Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

How about a little recruiting discussion? I thought it'd be fun to see how everybody thinks the recruiting class will shape up. Most, if not all of the current commits have a solid chance of qualifying and getting into school, so AU will probably not sign many over the 25 scholarship number. Maybe 26. Here's a current list of our commits listed by the position where I believe they will begin their AU careers. After that, I'll predict who I think signs to complete the class. Add who you believe we get to complete the class. Nobody's opinion is wrong. Everybody is welcome to add their guesses.

AU currently has 18 Commits.

QB - Kiehl Frazier

RB - Brent Calloway

RB/WR/KR - Quan Bray

WR - Kris Frost

WR - Jaylon Denson

WR - Sammie Coates

TE - C.J. Uzomah

OL - Greg Robinson

OL - Reese Dismukes

OL - Thomas O'Reilly

DE - Keymiya Harrell

DE/DT - JaBrian Niles

DT - Angelo Blackson

LB - Chris Landrum

LB - Justin Garrett

LB/S - Anthony Swain

CB - Jonathan Rose

CB/S - Robenson Therezie

Filling out the class.

OL - Christian Westerman

TE - Brandon Fulse

DE - Ray Drew

DT - Gabe Wright

S - Erique Florence

**Surprise #1**

**Surprise #2**

**Surprise #3**

That's 26. That's who I think we sign as of today.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would swap out Mason and put in Savon Huggins at RB.....I still have a good feeling with him. Maybe it just has to do with hoping he was watching last night.

:wareagle:  :wedance:  :trampoline:

How about a little recruiting discussion? I thought it'd be fun to see how everybody thinks the recruiting class will shape up. Most, if not all of the current commits have a solid chance of qualifying and getting into school, so AU will probably not sign many over the 25 scholarship number. Maybe 26 or 27. Here's a current list of our commits listed by the position where I believe they will begin their AU careers. After that, I'll predict who I think signs to complete the class. Add who you believe we get to complete the class. Nobody's opinion is wrong. Everybody is welcome to add their guesses.

I have AU at 18 commits, counting Kris Frost because he will enroll at AU tomorrow and be listed by all the sites. I also believe he will begin at WR where he's been recruited to play since Big Cat.

QB - Kiehl Frazier

RB - Brent Calloway

RB/WR/KR - Quan Bray

WR - Kris Frost

WR - Jaylon Denson

WR - Sammie Coates

TE - C.J. Uzomah

OL - Greg Robinson

OL - Reese Dismukes

OL - Thomas O'Reilly

DE - Keymiya Harrell

DE/DT - JaBrian Niles

DT - Angelo Blackson

LB - Chris Landrum

LB - Justin Garrett

LB/S - Anthony Swain

CB - Jonathan Rose

CB/S - Robenson Therezie

Filling out the class.

RB - Trey Mason

OL - Shon Coleman (Just enrolled, should count in this years numbers)

OL - Christian Westerman

TE - Brandon Fulse

DE - Ray Drew

DE - Devonte Sigler

DT - Gabe Wright

CB - Marcus Roberson

S - Erique Florence

If we're only able to sign 26, one of these guys would obviously go somewhere else due to not having room....I would think Sigler, but that's a guess.

Yeah. I hope we get Huggins too. One thing is for sure. We will know where Tre and SH commit in the next 2 and a half weeks.

I think we take all of those guys (Huggins OR Mason) because I think it's a good chance Coleman will count to next year's numbers, which would mean we would really only sign 26. If we drop one to get to 25, I think it would be Fulse or one of the d-linemen.

Mayor, I would really like to see Huggins instead of Mason (though I wouldn't complain). Why is it that you think it will be Mason over Huggins? Is it just gut feeling or things you've been hearing that point more towards Mason? oh, and how positive are you about Drew? I feel pretty good about him.

Is Huggins higher on the board than Mason?

Im going to guess Mason. I know he was very high on Auburn and Auburn wants him.

I think Mason is still the 2nd option if we miss on Huggins...and we still can't forget that Crowell is coming in to visit. Though it will be the same day Huggins is making his commitment announcement. So we will know how our RB board shapes out on the 28th I guess.

Personally though, and I have said it over and over, I WANT HUGGINS!!!

Mayor, that is what it looks like to me...  There are a few other possiblities.

Huggins picks us. (I think he stays closer to home)

Crowell picks us. (Which would be a total shocker because his interest in us hasn't ever seemed high)

Westerman stays with UT. (UT was his first love)

Fulse picks FSU. (There making a serious push for him but it seems he is all AU)

Drew picks UGA. (I think he would be making a big mistake if he did but wouldn't be the first time that has happened)

Others:

Ward picks us if we miss on Westerman. (Giant sleeper in the class)

Kouandjio picks us. (Would be the biggest, literally and physically, NSD surprise. National Championship, coaching staff and early playing time may have swayed him)

Region picks us, our staff says no, decommits, then LSU, their staff says no, decommits, then Wisconsin, decommits, then accepts greyshirt to play for bama.

Im going to guess Mason. I know he was very high on Auburn and Auburn wants him.

I think Mason is still the 2nd option if we miss on Huggins...and we still can't forget that Crowell is coming in to visit. Though it will be the same day Huggins is making his commitment announcement. So we will know how our RB board shapes out on the 28th I guess.

Guys, let's remember that Tre will probably be the first one of the 3 to commit. If he picks AU then that says he is at least as high on the coaches' board as SH.

Seems like Sigler has been on the fence about coming to AU.... might hurt him in the end. 

I don't know that he is on the fence...I think we are just working the numbers and he may not make it in due to that. Or maybe the coaches are working a surprise recruit and have told Sigler he may have to wait til NSD to find out for sure. Who knows at this point... :dunno:

Guys, let's remember that Tre will probably be the first one of the 3 to commit. If he picks AU then that says he is at least as high on the coaches' board as SH.

Has Tre announced any kind of commit date? I think the coaches may just have him holding off til they get some kind of word from Huggins. But that's just my opinion...

Seems like Sigler has been on the fence about coming to AU.... might hurt him in the end. 

He isn't on the fence at all. He is all AU! There is a reason he hasn't publicly committed yet.

Thanks for the post mayor, Your list looks great.  :thumbsup:

I am sure there will be a few changes but I will still be very happy with Auburn's 2011 recruiting class regardless.

War Eagle.

Yes or I believe Tre Mason would've publicly committed already.

Has Tre announced any kind of commit date? I think the coaches may just have him holding off til they get some kind of word from Huggins. But that's just my opinion...

I have not and do not expect Mason to commit til after his last OV to WVU on the 21st because he has public said he will not commit til after he takes all his visits.

Mayor, I would really like to see Huggins instead of Mason (though I wouldn't complain). Why is it that you think it will be Mason over Huggins? Is it just gut feeling or things you've been hearing that point more towards Mason? oh, and how positive are you about Drew? I feel pretty good about him.

It's just a gut feeling really on Huggins. I think Huggins being so far away and the fact that he has liked Rutgers so long may be too much. I don't know that for a fact, just basing it on gut. So, I think we'll take Mason instead and be as happy as a pig in slop. :)

Archived