Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

Mayor, I would really like to see Huggins instead of Mason (though I wouldn't complain). Why is it that you think it will be Mason over Huggins? Is it just gut feeling or things you've been hearing that point more towards Mason? oh, and how positive are you about Drew? I feel pretty good about him.

Oh and on Drew...It's AU or UGA and I think it's 50/50. Cross your fingers.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mayor, that is what it looks like to me...  There are a few other possiblities.

Huggins picks us. (I think he stays closer to home)

Crowell picks us. (Which would be a total shocker because his interest in us hasn't ever seemed high)

Westerman stays with UT. (UT was his first love)

Fulse picks FSU. (There making a serious push for him but it seems he is all AU)

Drew picks UGA. (I think he would be making a big mistake if he did but wouldn't be the first time that has happened)

Others:

Ward picks us if we miss on Westerman. (Giant sleeper in the class)

Kouandjio picks us. (Would be the biggest, literally and physically, NSD surprise. National Championship, coaching staff and early playing time may have swayed him)

Region picks us, our staff says no, decommits, then LSU, their staff says no, decommits, then Wisconsin, decommits, then accepts greyshirt to play for bama.

That would definitly be interesting. Kouandjio would be a shocker.

Mayor, I would really like to see Huggins instead of Mason (though I wouldn't complain). Why is it that you think it will be Mason over Huggins? Is it just gut feeling or things you've been hearing that point more towards Mason? oh, and how positive are you about Drew? I feel pretty good about him.

I get the feeling though that it wouldn't break the bank if we didn't get Drew, or am I wrong? I know he's talented and all, and a potential/or is, a great leader. But I think he and Roberson go elsewhere.

I get the feeling though that it wouldn't break the bank if we didn't get Drew, or am I wrong? I know he's talented and all, and a potential/or is, a great leader. But I think he and Roberson go elsewhere.

It wouldn't kill the class if we didn't get Drew, but we definitly need him. He's just the kind of kid you want on your team. Total package. Good kid, smart, ubber talented.

I have not and do not expect Mason to commit til after his last OV to WVU on the 21st because he has public said he will not commit til after he takes all his visits.

Not sure why you quoted me because I've known Tre has said he will not commit until after he takes his visits. All I'm saying is, I believe if we didn't have RBs higher on our board that we were waiting on, Tre would've committed to us after his visit to AU. He loves AU and wants to be a part of this class that much. Tre is a great RB but he isn't the caliber of Huggins or Crowell. It is the same situation as Jeremy Hill. Our staff probably told him we were very interested in having him but he should take his visits and continue to enjoy the process, that we aren't ready to accept a commitment from him right now. Until our staff gets word of Huggins and Crowell's true intentions, we will keep a spot open for them. If Mason commits somewhere else, the writing will be on the wall about Huggins or Crowell's intentions to sign with us, just like the Hill and Calloway scenario.

Roberson go elsewhere? I don't see it happening. With Tubs and co. recruiting against UF, I would agree with you but we're a different recruiting beast with this staff. Roberson gives UF the big stiff arm and makes his mom happy by signing with us...

I have not and do not expect Mason to commit til after his last OV to WVU on the 21st because he has public said he will not commit til after he takes all his visits.

Not sure why you quoted me because I've known Tre has said he will not commit until after he takes his visits. All I'm saying is, I believe if we didn't have RBs higher on our board that we were waiting on, Tre would've committed to us after his visit to AU. He loves AU and wants to be a part of this class that much. Tre is a great RB but he isn't the caliber of Huggins or Crowell. It is the same situation as Jeremy Hill. Our staff probably told him we were very interested in having him but he should take his visits and continue to enjoy the process, that we aren't ready to accept a commitment from him right now. Until our staff gets word of Huggins and Crowell's true intentions, we will keep a spot open for them. If Mason commits somewhere else, the writing will be on the wall about Huggins or Crowell's intentions to sign with us, just like the Hill and Calloway scenario.

Not a public commitment from him anyway...  ;)

What about the RB from Louisiana who LSU and AU are both high on? I can't remember his name, but did he fall through the cracks and be a corndog?

Brent Calloway took Jeremy Hill's spot and Hill re-committed to LSU.

I just quoted the most recent post on that topic at that time.

One thing that might affect all this is if Les Miles decides to leave for Michigan.

He will stay at LSU(which I called btw because he would be beyond stupid if he chose to leave). Brady Hoke will be Michigan's next coach.

One thing that might affect all this is if Les Miles decides to leave for Michigan.

He will stay at LSU(which I called btw because he would be beyond stupid if he chose to leave). Brady Hoke will be Michigan's next coach.

I think Miles should stay... LSU has a whopping amount of talent there right now and very well could be in the hunt for the SEC West next year.

Drew has a chance to be just terrifying after getting coached up by Coach Rock. Imagine him, Lemonier, Whitaker, and Carter all on the same D-Line in a few years.

I am really hoping we get Ray Drew. He's one of my favorites this year. I think he'll be great and I sincerely hope he plays at Auburn University.

Seems like Sigler has been on the fence about coming to AU.... might hurt him in the end. 

He isn't on the fence at all. He is all AU! There is a reason he hasn't publicly committed yet.

I disagree.  Just my opinion though.  I think Sigler gets left out.  Replace Mason with SH.

I think Mason is the safe pick, and those of you who have heard me talk about him know that I would LOVE that, but I do think both Huggins and Crowell are higher on the coaches' board. Either way, Mason should give us an indication of what's going to happen by whether or not he commits to Auburn after his final visit. If he commits to us, then it's obvious either he's higher on the board than we give him credit for or he is the highest on the board who is on board, so to speak. If he commits elsewhere, we get Huggins or Crowell, because he's not going anywhere else if he can come to Auburn. If he delays his announcement, then we're waiting on Huggins and/or Crowell to decide.

I do think we get both Drew and Roberson, and I think both get their fifth star on rivals. Same with Westerman, on both counts. (On the topic of stars, for some reason I get the sneaky suspicion that Greg Robinson will not get a fifth star.)

I also think Coleman counts toward next year.

TIFWIW

Its a great feeling to have so many great athletes that want to come to Auburn. Its a shame we don't have enough scholarships for them all. The way this staff recruits, it is only gonna get better. What a great position to be in.

Seems like Sigler has been on the fence about coming to AU.... might hurt him in the end. 

He isn't on the fence at all. He is all AU! There is a reason he hasn't publicly committed yet.

I disagree.  Just my opinion though.  I think Sigler gets left out.  Replace Mason with SH.

I was meaning he wants to be a part of this class, not that he would be for sure.

I hope we can pull huggins that would be sweet.These silient commits need to get a move on b/c there is alot more gonna be knockn the door down now that were 2011 National Champions :we::wedance:

Archived