Sleep well tonight Auburn Fans

BurtonJ20

If the NCAA is satisfied AND if Auburn turned in State for making financial offers, State's defenses are going to be  1.  We didn't make an offer, he asked for money; and now the reason he is complaining to us is to punish miss state for turning him down.  The NCAA may have already decided that AU and the Newtons are good to go, but they have to let State make their case and if new info comes out, they will have to interview the Newtons again to be fair

If there is supposed to be a "and 2" before "The NCAA may..." (If you know what I mean) then I agree with you and I hope to hear it tomorrow.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that's been totally overlooked in the time line of all this....what was MSU dealing with from January to July?

They said it was another compliance issue that occupied all of their time. What was that compliance issue?.......that's right...the eligibility of a basketball player due to inpermissible benefits paid to said basketball player by a booster!

If they're (MSU boosters, not necissarily the athletic department) willing to pay for a basketball player....you don't think they'd pay for a player like Cam?

Here's my opinionated timeline...

1. Cam screws up his life at UF combined with Tebow coming back...Rev. Newton takes over the kids life and sends him to prison/Blinn JC to get back reality.

2. During 2nd recruitment, Cam wants to play for Mullen, whom he likes, respects and trusts. During recruitment, MSU boosters either a) try to scam other boosters for $ (Rogers theory) or B) feel they need to pay Cam offer Cecil $.  

3. Offer of $ scares/angers Rev Newton and they seriously and urgently start looking elsewhere.

4. Cecil DOES NOT shop his son either by himself or through an intermediary. 3 of the 4 schools recruiting Cam confirm this (AU, UT and OU)

5. Cam/Rev Newton choose Auburn.  Cam's tearful phone call about the $ being too much really means that MSU's offer of $ was too much. Rev Newton's comment of more than a scholarship meant a better academic support staff, better spiritual support, better family setting, better playing setting and better road to the NFL. Remember, Cam screwed up his 1st opportunity at UF...Rev Newton was NOT going to let that happen again and the offer of $ from MSU spoke volumes. The "rented mule" comment meant just that....rented with booster $  

6. MSU coaches upset and concerned about Cam going to Auburn. Take comments by Cam and Rev Newton out of context and start digging. They get some info from Bond and turn it into the SEC.

7. 6 months go by...NCAA gets involved and MSU cooperates. At the same time, the NCAA and SEC tell AU and we begin our own investigation. We find out about the offer of $ by MSU boosters and report it to the SEC and the NCAA.

8. NCAA doesn't investigate right away. When they start, about 6 weeks ago, MSU starts damage control and begins putting together a cover-up.

9. As AU and Cam explode to the top of the BCS...MSU attempts to get ahead of the crap storm headed their way and start working to discredit Cam....however...they NEVER have implicated Aubirn in anything, just Rev Newton.

10. Auburn has known everything that has been reported all along and have been giving MSU just enough rope to hang themselves, which they did today.

11. When Auburn and Cam's season and recognition finally seems to be taking real hits....we are either allowed to or simply are going to..go on the offensive and expose the real truth.

12. Auburn goes on to roll through UGA, Bama and UF/USCe, Cam wins the Heisman and we go on to win the National Championship.

And that's just my opinion FWIW!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!  BEAT THE DAWGS!

.... you got the Cliff notes version?

Sounds great but please forgive me if I reserve my excitement until tomorrow when this great news breaks. War Eagle!!

maybe....

Rogers is the recruiter..  the guy doing all the dirty work finding players that are on the market so to speak..

Bond is the negotiator... the guy who works out the deal and settles on a dollar amount.....

Bell is the money man...  the guy who ponies up the cash for the said athlete..

I don't believe Rogers is just out there calling random alumni asking who to talk to to buy a player... In his words he is in the business of finding players who need a college...There is no way anyone providing cash for players is going to be directly tied to a guy like Rogers... You gotta have a middle man or a negotiator to work out the details and settle on a price. Bonds would be a likely guy.. He did say he was contacting by Rogers claiming to represent the Newtons.. Bell obviously is a successful businessman and booster, and would have the means to provide money for a player once an agreement is made.

I would also suggest that if you are the some one like Cecil Newton who is the father of a high profile recruit, you don't go seeking these guys out or even know who they are to seek out. These guys seek you out, and make you offers..... Don't forget that Rogers said he sought Cecil out when he heard Cam had left Florida......

I would also point out that if Bell is the money man, he probably isn't the only one.. I imagine the money to purchase a player comes from several different sources... I also think that somewhere along the line, something happened for Bond and Rogers to start ratting each other out in the media... Probably the misguided NYT article about the recruitment of Cam.. Once the FBI said they wanted to speak to Bonds, Rogers panicked and changed his story today.. So he decided why not try to pin it on the guy everyone in the media has been trying to pin it on? Cecil Newton... Bell of course is out of the country.

