At the risk of being banned

AuburnSpider

Probably doesn't go here, but I just wasn't willing to start a new thread.  The "insiders" from every AU site I visit are all saying the same thing.  Gus hasn't agreed to the Vandy deal and the latest credible sources are saying they believe he will stay at AU.  To quote one particularly well connected poster, "I'm sleeping well tonight."   :wareagle:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the language, and good rule of thumb is don't post anything you wouldn't say to your mother.

I hate to say it, but my mother would get banned from this board immediately. My grandmother is even worse!! I am not joking, y'all.

I have been on for about 1 year. This is the best board I have ever been on and on the whole I think the Mods do a great job. That said every now and then it seems an individual Mod will take an honest disagreement and decide it shouldn't be allowed. Maybe that Mod and I read things and interpreted them differently. Who knows?

I chalk it up to human nature and then I compare it to other sites and I don't say anything.  This has never happened to me but I have seen a couple of times where I felt the Mod over reacted. Like Spider I love this site and think a little honest criticism is good for the soul.

Please do not take offense, because like I said this is a great site and even when I thought there had been an over reaction it pales compared to what I have seen on other sites.

Thanks for the kind words.  It seems those are few and far between tonight.  Anytime a member believes another member or a moderator has crossed a line the post should be reported.  We do look at them, even if it includes a moderator.  I personally, would like to never be required to use my mod powers.  I like to read and post on multiple threads just like other members.  It is not as easy because we have to monitor all threads and review dozens of reported complaints per day.  This easily could become a full time job.  Unfortunately the pay ($0) is not enough to satisfy my creditors.  

Keep posting and please understand that the moderators are trying to help you by not allowing AE to become like other sites.

You are welcome and Thank you for taking it as a compliment

Bring it on Westy, it gets reported right back to me.  :laugh:

The kick in the nuts thread is back in the general chat section for all to see. Beware of its epicness.

But enough about Westy's private parts please, as hilarious as this could be

Man, I realized how much I ... DON'T miss njtiger and his failure at getting humor and sarcasm.

As for the language, and good rule of thumb is don't post anything you wouldn't say to your mother.

I hate to say it, but my mother would get banned from this board immediately. My grandmother is even worse!! I am not joking, y'all.

Women who cuss are sexy. I bet You Grandma is hot to trott....  :dunno:

You nasty.

Some days I think we need even more mods. This place grew very fast and it is not the same place it was a year ago.

I also think some of the Auburn Family are not really related

I usually just sit back and read, but I'll post something that I haven't seen brought up so I can see whether anyone else agrees.

On several occasions, there have been an influx of stickied threads. I can't remember after which game I came in to read the post-game topics, but it got so bad that there were only maybe 4-5 slots for topics that weren't stickied on the first page. That isn't the only instance, but I feel that several threads that do get stickied should be taken down in a much more timely fashion. I only check the first page of the forum, as I'm sure many others do the same. It gets irritating when everything on the first page gets cluttered by that. I do believe that with the increase of moderators this problem has gotten worse. One might deem a topic more "sticky-worthy" than another may and it will just kind of take on a snowball effect when mods don't want to step on each other's toes.

The only suggestion I can think of that could permanently alleviate this is to allow more threads per page. I just checked, and there doesn't appear to be an option of any sort to change this within a layout setting.

You nasty.

Tell us all more about her.... we're listening.  :-[

Bring it on Westy, it gets reported right back to me.  :laugh:

The kick in the nuts thread is back in the general chat section for all to see. Beware of its epicness.

But enough about Westy's private parts please, as hilarious as this could be

Man, I realized how much I ... DON'T miss njtiger and his failure at getting humor and sarcasm.

You're not kidding. I'm in the process of removing his "insight" in the thread.

This is a big shocker to me. I like the way this site is ran and i thought most everyone here did. I've never heard anyone under five complain about something free. I got some free stuff from a facebook page the other day and you know what it was? Deer urine, and i was thrilled about it. Who doesnt love free stuff?

I have never had a problem presenting a point positive or negative. I have seen posts lately that cross the line of sharing perspective or opinion. I have called out a few people tonight when they were disparaging Malzahn when the story was just a rumor for one, but even if it becomes true should never had been said. I realize we may misinterpret posts or maybe don't even read the whole thing and comment. I have done that and returned an apology. I still enjoy the site and have no problem with mods acting swiftly if warranted. They are human and will err at times, but through PM's things can be worked out.

