I started to create my own thread but I saw this and decided to tag on my thoughts here.
1) The east is least. Currently the SEC east is horribly down. The problem being Georgia is on the rise. Florida is a mess and just got a new coach. Tennessee is a four alarm dumpster fire with no coach yet. Missouri might be in an even worse situation their enrollment is so far down they rent our dorm rooms for football weekends. Vandy is Vandy and Kentucky is a basketball school. South Carolina is improving but still is far behind Georgia.
2) Schedule/Rivalry week does us no favors turning the SEC championship into an automatic away game especially if it is against Georgia. Georgia plays Georgia Tech; South Carolina plays Clemson, Florida plays Florida State all have no SEC championship implications. Meaning that the East is decided prior to the Game that continues to decide who goes from the West... The Iron Bowl.
2) a) I know that the SEC championship is supposed to be a neutral site game but the example that was shown to us this weekend showed at best 60/40 Georgia..
3) Schedule schedule schedule.... We turn Amen corner with Georgia, a directional school and Alabama. If we win we get to go to an essentially an away game. Georgia is loading up now after they play us each year the play a patsy and a rival that's a patsy.
3) a) We saw an example of the road that we will face every year. It appears Georgia will be a top 10/top 5 team every year when we face them. Our last four games we #1, a patsy, #2 and #6. Simply said we need the east to get better and give Georgia problems if we want to make it into the playoffs.
4) Schedule again... We every other year we will play Georgia and Alabama on the road...