I've heard this from like four different places and it is making me excited. But I agree, I'll wait to celebrate whenever I see this.

Wheres the faith?!  It'll happen.  WDE!

Take all of this as a joke unless trusted sources bring it forth. There are D-bags pushing out bad info on this site as well as rivals/scout message boards. Coming from the turddrop site.

One thing that's been totally overlooked in the time line of all this....what was MSU dealing with from January to July?

They said it was another compliance issue that occupied all of their time. What was that compliance issue?.......that's right...the eligibility of a basketball player due to inpermissible benefits paid to said basketball player by a booster!

If they're (MSU boosters, not necissarily the athletic department) willing to pay for a basketball player....you don't think they'd pay for a player like Cam?

Here's my opinionated timeline...

1. Cam screws up his life at UF combined with Tebow coming back...Rev. Newton takes over the kids life and sends him to prison/Blinn JC to get back reality.

2. During 2nd recruitment, Cam wants to play for Mullen, whom he likes, respects and trusts. During recruitment, MSU boosters either a) try to scam other boosters for $ (Rogers theory) or B) feel they need to pay Cam offer Cecil $.  

3. Offer of $ scares/angers Rev Newton and they seriously and urgently start looking elsewhere.

4. Cecil DOES NOT shop his son either by himself or through an intermediary. 3 of the 4 schools recruiting Cam confirm this (AU, UT and OU)

5. Cam/Rev Newton choose Auburn.  Cam's tearful phone call about the $ being too much really means that MSU's offer of $ was too much. Rev Newton's comment of more than a scholarship meant a better academic support staff, better spiritual support, better family setting, better playing setting and better road to the NFL. Remember, Cam screwed up his 1st opportunity at UF...Rev Newton was NOT going to let that happen again and the offer of $ from MSU spoke volumes. The "rented mule" comment meant just that....rented with booster $  

6. MSU coaches upset and concerned about Cam going to Auburn. Take comments by Cam and Rev Newton out of context and start digging. They get some info from Bond and turn it into the SEC.

7. 6 months go by...NCAA gets involved and MSU cooperates. At the same time, the NCAA and SEC tell AU and we begin our own investigation. We find out about the offer of $ by MSU boosters and report it to the SEC and the NCAA.

8. NCAA doesn't investigate right away. When they start, about 6 weeks ago, MSU starts damage control and begins putting together a cover-up.

9. As AU and Cam explode to the top of the BCS...MSU attempts to get ahead of the crap storm headed their way and start working to discredit Cam....however...they NEVER have implicated Aubirn in anything, just Rev Newton.

10. Auburn has known everything that has been reported all along and have been giving MSU just enough rope to hang themselves, which they did today.

11. When Auburn and Cam's season and recognition finally seems to be taking real hits....we are either allowed to or simply are going to..go on the offensive and expose the real truth.

12. Auburn goes on to roll through UGA, Bama and UF/USCe, Cam wins the Heisman and we go on to win the National Championship.

And that's just my opinion FWIW!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!  BEAT THE DAWGS!

.... you got the Cliff notes version?

LOL!!!! :yay:

I've heard this from like four different places and it is making me excited. But I agree, I'll wait to celebrate whenever I see this.

Wheres the faith?!  It'll happen.  WDE!

cautious optimism.

.... I'm personally going to wait 4-5 years. That way I'll be pretty certain they aint gonna take Cam's Heisman, our National Championship trophy.  :dunno:

Read this one also...if you would like

SEC Says ESPN's Report Is Wrong, Calls By Newtons Never Reported

*EDIT: Link Removed

SEC: ESPN Report Wrong, Calls Never Reported

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515311-sec-says-espns-report-is-wrong-calls-by-newtons-never-reported

So there are rumors going around about some good news tomorrow in a few threads and on a few other sites.

My question is... has any credible source posted this? Rival fans from different sites are throwing around a lot of false information, so I'm wondering if anyone well know for their info has said anything about this.

I don't think we have something strong enough to crush all this tomorrow. The only thing that strong is a audio tape of state offering Cecil or Cam and them refusing it.

Read this one also...if you would like

SEC Says ESPN's Report Is Wrong, Calls By Newtons Never Reported

*EDIT: Link Removed

SEC: ESPN Report Wrong, Calls Never Reported

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/515311-sec-says-espns-report-is-wrong-calls-by-newtons-never-reported

Sorry, but that has already been covered under earlier posts. I'm not trying to be a rear end.

Im minimizing my excitement til tomorrow but ill thank you in advance.Everything these days is fact until proven otherwise remember.lol.Hey dawgs! Prepare for a beat down!

Take all of this as a joke unless trusted sources brings it forth. There are D-bags pushing out bad info on this site as well as rivals/scout message boards. Coming from the turddrop site.

Archived