RBProspects that are waiting on offers ?!

5A-au-tiger85

Which RB would be a backup plan if we some how miss out on a couple others and need atleast 3 ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB would be a backup plan if we some how miss out on a couple others and need atleast 3 ?

• Ameer Abdullah-Homewood
    • Chris Dukes-UMS-Wright
    • Demarcus James-Demopolis

Dukes being a local product of South Alabama, I remembered him busting out a sophmore season of over 1900 yards rushing and 28 TD's with some stiff competition in Mobile.  at 5"7 180 Dukes is not afraid of between the Tackles while undoubtably having the 2 stretch the perimeter very effectively as well.  Receving skills is where Dukes really just shows how complete of a back Chris is , great vision and can anticipate how 2 set up his frame 2 move down feild.  acedemics are def. not an issue so its amazuing he only claims offers from Hampton and Wagner

James reminds me of Rudy Johnson with the skill set he can offer running the Ball... Bowling ball type runner, not fast but deceptive speed with great use of the angles of the feild.  Demarcus catches the ball in the open feild with ease and has natural receving skills.  James has shown great knowledge of football pass protection and a knack 4 the short-yardage and redzone conversions !!

But Ameer's all-purpose skills are a elite in that category as any in the country, he's the only 1 of the 3 that should have an offer IMO (but could be on purpose 2 keep attention off) The talent he competed vs. at 5A Homewood were great challenges 4 Abdullah 2 prove his true between the tackle rushin results, slashing cut-backs that take it 2 the house, beat ya 2 the perimeter when he bounces 2 the edge, or showcasing his elite receving assests he attains that is among and above some slot WR's skillsets !!

Who is Chris Dukes?

He's the RB at my school, UMS-Wright. He's a great HS RB, been All-State 3 times. But with his size (5'7 180ish) he just doesnt have the speed a back needs at that size. He'll be a solid pickup for a smaller school though, like Southern Miss or UAB

:banghead: at this thread

(Should've put Buie on the list)

Yep,he will be the man if our current plans fall through.

It's kinda funny that Buie, the #4 All-purpose back and #103 overall prospect, is a backup plan. I think our class will be just fine  ;)

I'm gonna throw this out as interesting info on RBs in this class.  According to Rivals, Clemson has commitments from the #2 and #8 RBs.  Stanford has commitments from the #10, #12, #16 and #39 RBs.  Go figure?   

I'm gonna throw this out as interesting info on RBs in this class.  According to Rivals, Clemson has commitments from the #2 and #8 RBs.  Stanford has commitments from the #10, #12, #16 and #39 RBs.  Go figure?   

DANG A4E! Was Stanford even lower on RBs than AU...I mean, 4? Did they just have one back?

I'm guessing that Stanford doesn't expect all of those running backs to play running back, but :dunno:

the kid from clay chalkville is better than all of those guys Darrin Reaves

It does not matter because at the end of the day none of them will be coming to the Plains  :thumbsup:

Why is it so hard  for you to believe this, the kid is a stud he is just under the radar look for yourself.Dont get caught up in the hype in those 4 and 5 star recruits.

Why is it so hard  for you to believe this, the kid is a stud he is just under the radar look for yourself.Dont get caught up in the hype in those 4 and 5 star recruits.

It's not hard for me to believe at all. I am just saying anyone that says "THE COACHING STAFF REALLY LIKES"...is a bold statement from a general poster and does need confirmation from the Mods before it has legs no matter who the prospect is.

EDIT: Since you got me to look at his tape here is my scouting report. He is a solid big back but gets caught from behind at times too easily. Huggins is better at beraking tackles (because of his balance more than power) and has the break away speed. As far as true Big backs I would have Calloway, Lane, and Hill higher on my board. Considering the Razorbacks lost Coe to Iowa I would say Arky, maybe Ole Miss with the I formation is a better place for Reaves.

Archived