New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn offered to greyshirt him, because they don't have room. This means he will enroll, but not receive his scholarship until next year, or if there's class attrition they could offer the extra scholarship. The parents will have to pay tuition until he receives the scholarship. And he cannot play until he gets the scholarship, but can practice and workout with the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I'm not 100% sure on all of that

Auburn offered to greyshirt him, because they don't have room. This means he will enroll, but not receive his scholarship until next year, or if there's class attrition they could offer the extra scholarship. The parents will have to pay tuition until he receives the scholarship. And he cannot play until he gets the scholarship, but can practice and workout with the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I'm not 100% sure on all of that

You are correct.  I'd just like to know if he is going to take the grey shirt. I figured with Michigan having a coach and probably offering a full ride he'd go there.

Where have I been?  I thought the all these rumors about no room were squashed and that he was in.  This was a big get for us IMO, what has changed?

There is no proof that Frost has accepted a Grayshirt.  If he had, he could still be a "commit", right?  Am I assuming too much?

With the news of Cam leaving does this open up a spot for Frost?  If not what needs to happen for him to fit?

Cam leaving has nothing to do with the room in this class.  We aren't up against the 85 limit, we are up against the 25 signees per year. 

Where have I been?  I thought the all these rumors about no room were squashed and that he was in.  This was a big get for us IMO, what has changed?

It is sounding llike the rumors had a lot of validity to them contrary to what some on this board reported.  Nobody is right all the time.  I still think we end up with Kris on scholarship in the fall, but I am not as sure as many others here. 

Someone explain to me how you offer a kid a scholorship and then he commits and then you decide to Grayshirt?  If you are telling me every player in our class will qualify I am calling you NUts.!

Someone explain to me how you offer a kid a scholorship and then he commits and then you decide to Grayshirt?  If you are telling me every player in our class will qualify I am calling you NUts.!

Chizik usually doesn't recruit players who have academic problems. It's very likely that every recruit will qualify

I am confused on the scholarship numbers...if we signed 25 last year, how does Shon count into this year...what about departure of Gayden---maybe he went to '09 if a Jan. enrollee...and what about the three, besides Shon that enrolled?...just finding it hard to believe our contingency for someone like KF is a grey shirt.

I am confused on the scholarship numbers...if we signed 25 last year, how does Shon count into this year...what about departure of Gayden---maybe he went to '09 if a Jan. enrollee...and what about the three, besides Shon that enrolled?...just finding it hard to believe our contingency for someone like KF is a grey shirt.

We actually signed 32, but 5 counted back to the previous year and 2 didn't make it in the fall - Shon Coleman and the big receiver (Jeremy Richardson?).

It could happen this way - you offer a scholarship, he tells you he's going somewhere else, you offer it to someone else, he changes his mind but it's too late.

Call me nuts then. Our staff has made it a top priority to recruit players that will make the grades. Bottom line. Kris told the coaches he was going to Michigan so our staff moved on. That isn't our staff's fault and it isn't his either. It is just unfortunate since he changed his mind but don't think our staff didn't properly inform him every step of the way. It is really becoming annoying to hear one member after another call out our coaching staff, like it is their first day on the job or like their careers doesn't depend on what decisions they make everyday. Can you just stop and think before you post about what the coaching staff knows compared to you as a fan? I swear! We sure do have some people that think they know more than our staff and whats best for our program, the same people that don't use any reasoning or simple logic. If we don't have room, we don't have room and that should tell you everything you need to know. Goodness...  Sorry, rant over.

Call me nuts then. Our staff has made it a top priority to recruit players that will make the grades. Bottom line. Kris told the coaches he was going to Michigan so our staff moved on. That isn't our staff's fault and it isn't his either. It is just unfortunate since he changed his mind but don't think our staff didn't properly inform him every step of the way. It is really becoming annoying to hear one member after another call out our coaching staff, like it is their first day on the job or like their careers doesn't depend on what decisions they make everyday. Can you just stop and think before you post about what the coaching staff knows compared to you as a fan? I swear! We sure do have some people that think they know more than our staff and whats best for our program, the same people that don't use any reasoning or simple logic. If we don't have room, we don't have room and that should tell you everything you need to know. Goodness...  Sorry, rant over.

Damn good rant!!

wde

If Coach Grimes leaves, will we lose any OL recruits? and would that open any spots for KF?

Two of our three current OL recruits are already enrolled (Dismukes and O'Reilly).  Greg Robinson is the other recruit and he is best friends with our Trovon Reed so I dont he would decommit because of Grimes.

Archived