bcs tickets

wellsfs

Premium Tickets called me tonight and reported that they cannot supply me with the 4 tickets that they guaranteed on December the 4.I already have airplane tickets and hotel rooms. I have no recourse except to  say, NEVER buy anything from Premium Tickets if you expect tickets. They are a bunch of low class SOBs who will stab you in the back to make a bigger profit. Anyway, if anyone has or hears of 2-4 tickets for sale, please let me know at wellsfs@yahoo.com. My son and I are AU graduates, and I would still like to take him if possible. War Eagle

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be a more common problem than it should be...

There needs to be a law that goes into place that prohibits this. Allowing you to sue for damanges, which would be the going price of the ticket at the time of notification. There are going to be so many fans out there without tickets. Still dreading my agency telling me in the next 3 days that my order has been canceled.

Where did you get your tickets? eBay? who is the username?

This is happening a lot right now. The issue is that the ticket brokers were selling tickets short, meaning that they never had tickets and were hopping to buy tickets later cheaper than what they had sold the tickets. This usually works. Problem is that this Championship Game ticket is in higher demand than any prior game, so the brokers can't buy cheaper to fill their orders. Unfortunately there is no recourse.

if this was on eBay, you should create a fake name and buy every auction they put out going forward. Don't pay for it and they get screwed. You can send a nice little note "sorry, turns out I don't have the money afterall. Wish there was something I could do. "

The university had 400 standing room only tickets as of yesterday at 1:30. This was made available for tuf donors who were on the high end of the point system. Not seats but it will get you in the stadium if you know someone who can obtain these.

I read on another site a post from a supposed ticket broker.  He basically said what Watson already posted.  Many ticket brokers sold tickets for price xxx but when the prices went up they refunded the money to the people who bought the tickets and are now selling the same tickets for a higher price.  I am sorry this happened to you and it appears to be happening to a lot of people.

I have a co-worker is has the same problem right now with stub hub

Bought tickets on line after the sec game

He talked to them yesterday and still no tickets

He was told they would make it good, right now he has no tickets

He has plane tickets, hotel, rental car but no bcs tickets

Guys,

I am in the same boat with Stub Hub, as I purchased two tickets on Dec 7th with the "fan guarantee".

My tickets were suppose to ship on January 3rd.( I was very leery of this lengthy time out from date of purchase).

Of course they didnt ship and I have been constantly harassing the Stub Hub Guys. My case is now with the  ticket sourcing department and they are supposedly going to find me tickets now. 

I read on the other site that the Brokers were taken by some of these scammers, posing to have these hoards of tickets, and thinking they could obtain them later and flip them for a big profit. Turns out they didnt have any tickets and they were all "air". I thought Stubhub and those guys confirmed these things and had safeguards.

I have bought plane ticket, and have hotel and car reservations already.  If stubhub doesnt make it right, then

I could shop for tickets with my refund money on the street.. but more than likely that will be  a futile attempt.

At this point, I am "ALL IN"" and going regardless of having tickets.. IT would just really blow to spend that kind of money to go watch the game at a bar ultimately.

Anyone have any advice or dealing with Stubhub or any other brokers on shady matters such as this?

Guys,

I am in the same boat with Stub Hub, as I purchased two tickets on Dec 7th with the "fan guarantee".

My tickets were suppose to ship on January 3rd.( I was very leery of this lengthy time out from date of purchase).

Of course they didnt ship and I have been constantly harassing the Stub Hub Guys. My case is now with the  ticket sourcing department and they are supposedly going to find me tickets now.   

I read on the other site that the Brokers were taken by some of these scammers, posing to have these hoards of tickets, and thinking they could obtain them later and flip them for a big profit. Turns out they didnt have any tickets and they were all "air". I thought Stubhub and those guys confirmed these things and had safeguards.

I have bought plane ticket, and have hotel and car reservations already.  If stubhub doesnt make it right, then

I could shop for tickets with my refund money on the street.. but more than likely that will be  a futile attempt.

At this point, I am "ALL IN"" and going regardless of having tickets.. IT would just really blow to spend that kind of money to go watch the game at a bar ultimately.

Anyone have any advice or dealing with Stubhub or any other brokers on shady matters such as this?

I honestly thought that was the point of buying through Stubhub as well was to prevent things exactly like this from happening. 

