Eagle to fly at BCS National Championship Game

JimmyC123

I guess I should chime in on this one. I served in the military for my country. What makes this country great is that you can either stand there and be silent or you can scream "WAR EAGLE". That's what I was fighting for. Classless? Some may think so. Innapropiate? Absolutely not!

I, too, served in the military and find it in poor taste to yell, "War Eagle" during the playing of the National Anthem, but I certainly don't think there should be serious repercussions for doing so. 

As Voltaire said, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".

IMO, it would be disrespectful and in poor taste.  But, I am not saying one way or the other.  Just be prepared for the major backlash if you do it.  With all the negative publicity (although unjust) Auburn has gotten this season, the national media would jump all over this.  So don't do it and then complain about the backlash. 

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!

Haven't we received ENOUGH bad press this season?  Don't we have enough HATERS out there already?  If we are to be saying anything at all during the anthem, it should be singing the anthem, nothing else.  It should ALWAYS be a time of respect and reverance when the SSB is playing.   A loud "WAR EAGLE" following the anthem would be awesome!  

:we::wedance::we:

:believe:

Awww we won't be able to yell WAR EAGLE while it is in flight.  That makes me sad. 

How exactly do they intend to stop people from doing that?

I agree completely.  I'll be screaming some War Eaglllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

during the national anthem?

Didn't watch the video so NO OF COURSE NOT DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM. 

IMO, it would be disrespectful and in poor taste.   But, I am not saying one way or the other.  Just be prepared for the major backlash if you do it.  With all the negative publicity (although unjust) Auburn has gotten this season, the national media would jump all over this.  So don't do it and then complain about the backlash. 

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!

Eggs Zachery!

Haven't we received ENOUGH bad press this season?  Don't we have enough HATERS out there already?  If we are to be saying anything at all during the anthem, it should be singing the anthem, nothing else.  It should ALWAYS be a time of respect and reverance when the SSB is playing.   A loud "WAR EAGLE" following the anthem would be awesome!  

:we::wedance::we:

:believe:

Eggs Zachery (Part II)!

ALSO, THINK ABOUT THIS!!!

Are the parents or grandparents of any of our major recruits strict military or patriots who would be offended by the fact that our fans did not respect the Star Spangled Banner?  Why not just wait until it is over then do a quick WAR EAGLE or even the extended WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR EEEEAAAGGGLLLEEE... HEY!!!!!!!!!!?? 

Guest shirley4au9

I guess I should chime in on this one. I served in the military for my country. What makes this country great is that you can either stand there and be silent or you can scream "WAR EAGLE". That's what I was fighting for. Classless? Some may think so. Innapropiate? Absolutely not!

Not going to get in a contest..Classless is my opinion..I have another option, perhaps sing the National Anthem, hand over your heart and hats off..I thnk you for your service..

"War Eagle" is at the end of the national anthem anyway.  At least it always is for me.

I was at the Fiesta Bowl when the eagle flew.  It was tough to see from the other side of the stadium.

This is very personal to me.  Forget the others, I will be offended if you yell or disrupt the national anthem.    So I will be so bold as to ask you not to do it and as much as possible, convey an attitude of respect so those around you are aware. 

Anytime outside of that time frame, an attitude of "Hide your ducks the Eagle's loose" is fine by me.

IMHO

Guest shirley4au9

I, too, served in the military and find it in poor taste to yell, "War Eagle" during the playing of the National Anthem, but I certainly don't think there should be serious repercussions for doing so. 

As Voltaire said, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".

^^^^Agree^^^^"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll deffend to the death your right to say it."

Just e-mailed Jay Jacobs and encouraged him to e-mail the AU family in an effort to discourage a potentially embarassing moment for Auburn in front of a national TV audience. That's how strongly I feel about this. FWIW.

Good call

After a 22-year career in the USAF I definitely vote "WAIT" till the end please.

I'm an Atlanta fan too and get a little peeved when everyone sings "...and home of the BRAVES" at the end.  I've also been to pro games in the Baltimore/DC area and they give a long and loud extended "OOOOHHHH" on the last refrain in "honor" of the Blatimoer Orioles. Both practices are little juvenile and disrespectful.

You all have to remember that the Auburn family is a pretty intelligent/self-aware group of people, if they saw an eagle flying around let's say an outdoor funeral ceremony... you would not see people start swinging their arms in a circle yelling Waaaaar Eagle. Remember, we're not like the Bama fans in the "Rowl Tahd" ESPN commercial.

I'm sure the majority of people will be caught off guard, maybe think about it for a second, but people are given dirty looks and taps on the shoulder if they don't take thier hats off in Jordan Hare. I think that everyone understands the importance and significant National Anthem.

Is it disrespectful to shoot off fireworks during the "bombs bursting in air"?  Is the eagle itself distracting those from the anthem? 

Archived