number of au fans vs oregon fans in arizona

bmsims8point

I am here in Arizona, and we outnumber the bath toys by at least 8 to one...do not know if game will be that way since more Auburn fans came without tickets...one thing though, everywhere you go duck fans are saying "wow, you guys take your football seriously dont you"...and what is even funnier is they just can't understand when we say War Eagle to each other...too funny..

:wareagle:

according to an update yesterday... Auburn had a far bigger turnout.

I think the stadium will be 60 % full of Auburn fans.

I was hearing more in the 80% range!

according to an update yesterday... Auburn had a far bigger turnout.

I think the stadium will be 60 % full of Auburn fans.

I was hearing more in the 80% range!

Even better... lets rock that place and show em what Auburn fans are all about.

We are here in force, believe me. We were in Sedona on Sat and there were Auburn people everywhere, yesterday at the Grand Canyon, saw one Duck, all the rest were AU people and even the park rangers were talking about how many AU people were here. Funny thing happened, a park ranger went by our group and said "War EAgle"  I think some of the "family" had been talking to her and she knew that when she saw Auburn people to say War Eagle. It has been amazing. Now on to the game. Everyone is feeling very emotional. We simply must win this game today!!

We are here in force, believe me. We were in Sedona on Sat and there were Auburn people everywhere, yesterday at the Grand Canyon, saw one Duck, all the rest were AU people and even the park rangers were talking about how many AU people were here. Funny thing happened, a park ranger went by our group and said "War EAgle"  I think some of the "family" had been talking to her and she knew that when she saw Auburn people to say War Eagle. It has been amazing. Now on to the game. Everyone is feeling very emotional. We simply must win this game today!!

We are going to win this game.

Everywhere you turn there are groups of Auburn fans.  I can count the number of Oregon fans we've seen in 2 days on 2 hands.   Every gas station, restaraunt, bar, and tourist attraction is full of Orange and Blue.

Everywhere you turn there are groups of Auburn fans.  I can count the number of Oregon fans we've seen in 2 days on 2 hands.   Every gas station, restaraunt, bar, and tourist attraction is full of Orange and Blue.

Their stadium only holds about 50,000 people... Auburn just about doubles that.

Did any of you see the pics of pep rally that was held?  A news station in Glendale estimated there were 30,000 fans and then security finally closed the gates.  Anyone in Glendale able to confirm this?

Did any of you see the pics of pep rally that was held?  A news station in Glendale estimated there were 30,000 fans and then security finally closed the gates.  Anyone in Glendale able to confirm this?

Two articles on al.com have pics/vid and the crowd is HUGE!!!!!

I have no doubts that its true. Auburn has one of the best traveling fan bases period.

Welcome to the laid back West Coast football.  :dunno:

They're like this for all sports events - even pro. Only when the 50K 'hard core' fans arrive in the stadium do you notice that yes, there are fans around - but not like the Sunbelt states. I lived in California for 8 years, 4 in NoCal (yup, San Francisco is northern California even though it is half way up!) and 4 in Orange County. Getting coverage of NCAA events was difficult and only with pay per view could I watch Auburn regularly.

Their fans will show up. They are proud of Auzten and call it the loudest in the PAC 10.

Sounds like a challenge to me. Unfortunately with the Arena shut down, no remore broadcasting will happen today. But with a typically loud and raucous SEC bunch, the PAC 10 can learn something about college football tonight.

See you at Toomers . . . .

I have no doubts that its true. Auburn has one of the best traveling fan bases period.

And it's funny because Eugene is populated with about 155 thousand people, compared to Auburn with about 60 thousand people.  The numbers just show you how much fans care about their Tigers.

First time poster, long time lurker here... It is hard for me to judge numbers, but it was as packed as you can get a place. I told my wife that its a good thing it only lasts an hour cause it could turn into a rough situation. There was not any room to eve bend down and tie your shoe. Had a duck fan come and chill with our group for a minute and he just could not comprehend our fan support.

First time poster, long time lurker here... It is hard for me to judge numbers, but it was as packed as you can get a place. I told my wife that its a good thing it only lasts an hour cause it could turn into a rough situation. There was not any room to eve bend down and tie your shoe. Had a duck fan come and chill with our group for a minute and he just could not comprehend our fan support.

welcome, post often and have a lifetime event in Glendale

Thanks stealth, it has already been a dream come true trip, just can't wait for game to start now. I was a member of SEC talk for a few years but the hate after the Cam situation and all was just too much for me to forget. I think I have found a home here. WDE fellas.

Whatever amount they let in we completely filled it up.  It was an incredible sight.  They said they were going to fly Aubie into the Pep Rally in a hot air balloon but they had not anticipated us filling up the entire place so they couldn't fly him in.  And there is a 3 floor parking garage for the mall next to the Pep Rally area and it was completely full with AU family lining the decks.  Truly was an awesome site to witness.  There are definitely A LOT of us here. 

:believe:

Whatever amount they let in we completely filled it up.  It was an incredible site.  They said they were going to fly Aubie into the Pep Rally in a hot air balloon but they had not anticipated us filling up the entire place so they couldn't fly him in.  And there is a 3 floor parking garage for the mall next to the Pep Rally area and it was completely full with AU family lining the decks.  Truly was an awesome site to witness.  There are definitely A LOT of us here. 

:believe:

Thats awesome to hear, hopefully we can make our boys feel at home when gametime comes around.

Unfortunately, there are several plane loads of Auburn fans who have not been able to fly out of Birmingham due to the ice. If they don't get out pretty soon, they won't make the game.

Archived