Nashville,

SO did I.  They have always seemed to be the ones with the best reputation in this shady business.

Giving me a refund wont ease my pain, as at this point I dont care if my "new seats" end up in the middle of Duckland, just as long as I get in the game. However, I doubt I will see these "new" seats, and I will be a man on a mission at this point to publicize their misgivings.

A guy at work saw this on the board yesterday and called his broker to verify his tickets.  He had me listen to the call because he wanted a witness.  They told him that they had over sold tickets, but that he did have one.  He asked to have it shipped to him.  They said that they could not do that because they do not have the ticket yet. He is supposed to meet someone in Arizona to pick it up.  They did offer him over twice what he paid to buy his ticket, but like he said, " I want the ticket.  I want to go to the game."  He is sketched out by the fact that he has to pick up the tickets in AZ.  He threatened to report them to the FBI if they screwed him.  I'm pretty sure there is both criminal and civil action that could be taken if you get screwed, even if they refund your money.  If they took your money there is a breach of contract, even if they refund the money.  I'm pretty sure there is some type of fraud charges you could file.  Considering that most of these transactions occurred overthe internet I would assume that it would be a federal crime due to the fact that the crime most likely occurred across state lines.  I'm not sure how the internet as a medium plays into this, I'm not sure of the laws, but I would think that it would not be unlike if this fraud occurred through the mail (which is a federal crime).  In a civil lawsuit, I'm pretty sure that you could sue for damges above the cost of the ticket, especially since you are talking about cheating someone out of an irreplacable experience.  We studied that back in college, but I'm pretty fuzzy on it.  I'm not sure about suing for the cost of the airfare and hotel stay, especially if you actually take the flight and stay in the hotel.  So, I'm pretty sure there are courses of action you can take if you get screwed.   

Now yall have me worried.  I booked a package through a travel agency out of Mobile.  I have asked where the tickets are and they have told me upper endzone.  Which is fine, but it worries me that I dont have an actual ticket yet!

They said we are supposed to pick them up at the hotel?  Does anyone else think I should be worried?  :dunno:

I know it's hard not to worry if you do not have your tickets in hand right now....

I was in the same boat till last night.......

I'm the most shock with stub hub....

They have been in the business a long time and I used them due to my brother-in-law....

I hope all works out for everyone dealing with stub hub or whom ever they are dealing with...

One way this whole issue can be taken care of.....

All tickets have to be given to the schools playing the game.........

Now yall have me worried.  I booked a package through a travel agency out of Mobile.  I have asked where the tickets are and they have told me upper endzone.  Which is fine, but it worries me that I dont have an actual ticket yet!

They said we are supposed to pick them up at the hotel?  Does anyone else think I should be worried?  :dunno:

If you booked your ticket through a legit travel agency I wouldnt be that worried.  I mean, you booked an entire package, correct?  I think the brokers that people are referring to are basically nothing more than scalpers

We have our tix in hand, but I got an e-mail yesterday essentially saying they would buy them back and I could more or less name my price.  I thought about taking them up on it, for about five seconds...

We have our tix in hand, but I got an e-mail yesterday essentially saying they would buy them back and I could more or less name my price.  I thought about taking them up on it, for about five seconds...

If it's from one of these brokers, you should agree to it and then later tell them you don't actually have the tickets right now, but you're hoping to get your hands on them.

The only problem is, they'll do the same thing to someone else and already have them sold  :-\

An auction just ended on Ebay, two tickets lower level 10 yd line row 8, along with a parking pass, went for $10,105.00.

An auction just ended on Ebay, two tickets lower level 10 yd line row 8, along with a parking pass, went for $10,105.00.

I saw that.  My section even.

That's a HUGE amount of money.  No way I could pay that to go to the game, but no way I'd sell mine for that either.

My mom is here in the office and saw it.  She was astounded--said sell mine.

My wife cut her off and said don't even think about it...she knows there's no way in H#LL I'd miss that game!

If you booked your ticket through a legit travel agency I wouldnt be that worried.  I mean, you booked an entire package, correct?  I think the brokers that people are referring to are basically nothing more than scalpers

Yes.  I booked everything except my flight through these guys.  Some of these stories are terrible.  That is ridiculous that they can do anything like that.  Especially StubHub.  They are the ones with all of the credibility on the line.  I will gladly tell everyone not to go through StubHub if they can't make it right.

Archived