bcs tickets

wellsfs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The picture of him holding the tickets concern me.

The tickets he is holding have a round corner. The tickets I have bought are square....

Big concern here with everything going on with stub hub and all the fakes going around...

I wonder if those are just props the newspaper gave him for the picture?

I thought the same thing about his tickets when I saw them...I've yet to see any tickets that look so jacked up like his!  Definately look fake.  Maybe those are the final tickets he has for himself to go to the game lol....poor guy is in for a big suprise!  I couldn't see myself contributing to the ticket problem that so many true/loyal AU fans have faced like this guy has. 

auburn-vs-oregon-tickets-6315d6d8077d1947.jpg

I sent an email to the travel agency I booked through a couple of hours ago confirming that they had tickets.  I told him I had heard a lot of horror stories about people not being able to come up with tickets and just wanted to double check.  I have not heard back yet!  That concerns me!

I called stub hub about my tickets this morning...

They assured me mine were good.

They said that the problem was: you have an original ticket and a copy. People are selling the copies as original's.

Just thought I would put this out here..........

I called stub hub about my tickets this morning...

They assured me mine were good.

They said that the problem was: you have an original ticket and a copy. People are selling the copies as original's.

Just thought I would put this out here..........

You have got to be kidding!!

I was told this about an hour ago.

The copy is supposed to be destoryed.......Here's the problem people are not doing that.....

I talked to my broker/owner again this morning.  He has honored the 200% refund without hassle, I really respect that.  He is continuing to look for tickets and he is working on two Falcons playoff tickets for me for my patience.  I told him I would take a ticket up until midnight on Sat., so I am still holding out hope.  He apologized many times on the phone, but as I told him, your apologies won't get me in the game.  He also mentioned that there are MANY Auburn alumni/ticket holders that didn't deliver their tickets to ticket wholesalers and retailers and are a part of driving the $5000 ticket prices.  If that is true  >:(       

I thought the same thing about his tickets when I saw them...I've yet to see any tickets that look so jacked up like his!  Definately look fake.  Maybe those are the final tickets he has for himself to go to the game lol....poor guy is in for a big suprise!  I couldn't see myself contributing to the ticket problem that so many true/loyal AU fans have faced like this guy has. 

Dude needs to brush more often.

Dude needs to brush more often.

I am glad you said it.....I didnt want to be the first to say it.

Why are there copies of the tickets at all?

Souvenirs?

On WJOX earlier they had one of the guys from AAA tix in B'ham in the studio. He said one reason the price has been driven up so much was because some ticket brokers were trying to screw other ticket brokers. Some way oversold and were just trying to buy tickets to fulfill their orders and other brokers were buying them or bidding the price up to just get the prices even higher. He said if you are planning on going there without a ticket be prepared to pay $2,000 to $3,000  at game time to get in.

Anybody re-considering selling theirs?  I just checked eBay, and here's one for you (not the most expensive by a long shot).  Has 8 "best offer"s rejected so far

2 BCS National Championship Tickets Club Level 40yrd!

price: US $100,000.00

Shipping: US $15.00 -- One-day Shipping.  

Quantity: 1 Available

Item number: 170587102646

There were no duplicate tickets in my order from Auburn. There will be a lot of women walking around in Phoenix with tickets in their purse. I might be carrying the purse instead of the wife on Monday. Thinking of carrying a fanny pack I use for snow skiing to secure my tickets. No plastic ticket holders to be found in B'ham.

As soon as I leave to head to the ATL airport on Sat, my ticket will be around my neck.  I'll take it off to shower and (maybe) sleep.  This is the craziest situation I've ever heard of regarding these tickets. 

I just got a call from the owner of the travel agency.  He said they bought the packages through a company out of Atlanta.  His guy there assure him that they everyone will have tickets, but they might be offering a buy back of $2,500 per ticket? 

Seems odd that everyone is going to have a ticket, but they might offer a buyback?  Sounds like trouble to me!

I am not going to be happy if this turns out bad!      :pcprobs:

Anybody re-considering selling theirs?  I just checked eBay, and here's one for you (not the most expensive by a long shot).  Has 8 "best offer"s rejected so far

I would consider this if it wasn't for the $15.00 shipping, that's outrageous.

I would consider this if it wasn't for the $15.00 shipping, that's outrageous.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just got an e-mail from StubHub saying they would buy back my tickets for what I paid (including shipping and service fees).... PLUS an extra $2,500 PER TICKET...

Just goes to show how desperate they are to try and fix this situation...

For two seconds I thought about cashing in... but ultimately there's no way I can pass up on what could end up being a once in a lifetime opportunity...

Archived