New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

I've read on here several times by the mods that KF will be an AU tiger. Is that still the case? Will he take a grey shirt or do we have a different plan?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read on here several times by the mods that KF will be an AU tiger. Is that still the case? Will he take a grey shirt or do we have a different plan?

no one "in the know" will say anything, so who knows....   :banghead:

There might be a reason for it........nobody knows.

From my understanding, he may be rethinking things at the moment. When he announced, Kris and his family said his decision was final and they would do whatever necessary to be at AU but since then, there have been reports that he may be taking a further look around since he didn't enroll early. My thinking is that he still wants to be at AU and he will take some visits(including AU) to scope things out. I'm thinking he will wait till NSD to see how our class shakes out, to see if we have a late scholly come open by missing on someone our staff is holding it for. If we get everyone our staff thinks we will, Kris and his family will have to weigh their options of taking a greyshirt to be at AU or taking a full ride and attending another university. That is my best guess right now but for this late in the game, a number of different things could take place.

There might be a reason for it........nobody knows.

Exactly

I just hope we didn't turn him away, thinking we had someone else locked up, like Westerman or Roberson, and then not get any of them. Let's look at this situation objectively for just a min. If the rumors of CJG leaving are true, then CW could stick with his UT commitment, I mean technically he's never de-commited anyway, right?... and/or IF UF flips MR, and he decides to stay closer to home, where does that leave us then? Not saying any of this will happen, but there is that old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".... and before anyone starts ranting about trusting our coaches, I do. I just really want KF in this class. He seems like a high character kid with tremendous  upside at multiple positions, and REALLY reminded me of a Karlos Dansby type player....

Oh, and I forgot to say that when our mods said Kris would be an AU Tiger, he and his family said that was the case and they would do whatever it took to be at AU. Meaning they would take a greyshirt if necessary since that is what our staff informed them of before he committed. Things can change from one day to the next so just because the mods may have said something in total faith and understanding, doesn't mean it couldn't change the very next day, which is out of their control.

Oh, and I forgot to say that when our mods said Kris would be an AU Tiger, he and his family said that was the case and they would do whatever it took to be at AU. Meaning they would take a greyshirt if necessary since that is what our staff informed them of before he committed. Things can change from one day to the next so just because the mods may have said something in total faith and understanding, doesn't mean it couldn't change the very next day, which is out of their control.

I completely understand that. They must have had some pretty strong information to have said some if the things that were said. I mean Big Bird said something to the effect of If KF isn't an AU tiger then I won't post here anymore. I surely hope that will not be the case as I love me some BB. However the statement wasnt to be taken literally but to show how strongly he felt about KF signing. I'm just wondering if the same confidence is there now or if there is some doubt. I'm not here to hang anyone. People change their minds all the time.

I just hope we didn't turn him away, thinking we had someone else locked up, like Westerman or Roberson, and then not get any of them. Let's look at this situation objectively for just a min. If the rumors of CJG leaving are true, then CW could stick with his UT commitment, I mean technically he's never de-commited anyway, right?... and/or IF UF flips MR, and he decides to stay closer to home, where does that leave us then? Not saying any of this will happen, but there is that old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".... and before anyone starts ranting about trusting our coaches, I do. I just really want KF in this class. He seems like a high character kid with tremendous  upside at multiple positions, and REALLY reminded me of a Karlos Dansby type player....

I totally understand your post because your wondering what exactly is going to happen, not like "What are the coaches doing, can't tell me there's no room!" I agree, he reminds me a lot of Dansby as well and I've used that exact reference before. There could be a situation where a scholly becomes open and I'm sure Kris would be one of the first to know. I'm sure we just didn't completely turn him away.

If we do not get Westerman then most people think we will get the o-lineman Ward.  And that would be good since we need o-lineman. I still hope there is somehowe room for frost because i believe he is one of the best we have commited in this class, as a player and person.  But do not fault the coaches, you should actually be proud of them for not pulling a Saban and dropping a lesser player to include him. I for one commend them.  I  choose to trust the coaches and believe we have all our spots locked up with quality players.  I mean the coaches are not stupid. If we had a completely open spot then the coaches would give it to him regardless.

Couldnt he play this year and be considered a walk on and then get his scholly next year?

That costs a lot more money per semester than him going part time.

Mike Farrell said this morning on Rivals Radio that KF was taking an official visit to AU this w/e and if all goes well he will be listed on the commitment list by the end of the w/e.  I don't know if that means he'll accept the greyshirt or if it's a full scholly offer.

Someone explain to me how you offer a kid a scholorship and then he commits and then you decide to Grayshirt?  If you are telling me every player in our class will qualify I am calling you NUts.!

It could happen this way - you offer a scholarship, he tells you he's going somewhere else, you offer it to someone else, he changes his mind but it's too late.

This is what happened here.

I think the MODS silence on this issue is telling!

I don't. I think nobody outside the Frost household knows what is happening. So there is nothing for the Mods to say unless there is something substantial.

The MODs have lives, too.  Think how much time you, I, and the guy next to us are on Auburn Eagle.  Then go look at some of the MODs stats.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=stats

ST 78 days+ on AE.

Now think about the time ST spends gathering and verifying information...

Now think about how ST gets the money to keep this site running without making me pay even 1/10 of a cent...

Apply to all MODs and you will see similar results.  Put it in perspective- about 16 days on AE for me.  And I'm on here a lot.

Have I made my point?  We, AE member come here for information anytime we want.  The MODs do a very good job at ensuring the information we get is as valid and as new as possible.  Thank you, MODs.

The MODs have lives, too.  Think how much time you, I, and the guy next to us are on Auburn Eagle.  Then go look at some of the MODs stats.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=stats

ST 78 days+ on AE.

Now think about the time ST spends gathering and verifying information...

Now think about how ST gets the money to keep this site running without making me pay even 1/10 of a cent...

Apply to all MODs and you will see similar results.

Have I made my point?  We, AE member come here for information anytime we want.  The MODs do a very good job at ensuring the information we get is as valid and as new as possible.  Thank you, MODs.

You are missing my point. I was not insinuating that the MODS were being slack. In my original post on this thread, I was asking if the MODS knew what was going on with the Frost situation. I have already read the many posts of others speculating on the situation.

But we should be able to count some back to last class with the early enrolees right?

No. They will be 2011 enrollees. They don`t count back.

Mods are people too!!!!!!!!!!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

In the words of a great AU man- "You are so right, Carl."

Maybe we should declare an official, "Be Kind to AE MODS Day", or something...

But we should be able to count some back to last class with the early enrolees right?

No. They will be 2011 enrollees. They don`t count back.

It was posted earlier but they can not count back because we had a full 25 sign last year. If we did not have a full 25 then they could count back to the 2010 class.

Auburn offered to greyshirt him, because they don't have room. This means he will enroll, but not receive his scholarship until next year, or if there's class attrition they could offer the extra scholarship. The parents will have to pay tuition until he receives the scholarship. And he cannot play until he gets the scholarship, but can practice and workout with the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I'm not 100% sure on all of that

A greyshirt cannot practice or workout or have any football type contact while a greyshirt. They are a part-time student and part-time students can`t participate in sports.

Looks to me like the Mods were caught by surprise too.  To be frank, they resisted the reports/tweets/whatever that suggested there was a problem.  So we're all basically sitting and hoping that this young man really, really loves Auburn and that things will work out in such a way that everyone wins.  I don't exactly know what that would mean, though.

Archived