Where does this past week’s game rank on your list?
1. 2018 Tennessee - maybe one of the worst losses in Auburn history. Tennessee’s had been 0-11 in their previous 11 SEC games. Jeremy Pruitt’s first signature win came against Gus Malzahn.
2. 2014 Texas A&M - this loss took away the largest amount of Gus’ mojo. Two inexcusable 4th quarter fumbles stopped potential game winning drives. We spiraled out of control to end the year, and Gus hasn’t been the same since.
3. 2016 Georgia - Gus decided to go with an injured Sean White. We scored on the opening drive, and then let Georgia beat us without the leg-jumpers having to even score an offensive touchdown thanks to a Sean White Pick 6. Total offensive ineptitude after the opening drive. 164 yards of total offense. Kirby Smart gets his first victory over Gus Malzahn in the rivalry.
4. Florida -Yes, we were playing a top 10 opponent in the Swamp with a true freshman QB, but we had EVERY opportunity to win this game. 3 forced fumbles in the 1st quarter only turned into 6 points. We tripped over our own feet twice when there was no one between us and the end zone which resulted in 0 points on both drives. Just when you think Gus has turned the corner, he delivers a terrible game-planning / play-calling performance while showing no ability to make in-game adjustments. He just can’t seem to win the “ugly” games that he needs to win.
5. 2017 LSU - Up 20-0 in Baton Rouge, we allow a pedestrian LSU offense come back and beat us when we were dominating that game. This was a prime example of Gus taking his foot off the gas. He continued to run Kerryon Johnson up the middle on 1st down with no 2nd half adjustments.
6. 2017 Clemson - Stidham was sacked 11 times and Auburn had 117 yards of total offense. Another example of Gus’ inability to adjust in-game. We had every opportunity to defeat the defending national champs on their home field, but Gus has yet to defeat Dabo as a head coach.
7. 2015 Georgia - Mark Richt’s last year. His coaches had been fighting internally all week. Auburn had just dominated Texas A&M the week before in College Station and now had UGA at home. Another example of zero halftime adjustments as Jeremy Pruitt locked down his offense in the 2nd half. Gus tried to play an injured Sean White in the 2nd half to no avail.
8. 2016 Clemson - Total cluster on offense with a QB carousel that would have made Spurrier scratch his head. Another lost opportunity for Gus to defeat Dabo and get a signature win against the eventual national champions.
9. 2018 Mississippi State - Allowed MSU to run it right up the middle for 350+ yards when we knew that’s what they were going to do. Fitzgerald passed for 69 yards and they still beat us by double digits.
10. Central Florida - After defeating #1 Georgia, #1 Alabama and signing our coach to a 7 year, 49 million dollar deal, Gus lays an egg against a far inferior opponent. Auburn fans are forced to watch in anger, humiliation, and frustration as our two biggest rivals play for the National Championship.
2013 National Championship Game vs FSU
2017 SEC Championship Game vs UGA
2015 Mississippi State
2014 Bowl Game vs Wisconsin