will never be happy with anything so I invite you to become Alabama fans and leave us alone. JWShewmake
  3. Most of this if fake news. We have overwhelming data that players improve, 99% of Auburn fans are united on this. You have not data; you have opinions that you are expressing as data. This is a bunch of made up, fact-less, baseless goop. You guys keep bringing in names of coaches that you would like to see hired. Those coaches won't be hired because the basic requirement is that they will allow themselves to be controlled. It took years to remove Lowder's tentacles from the football program. Most of you guys were in diapers when that was happening so it is understandable that you don't know. If Kevin Steele is our next head coach then you will know I was right. If it is not Steele then it will be someone who doesn't mind getting his orders from a BOT Member. These people don't care about the Auburn Football program except to the extent they can show their power. Hide and watch.
  4. I thought the people who participated in this site knew something about football. Who in their right mind would be calling for Harsin to be fired when the problem is clearly a lack of players on the offensive and defensive lines. Those players were recruited by Gus and they are all we have got. It does not matter who plays quarterback or running back if the opposing defense is always in our backfield to tackle, pressure or sack. To blame Harsin for the same reasons Gus was fired is not only wrong, it shows a total lack of understanding of the game. You may not like Harsin because he is not part of the good ole boy network, but that is no reason not to give the man a chance to succeed. You are playing right into the hands of the sports reporters and sports editorialists who would love to see Auburn's program destroyed because most of them are Alabama graduates. Sometimes you get what you wish for and if you do, the Auburn program will be setback another five or six years. Let's show some class after all you are supposed to be Auburn fans. JWShewmake
  5. For those of you who don't understand what the Creed has to do with this situation, I can't help you. Had you gone to Auburn and paid attention, you would know. Even if you don't live by the Auburn Creed, you should know about the concept of fairness. Blaming Harsin because we do not have enough players to be competitive is like blaming a gun for gun violence. I am sure many of you filled this board with vitriol calling for Gus to be fired for what you felt was a good reason. What you saw on Saturday is exactly what Gus' team would have looked like were he still at Auburn. Most of the players on the field were recruited by him. New coaches are usually given five years to build their teams. Also, for those of you who believe my mention of boosters and Board of Trustee members meddling in the football program is a conspiracy theory, remember jetgate where boosters flew to a small airport outside Louisville, KY on a plane owned by then BOT member Lowder to meet with Bobby Patrino the week before the Auburn Alabama game. Tommy Tuberville was still our head coach and we beat Alabama and this group of boosters looked like fools. This stuff has always gone on at Auburn and it is time for it to stop. I have a letter going to President Roberts and each member of the Board of Trustees reminding them of their fiduciary duties to Auburn University and suggesting that if anyone has been associated in any way with the efforts, both covert or otherwise to get rid of Coach Harsin, they should tender their resignation immediately. Auburn Athletics will never be all it can be until we demand a stop to the meddling. Alabama had the same problems with Bear Bryant, Jr. until they finally saw the light and got him off their board. The Auburn family needs to hold the President and the Board of Trustees accountable.
  6. It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni. Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness. All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face. The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving. Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired. No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team. It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us. I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?' Well who you are you going to get? Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years. And while you are at it, play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,