I’m going to cheat a little to include an extra team (the 2009-10 Auburn Tigers).
1. 2010-11 Auburn / Undefeated National Championship with a Heisman winner and some of the most thrilling games I’ve ever seen in person. If we had an average defense we would have been one of the most dominant teams in the history of college football. Damn was that defense opportunistic though!
2. 2013-14 Auburn / Honestly, with the miracles and everything else that went into this season it almost tops the above team. Unfortunately, we took our foot off the gas and let the Creminoles have a NC. Still, Nick Marshall is the second best quarterback Auburn has ever seen and people need to start respecting that!
3. 2019-20 Auburn / with the Minnesota game still to play this season could slide down a peg or two. Still, this is one of the biggest “what-if” seasons I can remember. We’re a few plays away from being undefeated in the playoffs with a freshman quarterback. One of the best defenses we’ve seen since 2004 and one of the grittiest teams we’ve had.
4. 2017-18 Auburn / ten wins but filled with disappointing moments and lackluster performances (UCF and UGA). Nothing was more disappointing than crushing the mutts and then letting them get us when it counted the most. Still, Stidham was fun and most of us didn’t realize just how much of a talent Kerryon Johnson was/is.
5. 2009-10 Auburn / bad losses coming against Kentucky and Arkansas but two scrappy performances against UGA and the Turds. The game against Northwestern was one of the most enjoyable bowl games I’ve been to and Ben Tate was a bammer.
6. 2016-17 Auburn / if we had an ounce of an offense this could have been a special year. Still, the defense was tremendous and we were in a lot of close games. We got hosed being paired with an Oklahoma we had no business playing but it was still a stout team.
7. 2018-19 Auburn / we lost to freaking Tennessee but the offense did show some life and the defense showed what we could expect. If we had an OL it could have been another ten win season easily.
8. 2014-15 Auburn / we murdered LSU and had some competitive losses. Nothing to write home about but not a complete failure of a season.
9. 2011-12 Auburn / 70th in points per game and 79th in points allowed. We weren’t particularly good at anything.
10. 2015-16 Auburn / we lost to Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Mississippi State in the same season. If not for an easier bowl game we likely have a losing season.
11. 2012-13 Auburn / our only D1 win was New Mexico State. Perfect example of a coach losing a team completely. We laid down and died against both UGA and Bama.
As Tigers I look forward to the ROARING 20’s