Ray Drew

Not A Insider

Not really....  they run a 3-4 defense and IMO, he already knows where he's going. He is just enjoying the process. War Eagle!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really....  they run a 3-4 defense and IMO, he already knows where he's going. He is just enjoying the process. War Eagle!!

Not only that, but can you imagine Drew being around Saban when Saban goes on a rant and used every four letter word in the book?  There is absolutely zero chance drew goes to Bama, regardless of what he said.

I disagree. Although IMO it is a very long shot, Bama has a shot now. Drew wanting to major in communications is new to me and raises my eyes. Unfortunately Auburn is light years behind bama and uga in communications program. I was a communications major at Auburn and the program was average at best. Bama and uga mirror each other in the Ray Drew battle. Both have inconsistent coaches, both use the 3-4 defense, and both have very good Communications programs. If Auburn had a high quality communications program i would say Drew would be committed to Auburn now. That said. It will come down the wire for Drew IMO and I just hope the 4-3 D and the realness of our coaches in who they are will swing Drew our way.

I disagree. Although IMO it is a very long shot, Bama has a shot now. Drew wanting to major in communications is new to me and raises my eyes. Unfortunately Auburn is light years behind bama and uga in communications program. I was a communications major at Auburn and the program was average at best. Bama and uga mirror each other in the Ray Drew battle. Both have inconsistent coaches, both use the 3-4 defense, and both have very good Communications programs. If Auburn had a high quality communications program i would say Drew would be committed to Auburn now. That said. It will come down the wire for Drew IMO and I just hope the 4-3 D and the realness of our coaches in who they are will swing Drew our way.

A good student in AU's Communication program will do fine after graduating.

But a communications degree from bama or uga will do a lot better more times than not. Look at the media in this state. Most of them graduated from Bama and not Auburn. That said, I do know a very good journalist that works for the Huntsville Times who got her communications degree at Auburn.

And an average student who parties too much will end up spending all his time crunching numbers and posting on a forum???   ;D   :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Barrett Trotter and Phillip Lutzenkirchen are currently majors in the Department of Communication and Journalism.  Ronnie Brown and Jake (the blocking back guy last name escapes me) also majored in the department.  Just some names to throw around.

A communication degree from bama or georgia would make him a higher NFL prospect than one from Auburn. So why would he come here?

Barrett Trotter and Phillip Lutzenkirchen are currently majors in the Department of Communication and Journalism.  Ronnie Brown and Jake (the blocking back guy last name escapes me) also majored in the department.  Just some names to throw around.

Yes but none of those guys are employed in the field of communications yet.

But a communications degree from bama or uga will do a lot better more times than not. Look at the media in this state. Most of them graduated from Bama and not Auburn. That said, I do know a very good journalist that works for the Huntsville Times who got her communications degree at Auburn.

And FSU is better than all 3 in communications. So why did he drop them? That doesn't make sense. Even the ugaly fans are saying that Drew doesn't like a 3-4 D, and they think he is all Auburn. Join them.

I believe you're thinking of Jake Slaughter...

I work in the communications field and we get interns from both AU and bama and I can promise you the students we get from bama are no better knowledge wise than the ones from AU. I would put them on even ground actually.

I don't think bama has much of a shot at all and I think he knows where he's going already. I don't think the communication programs of each school seperate themselves from each other, as much as what position on defense he thinks he will thrive in to maximize his future NFL potential and it is being a dominant 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. I feel his future NFL potential trumps what type of communication degree he will be able to attain, IMO. He reminds me a lot of Julius Peppers and I could see him developing into that type of player at AU.

Seriously, do you really think he is choosing a school based on their communication program?

A communication degree from bama or georgia would make him a higher NFL prospect than one from Auburn. So why would he come here?

Because we run a 4-3 defense, which he fits perfectly in and we have a communication program that is at the very least, comparable to the other programs, which just so happens to run a defense(3-4) that he isn't comfortable playing in. Rather he receives a communication degree from UGA, bama or AU, his NFL stock will be based on what he does on the gridiron, not what type of degree he has. 

Because we run a 4-3 defense, which he fits perfectly in and we have a communication program that is at the very least, comparable to the other programs, which just so happens to run a defense(3-4) that he isn't comfortable playing in. Rather he receives a communication degree from UGA, bama or AU, his NFL stock will be based on what he does on the gridiron, not what type of degree he has. 

I was being sarcastic, it was a joke.

:laugh: I think that was sarcasm, brother.

:laugh: I think that was sarcasm, brother.

:laugh:  :layingoffthescotch:

Haha I think he was being sarcastic

Seriously, do you really think he is choosing a school based on their communication program?

Well he sounded like that was a factor in that interview...and I am glad the communications program has stepped up. It lacked a lot when I was in that major.

I don't know, I heard the McDonald's in Athens has better burgers because they are located closer to the regional distribution center and therefore have fresher ingredients.  Could be a deciding factor.

TIFWIW  :dunno:

I don't know, I heard the McDonald's in Athens has better burgers because they are located closer to the regional distribution center and therefore have fresher ingredients.  Could be a deciding factor.

^^^^Best quote of the day so far.^^^^

Hahahahah... That was really funny!

My Dad is a big UGA fan and he's telling me there are rumors that Todd Grantham may go to the Cowboys to be the DC. I wonder how that would effect Drew?

My Dad is a big UGA fan and he's telling me there are rumors that Todd Grantham may go to the Cowboys to be the DC. I wonder how that would effect Drew?

Depends on the next guy they bring in.  If it is a 4-3 guy I think he ends up at UGA, but if it is another 3-4 guy he will be in O&B, IMO.

Archived