Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westerman, Drew, Wright, Florence and Roberson but i would trade any two of those for Huggins if it were possible.

You can't be serious.

Westerman, Drew, Wright, Florence and Roberson but i would trade any two of those for Huggins if it were possible.

Not a chance. Much as I like Huggins, there aren't two players on that list that I want less than him...

That is kinda crazy, IMO. Huggins is great but not that great to swap any of those two for just him. Those five players are ALL very special players in their own right and I can't wait for them to be a part of our family.

Not a chance. Much as I like Huggins, there aren't two players on that list that I want less than him...

No kidding, all five of those players on that list could potentially be starting for us as soon as 2012 (or sooner in Wright and Florence's cases), Huggins would be behind Dyer until at least 2013. RB is a big need for depth, but isn't anywhere close to the pure need that DT, OL, or DB is.

I'm quite the opposite. I wouldn't trade any ONE of those for Huggins and I really like Huggins. However, when Mason is available it makes not getting Huggins not so bad. Also we will have some stud RB's to choose from next year. We have Bray and Calloway already. Where as we really need Wright, Florence, and Roberson the most as they fill needs. Westerman is very important to open up the holes for these RB's. Drew needs no explanation. Dude is a beast and a super guy.

No kidding, all five of those players on that list could potentially be starting for us as soon as 2012 (or sooner in Wright and Florence's cases), Huggins would be behind Dyer until at least 2013. RB is a big need for depth, but isn't anywhere close to the pure need that DT, OL, or DB is.

...Actually, I would give Westerman the best chance to start next year. With four spots open and his ability to play three of them, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him starting next year. For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as three true freshmen starting on the O-line next year (Dismukes, Westerman, and Robinson), though I think it will end up at two barring injury.

And Roberson has a shot to start as well; not as good of one, because Rose will have a head start on him (and is more a pure corner anyway), but he's the kind of player that has enough ability to take a spot away from somebody...though it's likely that if it happens for Marcus, it'll be mid-season sometime.

...Actually, I would give Westerman the best chance to start next year. With four spots open and his ability to play three of them, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him starting next year. For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as three true freshmen starting on the O-line next year (Dismukes, Westerman, and Robinson), though I think it will end up at two barring injury.

And Roberson has a shot to start as well; not as good of one, because Rose will have a head start on him (and is more a pure corner anyway), but he's the kind of player that has enough ability to take a spot away from somebody...though it's likely that if it happens for Marcus, it'll be mid-season sometime.

Oh definitely, I think any of those players a decent shot to be starting by mid season, and I think Dismukes probably has the best chance to be a starter from day one of any of our incoming players. If Neiko didn't lose his starting spot this year however, I don't see him losing it next unfortunately, so I only really see one CB spot up for grabs, and Bell has the inside shot, and I like Rose over Roberson both from a skill standpoint and the head start.

And yeah, the OL situation is totally up for grabs out side of Moseley locking down one OT spot I'd think. I'd be really surprised to see a true freshman OL starting from game one that wasn't an early entry player though. Wouldn't surprise me to see a non-EE true freshman OL starting by game 3-4 though.

Let's say you could have any 7 recruits that we are onto and on "their" board, who would it be?  Not who you think it will be necessarily, but if we could have the 7 "best case senario" commits.

Westerman

Kouandjio

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Crowell

Westerman

Collins

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Clowney

....If I had my pick.

Does anybody else get the feelin we snag Crowell gettin his last visit pretty sure got Wright locked up with this coachin staff anything can happen

I think Crowell is still a long shot but like you said, anything can happen with this staff.

Ya'll all know I am the President of the Savon Huggins fan club but even I can't agree with this^^^^

Without knowing anything about recruiting, I think it's highly unlikely for Dismukes start -- or better, that would be a sign of trouble.  Center in the SEC isn't just the adjustment to the guys you have to block, it's also making all the right calls in a new system and picking up stunts and so forth.

Without knowing anything about recruiting, I think it's highly unlikely for Dismukes start -- or better, that would be a sign of trouble.  Center in the SEC isn't just the adjustment to the guys you have to block, it's also making all the right calls in a new system and picking up stunts and so forth.

Pugh started at Center as a Freshman, all-be-it it was midway through the year before he got the Job....and with the candidates at Center in 2011, Reese has as good of a chance as any of them to start at center.

Let's say you could have any 7 recruits that we are onto and on "their" board, who would it be?  Not who you think it will be necessarily, but if we could have the 7 "best case senario" commits.

Westerman

Kouandjio

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Crowell

Westerman

Collins

Drew

Wright

Florence

Roberson

Clowney

....If I had my pick.

Mayor - No Running Back? 

Good Call on Clowney and Collins, but I left them off because I don't think we are really on "their board", but maybe we are.

Pugh started at RT not center as a freshman.  I do however believe Dismukes can and probably will be our starting center this year.  How good is Burgess?

Hi, ellitor.  Wouldn't that be a sign of trouble?  Pugh did fine as a freshman, but....

I stand Corrected. Pugh started at Tackle...Reese is a mean cuss between the whistles and will do just fine at Center. This is another reason I would prefer Trotter to Start over Kiehl at QB next season. Trotter can help Reese make the blocking calls at the line of scrimmage.

Pugh started at RT not center as a freshman.  I do however believe Dismukes can and probably will be our starting center this year.  How good is Burgess?

Burgess was a little small in the fall. I dont know where he stacks up currently. He's a bad dude

Archived