The Jeff Graba era is underway

WLTZNBC38

CLICK HERE TO WATCH INTERVIEW: http://www.wltz.com/news/local/The-Jeff-Graba-era-is-underway-111973749.html

There's a new era underway in Auburn, and it starts with head coach Jeff Graba, who brings 22 years of coaching experience to a place he now calls home.

"I really like it here. I grew up in a small town in Minnesota and moved to a northern suburb of Minneapolis so this reminds me of the northern suburb that I lived in" Graba said.

And for the first year head coach, the journey to the mats goes back to the Junior High where the former wrestler found his calling.

"My wrestling coach suggested that I get into gym or dance for footwork. I got into a dance class and it took me a day to realize I'd rather do that than this" Graba explained.

And the rest is history. But now Graba is focused on the present and future of this team, and so far, things are looking pretty good.

"The attitude is great. We have a lot of good athletes who have been asked to do a slightly different approach, and they've embraced it and are running with it" Graba said.

Coach Graba is also bringing over a style to the plains that he's used in all of his other stops in his coaching journey.

"I feel that they need to have ownership of their gymnastics, and it's not always coming from the coach" Graba said.

Interesting, but unless you watch the video or read the last sentence of the article, you have no idea what he is the new head coach of..... just saying, it would have helped to mention he is the new gymnastics head coach. :dunno:

When I read 'going back to the mats', the fist sport I thought of was wrestling.

Yeah, I thought for a moment that it was maybe moving back up from a club sport!  Nothing against gymnastics, but it did rather kill my excitement once I read to the bottom.  :'(

why is this posted in the auburn football forum? common sense please! :cool:

This appears to be posted under  "the other Auburn sports". Was it moved or did I miss something. Anyway; maybe some of you folks need to get a new AU life and realize there is a lot more to Auburn athletics than football. Our new coach is well respected nationally and hopefully will take us to the next level. I agree the original post needed a little more info but it didn`t deserve to be ridiculed as it appears some did.

WDE and go Gym Girls.

When I saw dance class and a guys name in the title it was a little discomforting.

We had a really good DB named David King a number of years back. He was an excellent modern dancer and felt it helped him with his strength and movement on the football filed. Pat Dye even had a lady come in to teach some dance and rythum movements to the team at one point.

When I saw dance class and a guys name in the title it was a little discomforting.

We had a really good DB named David King a number of years back. He was an excellent modern dancer and felt it helped him with his strength and movement on the football filed. Pat Dye even had a lady come in to teach some dance and rythum movements to the team at one point.

That's true, he also played in the NFL for a few years.

That`s right. He was a really cool guy and a good DB for sure.

Clong, you do realize that you said, "He was an excellent modern dancer.." right?  :-X;D

Yea; I think that was the correct term for some of what he did. That may not be correct for what he did and lord knows I`m sure not an expert. It was country line dancing or the fish or mash potato for sure. i`l see if I can refine that somewhat.

For some reason I really like watching him play. I think his number was 24. Very quick on his feet and good reaction to the ball.

For some reason I really like watching him play. I think his number was 24. Very quick on his feet and good reaction to the ball.

I enjoyed watching him too. He was very athletic. He attributed his quickness to some extent to his dancing.

Archived