Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

Sincerely hope that no one is going to be surprised when he signs with uat. That is where the kid is going to end up. All this does is let the announcers say "turned down Auburn, whoever, whoever to go to uat".

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He basically dropped Miami from his Top-5, due to the coaching change, and he added Auburn.  I would not get to excited though, his only officially visit so far has been to UAT and his brother already plays for $aban.  He did say that he plans to take all of his official visits in January before signing day, so if we can get him on campus our coaches might be able to work some 'magic'!

Sincerely hope that no one is going to be surprised when he signs with uat. That is where the kid is going to end up. All this does is let the announcers say "turned down Auburn, whoever, whoever to go to uat".

Agree 100%.

I would take all my official visits too even though i know where i'm going to attend college. This a once in a lifetime experience for these kids and they might as well enjoy it. It's great that he has Auburn in his final five, but come signing day, he's Bama bound.

he is one to watch...while he is more than likely a bama lean...some recruits tend to avoid the shadows of playing on the same team as a family member....they also tend to go elsewhere due to the "He went there because his brother is there" mentality from the outside...

Just because he may be leaning to go to Bama doesn't mean that he can't change his mind.  He may visit Auburn and fall in love with it.  Our coaches sure won't let the fact that his brother's at Bama or that he might be leaning there (or anywhere else) keep them from showing Cyrus what Auburn is about and how he could fit in.

You never know....If he takes an official visit , anything could happen.

If he actually sign with us, how much do u think the Turds will claim we paid to get him?

If he signs with $aban... then you can count on it = he has been paid...

His brother plays for bama. They have been the driving force behand 80%+ of the Cam media bashing. Think they have burned his ears up with it ? Unless he is mature beyond his years to cut through the crimson BS  A N D  truly interested in Auburn I don't see him coming our way. The WILD CARD here would be if Cyrus prefers a family like, Christain staff over what bama has. It would be interesting to hear conversations around the dinner table between Eric Smith and Petey Smith discussing Auburn & staff versus bama's.  

War Eagle !

Bama only losing one starter on the O-line a OT James Carpenter.  Cyrus Kouandijo will have to compete with alot of players for that spot including his brother.  Reality, we offer a better change of playing.  One reason why Westerman is giving us a look.  Cyrus Kouandijo's brother might be telling him how much it sucks not playing!

Bama only losing one starter on the O-line a OT James Carpenter.  Cyrus Kouandijo will have to compete with alot of players for that spot including his brother.  Reality, we offer a better change of playing.  One reason why Westerman is giving us a look.  Cyrus Kouandijo's brother might be telling him how much it sucks not playing!

this^^

In the interview he didn't sound all that excited about AU. He even mentioned that another school could move into his top 5. He says his brother would have no impact on his decision and that he will decide for  himself what the best fit is. Part of that I believe he's telling the truth the other I roll my eyes at. Of course you would speak to your brother about the recruiting process and get advice from him. I do believe he will make his on decision. Not all brothers go to the same school to play sports. The Smith situation in relation to us. The Zeller kids as another example. One went to play basketball at Duke, the other went to UNC. On the other side, of course you have the Pouncey's of UF. That's a little different case though. Family ties have proven to have it's place as it relates to recruiting. You don't always go where you have family ties but it does happen.

In the interview he didn't sound all that excited about AU. He even mentioned that another school could move into his top 5. He says his brother would have no impact on his decision and that he will decide for  himself what the best fit is. Part of that I believe he's telling the truth the other I roll my eyes at. Of course you would speak to your brother about the recruiting process and get advice from him. I do believe he will make his on decision. Not all brothers go to the same school to play sports. The Smith situation in relation to us. The Zeller kids as another example. One went to play basketball at Duke, the other went to UNC. On the other side, of course you have the Pouncey's of UF. That's a little different case though. Family ties have proven to have it's place as it relates to recruiting. You don't always go where you have family ties but it does happen.

actually one Zeller is going to play for indiana and the other is at UNC.the Plumlee brothers at Duke is a good example 2 of them r starters at Duke right now and the other one is apart of Dukes amazing class this year.

Got this tweet from ST about an hour ago Re-tweeted from Jamie Newberg..."Big Cyrus Kouandijo will visit AU on the 21st or 28th."

Just thought I would pass that along.

O-linemen like Auburn because they have the chance to play early. I have a feeling that he likes Auburn a lot because of the chance to play early.

Just wait for a contingent of people to get on here and say that it means nothing. I do not think anything is for sure, but I've seen a lot of people everywhere speaking in absolutes when it comes to young men. I hope Cyrus does great wherever he goes, but there are no absolutes in anything.

Just wait for a contingent of people to get on here and say that it means nothing. I do not think anything is for sure, but I've seen a lot of people everywhere speaking in absolutes when it comes to young men. I hope Cyrus does great wherever he goes, but there are no absolutes in anything.

It means nothing. Auburn has no shot. There's no chance that any of these...blah blah rant blah blah rave blah blah high expectations blah blah not gonna happen blah blah blah blah.

(Sorry, just thought I'd go ahead and get it out of the way. :laugh:)

This staff is going after top notch talent and we need to get used to it. There will be the nay sayers but if we get a kid on campus AU has a way of sticking with them. We will get 2 of either Cyrus K, C Westerman, L Collins, X Ward.

This staff is going after top notch talent and we need to get used to it. There will be the nay sayers but if we get a kid on campus AU has a way of sticking with them. We will get 2 of either Cyrus K, C Westerman, L Collins, X Ward.

I would be ok with one. I think two of the 4 is pushing it.

I would be ok with one. I think two of the 4 is pushing it.

Yeah, if we can get even one more to go with Robinson, I would be ecstatic.

Just think what could be tackles like (Kouandijo or Collins), Westerman, Coleman.. Guards: Mack, Robinson, Oreily.. and Dismukes controling the line. That would just be out of two classes . Future looks great to me

Archived