La'el Collins

Rabern57

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never saw this coming, either, but I've been hearing that we have a legitimate shot at him from a friend in the area. It's hearsay, but it's local hearsay, at least.

For a while there, I was worried about whether Robinson was going to be in orange and blue next year, but I can't help but wonder if the time he spent at LSU wasn't as a recruiter for Auburn.

Coach Grimes inherited a good group but he deserves a lot of the credit for getting those guys going after a little slow start earlier in the year.  I think the recruits also see the good foundation and want to play here. 

You have to think the big uglies like to see the pulling and such that our line does.  Has to be more fun than zone blocking.

I never saw this coming, either, but I've been hearing that we have a legitimate shot at him from a friend in the area. It's hearsay, but it's local hearsay, at least.

For a while there, I was worried about whether Robinson was going to be in orange and blue next year, but I can't help but wonder if the time he spent at LSU wasn't as a recruiter for Auburn.

So do Robinson and Collins compete for the same position or how wwill that shake out as far as our O-line next year?

So do Robinson and Collins compete for the same position or how wwill that shake out as far as our O-line next year?

Well, we've still got a long way to go before we cross that bridge, but should we get both signatures, then I'm not so sure we wouldn't see Collins as a guard. He has the kind of body to play guard or tackle, and with two guard positions opening as opposed to one tackle spot, he might well want to play guard to get on the field quicker. :dunno:

Well, we've still got a long way to go before we cross that bridge, but should we get both signatures, then I'm not so sure we wouldn't see Collins as a guard. He has the kind of body to play guard or tackle, and with two guard positions opening as opposed to one tackle spot, he might well want to play guard to get on the field quicker. :dunno:

Cool - thanks. Good point, let's not get ahead of ourselves, but sometimes it's nice to dream. Thx again,

:we:

FTR, Collins and RB Jeremy Hill (who also visited AU this past w/e) play for Redemptorist HS, which is IN Baton Rouge, La. They have grown up knowing NOTHING but "Purple and Gold"! The fact that they even VISITED is in itself a HUGE sign of what a great job of recruiting this staff is doing, and it is also gives us a good clue about a couple of things... first that the AUsome season that we are having IS going to have a late positive effect on several recruits for whom we previously weren't really "in the running"... and second, that another certain recruit from La., who has been to several LSU games with these two guys, must have been doing an AUsome job of recruiting for us.

FTR, Collins and RB Jeremy Hill (who also visited AU this past w/e) play for Redemptorist HS, which is IN Baton Rouge, La. They have grown up knowing NOTHING but "Purple and Gold"! The fact that they even VISITED is in itself a HUGE sign of what a great job of recruiting this staff is doing, and it is also gives us a good clue about a couple of things... first that the AUsome season that we are having IS going to have a late positive effect on several recruits for whom we previously weren't really "in the running"... and second, that another certain recruit from La., who has been to several LSU games with these two guys, must have been doing an AUsome job of recruiting for us.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the LSU loss effects his commitment to them? I would love to steal Collins & Robinson.

Very doubtful. A single win or loss tends to mean little to recruits.

Does anybody know if the LSU loss effects his commitment to them? I would love to steal Collins & Robinson.

The only stealing on G Rob would be LSU stealing him from us. G Rob is ALL AUBURN.

The only stealing on G Rob would be LSU stealing him from us. G Rob is ALL AUBURN.

I think the point he was making is that Robinson is in their back yard. Until last year, it was unheard of for anyone to take big prospects like that out of Louisiana.

There is a new article on the front of Scout Recruiting page on Collins.  It questions if he is still a solid Tiger after taking officials to Auburn and USC.  Can anyone paraphrase for us?

WDE and thanks.

There is a new article on the front of Scout Recruiting page on Collins.  It questions if he is still a solid Tiger after taking officials to Auburn and USC.  Can anyone paraphrase for us?

WDE and thanks.

Collins is a LONG, LONG shot for Auburn. It is what it is.  :wedance:

Some of our coaches were recruiting in Louisiana today. They met with Greg and also La'el Collins. Seems like Greg has done a little recruiting for us...

Some of our coaches were recruiting in Louisiana today. They met with Greg and also La'el Collins. Seems like Greg has done a little recruiting for us...

That would be a GREAT addition to this class.

If RichRod gets canned and Michigan hires Miles, LSU's class might come apart at the seams.

I highly highly doubt Michigan would want Les Miles. Yeah he's a Michigan Alum but outside of that, Les Miles is an awful game manager and has to rely on pure talent to make up for his coaching mistakes.

Jim Harbaugh will be the next coach at UM, if RR is fired this offseason.

If RichRod gets canned and Michigan hires Miles, LSU's class might come apart at the seams.

I highly highly doubt Michigan would want Les Miles. Yeah he's a Michigan Alum but outside of that, Les Miles is an awful game manager and has to rely on pure talent to make up for his coaching mistakes.

Jim Harbaugh will be the next coach at UM, if RR is fired this offseason.

I originally thought that about Harbaugh but there is apparently very bad blood between him and UM

I dont think Harbaugh would go to UM either. Alot of people think Les is a great coach.lol. Stranger things have happened and it would definately seal the deal with GR.

Archived