Ray Drew

Not A Insider

I see too much resemblance to Lattimore's recruitment for me to get too comfortable with Drew signing with AUBURN just yet.  I hope everyone who has a tighter line of communication with those in the know are correct, because this young man would be a huge asset to the 2011 signing class.  I will simply wait to see which way he chooses to sign on the dotted line in February. 

War Eagle!! and Merry Christmas everyone.  :believe:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew is the hardest one to figure out, but fans can't sleep on Auburn. While most expect him to end up at Georgia and some think LSU is the team to beat but I have heard from a few good sources that Drew favors Auburn or at the very least likes them as much as he does the Dawgs. This could change quickly as the Isaiah Crowell situation did based on his remaining visits or other factors and I know he really likes Mark Richt, but if he doesn't end up at Georgia I would expect him to land in Auburn.

from rivals

Drew is the hardest one to figure out, but fans can't sleep on Auburn. While most expect him to end up at Georgia and some think LSU is the team to beat but I have heard from a few good sources that Drew favors Auburn or at the very least likes them as much as he does the Dawgs. This could change quickly as the Isaiah Crowell situation did based on his remaining visits or other factors and I know he really likes Mark Richt, but if he doesn't end up at Georgia I would expect him to land in Auburn.

from rivals

Mark Richt is a great Christian, and does a great job mentoring kids at UGA, but when it comes to winning football games and 'coaching up' players to get them into the NFL.........not so much

I have said it for 12 months, Drew will be the most dominate DL player we have had in years. Yes, I am well aware of what Fairly and Marks have done in the last 5 years. The more you watch this guy and hear him speak, the more you realize he has everything you can ask for in a player.

So you're saying the day we sign Drew, we'll have our new all-time sacks leader?  Quentin Groves like??

I thought my statement was pretty clear.

This is similar to my statement last year that D. McNeil would be an instant impact player. He was a beast on Special Teams.

You're pretty good.  May I start using you as an "unnamed source"?

I thought my statement was pretty clear.

This is similar to my statement last year that D. McNeil would be an instant impact player. He was a beast on Special Teams.

You're pretty good.  May I start using you as an "unnamed source"?

We should come up with a secret word. Something like...

"I heard from the owl at midnight Drew is a freak!"

Mark Richt is a great Christian, and does a great job mentoring kids at UGA, but when it comes to winning football games and 'coaching up' players to get them into the NFL.........not so much

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is a funny joke. The man has never heard of the word discipline when it comes to hos players or coaches.

That is the most disappointing thing about Richt. His morals are not reflected by his team. But the same was true of Bowden, whoRicht grew up under.  Our guys seem to reflect the kind of coaches we have. Starting with Tubs

That is the most disappointing thing about Richt. His morals are not reflected by his team. But the same was true of Bowden, whoRicht grew up under.  Our guys seem to reflect the kind of coaches we have. Starting with Tubs

No comment on Tubs because I am in the minority of my opinion of him. Lets just say that in a sporting news recruiting article recently that CGC said CMB was his biggest influence on how to recruit and treat players. He did not mention CTT at all.

That is the most disappointing thing about Richt. His morals are not reflected by his team. But the same was true of Bowden, whoRicht grew up under.  Our guys seem to reflect the kind of coaches we have. Starting with Tubs

It would be great to get Ray Drew. I've got a good feeling about how that kid is going to turn out one day. I think he'll be something special and he seems to really want to go to Auburn.

It would be great to get Ray Drew. I've got a good feeling about how that kid is going to turn out one day. I think he'll be something special and he seems to really want to go to Auburn.

i agree. especially with tracy rocker coaching the d-line.

saw this posted elsewhere from Drew's FB....

Ray Drew

Love ya Lemay, but I'm like a bull. I hate red and when I see you on the opposing sideline, I'm comin to get ya.

4 hours ago via iPhone

Christian Lemay hahahah wow bro bro hurtfull words :/ go dawgs :>

about an hour ago ·

Ray Drew I tried to get you to come with me but noooooo. You just had to go from butler dog to uga dog. It's all good though, when I see that red and black, my motor will be revved up, and I'm gonna plant my face mask in your numbers. Pick you up, dust you off, say God bless you, but don't take it personal because I will be back. Haha

about an hour ago ·

Christian Lemay hahahahaha wo dude ima get in da weight room realy hard now man dang bro thats rough :/ u c dis uga fans this how he guna do us :/ hahahah and i will b all da way turned up to get atcha to bro :> GO DAWGS

I feel confident about Drew to AU. That being said I hope people realize that Drew and Lemay could have been easily just putting on a facebook show since they know the whole college football recruiting world is watching. I would not read anything at their verbal sparring match, even though it was funny.

I think he has been very clever about his recruitment. He doesn't anything so the pressure, while intense to stay at home, has not turned ugly like it would have. Had he already committed any where else they would after him day and night - and probably very negatively. This way it's just the pressure and hope of a fan base to keep him at home.

Look at the pressure then negativity that Travon Reed faced. I think Drew has played this magnificently. 

I feel confident about Drew to AU. That being said I hope people realize that Drew and Lemay could have been easily just putting on a facebook show since they know the whole college football recruiting world is watching. I would not read anything at their verbal sparring match, even though it was funny.

I agree with the entire post here. I THINK we get Drew, but wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. But definitely weird for a kid who plays everything so close to the vest to basically out himself on facebook with one of his best buds, ya know?

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into a fb exchange.  They could be messing around.  Somebody may have picked up Drew's phone and posted that.  Who knows?? 

Archived