I visit other sites and post, but this one I enjoy because you don't have to deal with nasty flaming posts. Opposing views are great and some have given me different perspective on issues. I will admit I will speak out if folks disparage coaches, players or players parents. I know maybe I shouldn't and leave it to mods, but some posts I just can't pass on by. First its like this :o than this  >:( than  :beatmullet: and really I should just do this  :-X. WDE!!!!!

I have never had a problem presenting a point positive or negative. I have seen posts lately that cross the line of sharing perspective or opinion. I have called out a few people tonight when they were disparaging Malzahn when the story was just a rumor for one, but even if it becomes true should never had been said. I realize we may misinterpret posts or maybe don't even read the whole thing and comment. I have done that and returned an apology. I still enjoy the site and have no problem with mods acting swiftly if warranted. They are human and will err at times, but through PM's things can be worked out.

I visit other sites and post, but this one I enjoy because you don't have to deal with nasty flaming posts. Opposing views are great and some have given me different perspective on issues. I will admit I will speak out if folks disparage coaches, players or players parents. I know maybe I shouldn't and leave it to mods, but some posts I just can't pass on by. First its like this :o than this  >:( than   :beatmullet: and really I should just do this  :-X. WDE!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!  :thumbsup:

Just a personal observation, but can we do something about the enormous signature pictures?   Eliminating them entirely seems like a good move to me.

I mean it's nice you wear Auburn gear and all, but I really don't need to see a 1700 x 1900 pixel photo of you taken with your camera phone.  It's just unnecessary.  I don't want to see you in your socks, look at you sticking your schnozz in the camera so closely I can count the nosehairs, or be subjected to billboard-sized graphics you've slammed together with your super cool photoshop program.

The gigantic photos make for pages that load slowly, they impede the ability to view this site from a cell phone, and occasionally blow the site up and require left/right scrolling.   All of those things are bad.  

I'd also like to hire some grammar police, too.  Whether people realize it or not, we are judged, at least in part, on how we represent ourselves.  Part of that representation is how we communicate here. Mangled, butchered, slaughtered grammar, spelling and phrasing simply makes me want to projectile vomit.   When I see AU graduates (as some of you portray yourselves to be) saying things like "I seen where..." and  "if I had of..."  Well, lord, it just makes me cringe.  Maybe that's just me.

Galen,

If you don't like the signatures you can go into your preferences and hide signatures. :thumbsup:

Personally, I have no problem with signature pictures but the signature .gif's slow up the page. Especially the one with Tracy drinking the Cammy Cam Juice.

I tend to like the signatures.  As to the grammar, come on man, if you can't understand what the person is trying to convey, then skip the post.  Problem solved ...no need for the mods to be english instructors too!

I tend to like the signatures.  As to the grammar, come on man, if you can't understand what the person is trying to convey, then skip the post.  Problem solved ...no need for the mods to be english instructors too!

I don't think he truly meant for AE to have actual grammar police.. He was just saying use proper language and represent the Auburn Family with class and proper grammar :dunno:

I don't think he truly meant for AE to have actual grammar police.. He was just saying use proper language and represent the Auburn Family with class and proper grammar :dunno:

I was mostly being a smart aleck with that part of it.  Not denying it is a gripe of mine, but I have english professors in my family, so it's been ingrained in me from the beginning.  Been around long enough to recognize that there's little hope of anything of that nature taking place.  When I have my own message board, all posts will have to be cleared by the administration.  All posters will receive quarterly grades based on clarity, spelling, punctuation and structure.  Fail three quarters in a row and you'll be banned.

Didn't know you could hide the sig pictures.  I do find them highly annoying.  I hate to wade through a thread and see the same guy's ginormous mug half a dozen times.  It's just overkill.

I was mostly being a smart aleck with that part of it.  Not denying it is a gripe of mine, but I have english professors in my family, so it's been ingrained in me from the beginning.  Been around long enough to recognize that there's little hope of anything of that nature taking place.  When I have my own message board, all posts will have to be cleared by the administration.  All posters will receive quarterly grades based on clarity, spelling, punctuation and structure.   Fail three quarters in a row and you'll be banned.

Didn't know you could hide the sig pictures.  I do find them highly annoying.  I hate to wade through a thread and see the same guy's ginormous mug half a dozen times.  It's just overkill.

I made all that extra annoying stuff go away a year ago.

Thanks for all the feedback. We really enjoy reading the feedback because it helps all the Mods in the long run. Just remember, this is a FREE site and none of the Mods make any money.

Archived