Upon Further Review - Texas A&M 2013
- The second quarter continues to be a weak spot for the Auburn offense, when converting third-downs. The Tigers have converted 58.3% in the first, 40.9% in the third and 50.0% in the fourth. Auburn has converted only28.6% during the second period through 7 games.
- Through 7 games Auburn's opponent has converted only 8 of 43 third-down situations of at least 10-yards.
- Auburn has allowed 21 plays of 30-yards or more this season, with 17 coming via the passing game.
- The Auburn offense has generated 23 plays of 30-yards or more with 10 rushing and 13 passing.
- TAMU averaged 8.5 yards per snap during the first half and 6.4 during the second half.
- Of Auburn's 66 impact plays (15-yds+) gained on offense, 37 have come on the ground and 29 through the air. Of the 53 allowed on defense, 36 have come passing and 17 on the ground.
Nick Marshall is currently averaging 189.7 yards passing and 64.7 yards rushing per game.
Tre Mason is on pace to rush for nearly 1300-yards in a 13-game season.
- Auburn's 3-headed monster at RB is currently averaging 212.3 yards per game on 6.9 yards per carry.
- Of Auburn's offensive possessions, only 8.5% have started on the opponent's side of the field. This continues to be an area Auburn needs to improve on.
- Auburn's top-4 most targeted players in the pass-offense are Sammie Coates (37), Ricardo Louis (31), Marcus Davis (21) and Quan Bray (20).
- Auburn has scored on 90% of their red zone possessions, including 69% TD's. The opponent has scored on 72% and 44% TD's.
- The 2010 Auburn run-offense averaged 283.7 YPG on 5.96 yards per rush through 7 games. The 2013 Auburn running game is currently averaging 300.4 YPG on 6.29 yards per carry. Auburn sure could use Cam Newton right now!
Tre Mason and Cameron Artis-Payne have not been tackled for a loss during their last combined 143 carries.
- During the last 3 games the Auburn defense has allowed 2.94 yards per rush during the first half and 3.08 yards during the second half.
- During Auburn's 39 scoring drives through 7 games, 69.9 percent of the plays have been run plays. The first 19 scoring drives resulted in 12 TD's and 7 FG's. The last 20 drives have been 18 TD's and only 2 FG's.
- The Auburn offense went 7 of 8 in short-yardage situations of 2-yards or less against the Aggies. Auburn gained a total of 164-yards during those 8 short-yardage plays.
- Last season through 7 games the Auburn DL was responsible for 19.4% of the team's tackles. This season it has improved to 30.3%.
- During Auburn's last 3 games, the Tigers have averaged 390.7 yards rushing, while allowing 107.7 yards rushing to their opponent.
- During Auburn's 39 scoring drives this season, 18 have been aided by at least 1 play of 30-yards or more.
- Through 7 games this season a forced Auburn turnover has been worth 4.2 points, while an Auburn turnover has been worth only .8 points for the opponent.