Isaiah Crowell Update

AUSportTalk

Whiz

I agree. It semed like he was not into Auburn. Auburn's NC open his eyes ? Auburn's NC offset some of the negative recruiting going on ? Did BC's commit to Auburn open his eyes ? Has BC spoken with Callaway ? If so, he could certainly give some inside scoop on what bama is really about. After the Lattimore switch last year (and he loved Auburn/coaches) I will just wait and see. IC could certainly help make up some for missing Lattimore. Can you imagine Dyer, Omac, BC & IC as 2011 weapons in the BF ? WOW !

War Eagle !

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This new info on IC is why you should never bad mouth potential recruits. You never truly know where you stand with them.

Well that and because most of us are grown. There should never be any justification for bad mouthing a recruit(17-18 year olds), whether they're potentially ours or headed somewhere else. We're better than that. Unless their initials are SR, then feel free.  :laugh:  Just joking.  

Whiz

I agree. It semed like he was not into Auburn. Auburn's NC open his eyes ? Auburn's NC offset some of the negative recruiting going on ? Did BC's commit to Auburn open his eyes ? Has BC spoken with Callaway ? If so, he could certainly give some inside scoop on what bama is really about. After the Lattimore switch last year (and he loved Auburn/coaches) I will just wait and see. IC could certainly help make up some for missing Lattimore. Can you imagine Dyer, Omac, BC & IC as 2011 weapons in the BF ? WOW !

War Eagle !

Winning a NC couldn't hurt. I did read about the FB thing. That's interesting for sure. Perhaps Calloway did get in his ear. Would he want that kind of competition at RB? That still doesn't explain why he would put UGA 3rd. I guess I just don't understand recruiting. When I go and visit and learn about the school I will either have interest or I won't. It seemed like he just didn't have interest and I can respect that. How does that change this late in the game? I'm not complaining because I'd love to have him. It's just a game I still have to learn how it's played.

Is IC the number one RB on all major recruiting sights?  (ESPN, Scout, Rivals)  Also, I just have to say WOW... Gus will have his way with defenses with all of the weapons he is getting.  It's not even fair  :thumbsup:

ST I think I read on ESPN that Huggins was set to announce the 28th is this correct?? and if so would you expect that to tell us what chance we have with Crowell?

at the very least makes me feel good ab Wright...I have never had a great read on him...always joking around

Well if you looked at his facebook picture you would feel good about him. In it, he and dismukes are giving a clue.  :we:

Winning a NC couldn't hurt. I did read about the FB thing. That's interesting for sure. Perhaps Calloway did get in his ear. Would he want that kind of competition at RB? That still doesn't explain why he would put UGA 3rd. I guess I just don't understand recruiting. When I go and visit and learn about the school I will either have interest or I won't. It seemed like he just didn't have interest and I can respect that. How does that change this late in the game? I'm not complaining because I'd love to have him. It's just a game I still have to learn how it's played.

I just think IC has had interest in Auburn longer than we realize. I am starting to think he was playing possum with uat and uga to some extent.

I just think IC has had interest in Auburn longer than we realize. I am starting to think he was playing possum with uat and uga to some extent.

I'd love for that to be the case.  The kids a stud.

at the very least makes me feel good ab Wright...I have never had a great read on him...always joking around

Well if you looked at his facebook picture you would feel good about him. In it, he and dismukes are giving a clue.  :we:

What's in the picture?

What's in the picture?

Well he just changed it but it was him and Reese at UAAAG events with Reese sticking his tongue out in a silly smile as he was pointing at the AU hat on Gabe's head as Gabe was saying SHHH...to insinuate Gabe is a silent to Auburn.

He would certainly be a great pick up for Auburn....I could see him wanting to go to UGA, because he could play right away...and probably Auburn for the same reason....but WHY would he want to go to UAt to sit along with the other dozen they already have??? makes no sense to me Satan or not.

He would certainly be a great pick up for Auburn....I could see him wanting to go to UGA, because he could play right away...and probably Auburn for the same reason....but WHY would he want to go to UAt to sit along with the other dozen they already have??? makes no sense to me Satan or not.

If Crowell goes to uat he would be sharing carries with richardson. Hart and Lacy would be the guys sitting on the bench.

IC is the lone 5* of the RBs in this class.

He is not he lone 5*

#1 Brown

#2 Crowell

#3 Green

#4 Bellamy

#5 Huggins

#6 williams

#7 sims

in that order on Scout are all 5*

#1 Crowell

#2 Brown

#3 Green

in that order on ESPN are 5*

#1 Malcolm Brown

#2 Mike Bellamy

#3 Brandon Williams

Are 5* according to rivals

4* according to rivals

#4 Kenny Hilliard

#5 Isaiah Crowell

Honestly, Bellamy didnt impress me much in the All Star game.

To small.

and not really shifty enough to make up for it. I agree, very good player with potential, but 5 star is stretching it IMO. One thing to remember about the all star games is that the defense always has the upper hand, so even if the offensive players are the best in their class, they may not get the chance to showcase it in the game. For all we know, Bellamy may have been a shoestring away from breaking a long run, and one O-lineman just didn't hold his block for that split second that he needed. Crowell didn't really have the showing that I expected either, Huggins kinda stole the show in the red team running the ball, but that doesn't mean that Crowell isn't the best back. For that matter, Brown is a beast, and I don't remember him doing much of anything at the army game.

I think that's way the all star practices are really more important to scouts.

If Crowell goes to uat he would be sharing carries with richardson. Hart and Lacy would be the guys sitting on the bench.

maybe, my point was there are people there..even if they are sitting, they may be pushing him...and there are others.

UGA has nobody and we have Dyer (everydown back), but nobody behind him....except Calloway now...if that works vs. LB.

To small.

I heard he was arguing with coaches at the All Star game. Thats a good way of getting ran all practice just to watch the game on saturday from the sidelines.

Guest Hermes Conrad

To small.

Really he reminded me 100% of OMac even down to the style of running. He will do well in college but probably never make it to the pros. Which is the same fear I have for Omac.

Guest Hermes Conrad

maybe, my point was there are people there..even if they are sitting, they may be pushing him...and there are others.

UGA has nobody and we have Dyer (everydown back), but nobody behind him....except Calloway now...if that works vs. LB.

With Cam leaving 250 carries just opened up. Dyer will get those 250 next year and have 1500 yard season. But Dyer's 150 carries from this year are now opwn. Calloway will compete for ptcarreis with whomever we sign at RB. Them the loser will mostly likely move. It is great to have competiton at all starting spots agin.

The offense will change a little bit without Cam.  I doubt we have as many designed QB runs, and I doubt all of them become "hand to a tailback" run.  I see a lot more pitch and short passes to fill that gap.

Washawnn Ealy and Caleb King aren't exactly nobody

Archived