La'el Collins

Rabern57

I dont think Harbaugh would go to UM either. Alot of people think Les is a great coach.lol. Stranger things have happened and it would definately seal the deal with GR.

The deal is already sealed with Robinson. No worries.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to sound greedy, but now that Greg Robinson has committed to Auburn, has our status with La'el Collins has improved?

I would think so

....oh and on Harbaugh he would be NFL-bound should he make a coaching change

I think that La'el may have played a part in Greg coming to AU.    I know, Robinson wants to play LT and he would probably get put at RT with La'el on the same team.    Collins will stick with LSU, unless somehow we managed to pull Hill.

I think that La'el may have played a part in Greg coming to AU.    I know, Robinson wants to play LT and he would probably get put at RT with La'el on the same team.    Collins will stick with LSU, unless somehow we managed to pull Hill.

is Robinson good friends with Collins?

I'm not completely sure about that. I think Greg would love to have La'el as a part of our class. Greg has said he wants to play LT and not RT, specifically? I've heard he wanted to play OT and not OG, most likely thinking about his future NFL potential at OT and the kind of money OTs make. Anyway, Collins will stick with LSU so I guess it will work out that way.

Actually, Collins is talented enough to play tackle or guard, and I think our strongest chance of pulling him is playing time on the interior line. Seems like I remember reading a quote from him a couple of months ago where he said, in reference to Auburn, that having two spots open at guard and the chance at playing early was a big thing in our favor. I'm not expecting Auburn to make too big a push for him if we sign Fahrenkrug, to be honest, but :dunno:

Actually, Collins is talented enough to play tackle or guard, and I think our strongest chance of pulling him is playing time on the interior line. Seems like I remember reading a quote from him a couple of months ago where he said, in reference to Auburn, that having two spots open at guard and the chance at playing early was a big thing in our favor. I'm not expecting Auburn to make too big a push for him if we sign Fahrenkrug, to be honest, but :dunno:

Coach Chizik visited La'el at his high school and later at his home last week, so we have already made our final push for him. You're probably right, I doubt we will continue to pursue him very heavily since we've already exhausted our one visit from the head coach and with the possible commitment of Fahrenkrug.

I think collins going to lsu is why we got g rob on board.  I think collins will play left tackle at lsu and that is the position g rob wants to play.

I think collins going to lsu is why we got g rob on board.  I think collins will play left tackle at lsu and that is the position g rob wants to play.

I think we have a few more things going for us than that, brother. I don't think Collins comes to Auburn (I think Fahrenkrug commits to us and there's not a need to go after Collins), but I do still think we're in it for him.

JLee speculating that La'el may visit this weekend and that AU may lead LSU for La'el at the moment.  TIFWIW.

I don't know about leading, but Collins visiting isn't anything new...I suspect Lee is fueling speculation, because I really don't think we're ahead of LSU, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we were drawing even with them.

JLee speculating that La'el may visit this weekend and that AU may lead LSU for La'el at the moment.  TIFWIW.

I don't know about leading, but Collins visiting isn't anything new...I suspect Lee is fueling speculation, because I really don't think we're ahead of LSU, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we were drawing even with them.

We are DEFINITELY gaining steam!

Since he knows he would not have to compete with G Rob why the eye opening from Collins...DJ or Red?

You guys are killing me. That would be so chock full of awesome.

Since he knows he would not have to compete with G Rob why the eye opening from Collins...DJ or Red?

This is STRICTLY IMO, but I think that GR would make a VERY good OG!

Very introspective and intuitive, my good man.

JLee posted that if signing day were today, he believes Collins would sign with AU.

JLee posted that if signing day were today, he believes Collins would sign with AU.

That's pretty cool. Keep the momentum going.

this is news to me. I will see what I can find out here about this situation.

Championships are won on the line of scrimmage folks and a class that could include the

following: OL La'El Collins, OL Greg Robinson, OL Shon Coleman, OL Reese Dismukes, OL Thomas O'Reilly, DT Gabe Wright, DT Angelo Blackson, DL Jabarian Niles, DE Ray Drew, and DE Keymiya Harrell would be arguably the best line class signed in Auburn history.

Archived