Ray Drew

Not A Insider

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a rather lengthy interview posted on rivals with Drew this morning.  SIAP.

Any "good" news in it? I know he is playing it close to the vest - any clues in the interview?

He broke down all the team but really gave no indication other than saying he would have to get comfortable in the 3-4 D before he could chose uga.

Same stuff he's been saying all along.  The interviewer was begging Drew for details, but he wasn't saying much new.  He spoke about his relationship with Richt.  Nothing new there.  He reiterated that their 3-4 scheme is giving him some reason to question if that is the right defense for him to play in.  Listed Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, and Clemson as his top 5.  

There is a "blog" on Scout about the Army practices that says the "scuttlebutt" is that Georgia is sitting pretty for Ray Drew.  Not sure where the scuttlebutt originated but it's an entry from Steve Robertson.  Drew has and remains one of the toughest reads of any recruit.

There is a "blog" on Scout about the Army practices that says the "scuttlebutt" is that Georgia is sitting pretty for Ray Drew.  Not sure where the scuttlebutt originated but it's an entry from Steve Robertson.  Drew has and remains one of the toughest reads of any recruit.

The only stock I put in 'rumors' about Ray Drew is his signature and whatever fax machine it comes out of....I do not take in "anybody's" inside knowledge on Drew.....

He has been tough to read but he has been honest and up front on some things. He has said numerous times he has a problem playing in the 3-4. I think in the end where he signs depends on his eventual comfort level with the 3-4 or will his relationship with MR get him past that discomfort. If it doesn't then Drew will choose Auburn.

He has been tough to read but he has been honest and up front on some things. He has said numerous times he has a problem playing in the 3-4. I think in the end where he signs depends on his eventual comfort level with the 3-4 or will his relationship with MR get him past that discomfort. If it doesn't then Drew will choose Auburn.

The 3-4 might be enough to push him our way.  I hope he gives Coach Rocker a chance to make him an all-american defensive end.  Drew, Sanders, Lemonier, Eguae, Bonomolo.  I'm sure no one wants him at Georgia more than Aaron Murray.  Heck, he might transfer if we get him.

Of course UGA is sitting pretty with Drew. UGA is one of his leaders along with Auburn. What did you expect them to say?

Exactly.    I think it is a three horse race between Auburn,UGA, and LSU.  Auburn holds a slight edge over both.

This seems more and more like a Lattimore like situation and like Lattimore, whoever gets Drew will have a great kid and a player capable of contributing in his first year.

War Eagle !

The 3-4 might be enough to push him our way.  I hope he gives Coach Rocker a chance to make him an all-american defensive end.  Drew, Sanders, Lemonier, Eguae, Bonomolo.  I'm sure no one wants him at Georgia more than Aaron Murray.  Heck, he might transfer if we get him.

don't forget about Dee Ford. i think that he'll be a really solid DE over the next couple of seasons.

Lets say he is a silent commit to us, I dont think that just because someone from wherever says he is another schools to lose changes his choice. :wedance:

Of course UGA is sitting pretty with Drew. UGA is one of his leaders along with Auburn. What did you expect them to say?

Exactly.    I think it is a three horse race between Auburn,UGA, and LSU.  Auburn holds a slight edge over both.

I don't think LSU has a shot, but I think Auburn does hold an ever so slight lead over UGA.

Yeah anything written about Drew is a cool story until he actually says something. I think he stays shrouded in mystery until close to signing day. And I can't help but think that mysteriousness is there because he doesn't actually want to go to UGA, and if he does, he is a really convincing prankster and I'm impressed

I don't think LSU has a shot, but I think Auburn does hold an ever so slight lead over UGA.

LSU has a legitimate shot. He has a great relationship with Coach Haley there. They have alot in common. That said, if he leaves Georgia, he will be at Auburn. I still think he goes to UGA though

LSU has a legitimate shot. He has a great relationship with Coach Haley there. They have alot in common. That said, if he leaves Georgia, he will be at Auburn. I still think he goes to UGA though

So if he leaves Georgia, he will be at Auburn, but LSU still has a legitimate shot? That's kinda contradictory there, buddy...

So if he leaves Georgia, he will be at Auburn, but LSU still has a legitimate shot? That's kinda contradictory there, buddy...

Not really. You are being too literal Red. lol

Hope we get this guy, but it wouldn't surprise me if he chooses Georgia. Its always tough to turn down your big home state school.

Archived