number of au fans vs oregon fans in arizona

bmsims8point

Did any of you see the pics of pep rally that was held?  A news station in Glendale estimated there were 30,000 fans and then security finally closed the gates.  Anyone in Glendale able to confirm this?

I heard it was closer to 50,000... The best part is that we cleaned out all of the beer in the event, so Oregon fans had to watch their pep rally 2 hours later with no beer! :wedance:

News stations in Montgomery reported 50,000+. Fire Marshall refused to allow any more in so the rest went into a parking deck over looking the party!

Unfortunately, there are several plane loads of Auburn fans who have not been able to fly out of Birmingham due to the ice. If they don't get out pretty soon, they won't make the game.

I have heard some flights have already been cancelled.  What a shame!  My heart hurts for them.

:we::wedance::we:

:believe:

Did any of you see the pics of pep rally that was held?  A news station in Glendale estimated there were 30,000 fans and then security finally closed the gates.  Anyone in Glendale able to confirm this?

I heard it was closer to 50,000... The best part is that we cleaned out all of the beer in the event, so Oregon fans had to watch their pep rally 2 hours later with no beer! :wedance:

Report are at least 50k at the pep rally will thousands more turned away and packed into the parking deck. I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least 100k plus AU fans there, with thousands more stranded at the airport

I would also like to add that we are at a pregame party here at the same location of the pep rally and the bartender just told me that we actually drank them dry 3 times yesterday. He laughed and said he has never seen anything like it, said he wanted to quit his job it was so hectic.

I would also like to add that we are at a pregame party here at the same location of the pep rally and the bartender just told me that we actually drank them dry 3 times yesterday. He laughed and said he has never seen anything like it, said he wanted to quit his job it was so hectic.

I hope you told him not to quit.  Would hate for Thayer Evans to get wind of that and write a story blaming AUBURN for the unemployment situation in the country.

Unfortunately, there are several plane loads of Auburn fans who have not been able to fly out of Birmingham due to the ice. If they don't get out pretty soon, they won't make the game.

I have heard some flights have already been cancelled.  What a shame!  My heart hurts for them.

:we::wedance::we:

:believe:

Bham airport is open.  Flights are leaving.

:wareagle:          :wareagle:                :wareagle:                :wareagle:              :wareagle:

:wedance:        :wedance:        :wedance:            :wedance:          :wedance:              :wedance:

i now wish i would have kept the 800$ ticket my wife bought me and went to az. sold it there for 2or3k and watched it at bar or wherever these thousands of aubs are watching. instead i took the 800$ she paid.

I was out there from Sat to Tues AM and it was obvious that the PHX, Scottsdale, Glendale areas were not prepared for the amount of people who showed up.  Lines for food, restrooms, bars, etc...were out of control.  The pep rally folks had no clue what they were in for during the AU portion.

As far as the fan base mix, there was not one time I looked around and saw AU fans outnumbered.  The ratio was usually 3 to 1 or better everywhere we went. 

My take on the whole weekend, best money I've ever spent.  The folks who sold their tickets for $3,000 got ripped off.  The experience was worth way more than that. 

Archived