Isaiah Crowell Update

AUSportTalk

It appears that AU will be a huge player for Crowell. His official visit to the Plains will go a long way on where he ends up. One source tells me that he is down to AU and UA and UGA is bringing up the rear. Things could change with him growing up a big UGA fan but things look very good for AU right now.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. That would get crazy.

I know Crowell will probably be a NSD decision, but it seems like our other RB targets will all decide before then. What happens if we don't get Crowell, esp. since Tre Mason and Huggins are supposed to announce before Crowell?

Wow. That would get crazy.

I know Crowell will probably be a NSD decision, but it seems like our other RB targets will all decide before then. What happens if we don't get Crowell, esp. since Tre Mason and Huggins are supposed to announce before Crowell?

I trust the coaches. They will know a lot more after the month is out. They will have a couple days to close in on others. I would say we end up with Crowell or Huggins at the end of the day. Mason appears to be a back up plan right now.

It appears that AU will be a huge player for Crowell. His official visit to the Plains will go a long way on where he ends up. One source tells me that he is down to AU and UA and UGA is bringing up the rear. Things could change with him growing up a big UGA fan but things look very good for AU right now.

That probably explains why the Alabama people are now desperately trying to bad mouth Auburn to Crowell. Hopefully he'll see through their smears.

His running style is perfect for our offense. He could be a top draft pick if he came here.

What do his remaining visits look like?

Alabama this weekend, Georgia next and Auburn the final weekend of the month

It's been said that Coach Luper was pretty emphatic on getting Crowell's final official...

Luper emphatically wanted Crowell to visit the 28th, the last weekend of the recruiting year. This is a very big deal.

Well doesn't that line up nicely? Seems like we should learn a lot in next few weeks.  Thanks for the updates, ST.

Compare any other SEC school on running back development - current staffing - and Auburn's is the best, hands down.

Look at the development of Dyer this year. He wasn't overused. He grew stronger - more quickly than they wanted with Fannin's issues - and only set the mark Bo Jackson set during his Heisman career. He ends the season with 1093.

Many good things are coming . . .

Compare any other SEC school on running back development - current staffing - and Auburn's is the best, hands down.

Look at the development of Dyer this year. He wasn't overused. He grew stronger - more quickly than they wanted with Fannin's issues - and only set the mark Bo Jackson set during his Heisman career. He ends the season with 1093.

Many good things are coming . . .

Dyer COULD hit 5,000 if he stays four years.

Thats great news!!! As always thanks for the information. Hart's commiting to UAT early has to help our cause.

It's been said that Coach Luper was pretty emphatic on getting Crowell's final official...

Luper emphatically wanted Crowell to visit the 28th, the last weekend of the recruiting year. This is a very big deal.

Since the beginning of his recruitment of Crowell, Coach Luper told Crowell to keep his last recruiting weekend open so he could visit Auburn. This is a big deal. Auburn stands to gain a lot of ground going into the final half-week before NSD.

I need to make sure I understand this correctly. UGA is now 3rd for Crowell and it's between us and UA for him? I know some things can't be said but what changed? He hasn't been on his last visit yet. We are national champions. Perhaps that is it? I'm thrilled but really scratching my head here. It at times has seen as though he has zero interest in us. I think most UGA people feel like he's a lock and currently a silent to them. IF we land him I will be as surprised as when BC committed to us. I still can't believe that one....hahaha  :we:

Yea,right and Calloway may commit to AU...OH WAITE A MINUTE... ;D:we:

I need to make sure I understand this correctly. UGA is now 3rd for Crowell and it's between us and UA for him? I know some things can't be said but what changed? He hasn't been on his last visit yet. We are national champions. Perhaps that is it? I'm thrilled but really scratching my head here. It at times has seen as though he has zero interest in us. I think most UGA people feel like he's a lock and currently a silent to them. IF we land him I will be as surprised as when BC committed to us. I still can't believe that one....hahaha   :we:

I dont remember they exact thing that happened, but it seemed like something happened between Gabe Wright and either th GA coaches or fans that caused him to be ticked off at them, and said good luck with getting Crowell as well.  I just going by what I think I remember someone saying on a thread.

Archived