New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

'Looking more and more like Kris will be going elsewhere, folks.

There is a silver lining to the bad news. That means we are getting the people we want to fill the class out. It looks like we are going to lose out on CW so I thought KF might get his spot but perhaps it will go to Ward.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that is sad to hear. Big time recruiting is a game with high stakes and so many moving parts, things like this are bond to happen I guess. As long as the coaches are handling the situation with integrity and always doing the right thing (which we should all know that they are), I will be happy with whoever they chose to sign. Hopefully, if he does end up going somewhere else, and then AU signs someone in his place that maybe doesn't line up with his Rivals rating, we will all understand that it is a matter of honesty, not talent, that drove our coaches' decision. I just hope that on signing day we don't have the discussion of "I can't believe we took this guy when we could have given his scholly to Kris Frost".  

Man that is sad to hear. Big time recruiting is a game with high stakes and so many moving parts, things like this are bond to happen I guess. As long as the coaches are handling the situation with integrity and always doing the right thing (which we should all know that they are), I will be happy with whoever they chose to sign. Hopefully, if he does end up going somewhere else, and then AU signs someone in his place that maybe doesn't line up with his Rivals rating, we will all understand that it is a matter of honesty, not talent, that drove our coaches' decision. I just hope that on signing day we don't have the discussion of "I can't believe we took this guy when we could have given his scholly to Kris Frost".  

My thoughts exactly......I don't want to look back on this and wonder what might have been

On the bright side... who would have thought, 3 years ago, that we'd be in a position where we were having to carefully choose which top tier players we were going to take, because we had to many intrested to fit in one class?

kf is a great hs player so to say we dont have room for him is good news to me. that means we have better or more needed guys. is brady hoke not all over this guy? he needs players worst than we do and kf is a fan seems like if he can half way recruit he could pull frost easily.

I really believe that Kris told the coaches he was going to Michigan, the coaches moved on and then told Kris not to commit to them at the All-American game, and he decided to do so anyways. I wish him the best of luck and I know he'll be a great player elsewhere, but I understand the coaches' decision. If there's no room, there's no room. We're done at LB/WR for this class.

JS said this 2 hours ago.

Wow. Kris Frost is a ball player. He's going to be great somewhere. Wish we could figure out how to make room for him. To speak to a couple of comments, I guarantee you that we will have quite a few players we sign, probably even some not committed yet, that are lower ranked than Kris. I think he scores a 6.0 on Rivals, and like I said, he is definitely a ball player. Man, I hate that we can't make room for him.

Well I just hope he does not go to his #3 choice LSU. I would not want to see him for 4 years after all this even though our coaches did handle it right.

If there is no scholly available for Frost then it follows logically that Westerman is coming to AU and by extension Grimes will be back next year.  Simple blue and orange deduction.

I really believe that Kris told the coaches he was going to Michigan, the coaches moved on and then told Kris not to commit to them at the All-American game, and he decided to do so anyways. I wish him the best of luck and I know he'll be a great player elsewhere, but I understand the coaches' decision. If there's no room, there's no room. We're done at LB/WR for this class.

JS said this 2 hours ago.

Yeah, I know, and other folks have been saying it too. There just still seems to be some confusion over what has happened and why our coaches would turn down a talent like him.

Wow. Kris Frost is a ball player. He's going to be great somewhere. Wish we could figure out how to make room for him. To speak to a couple of comments, I guarantee you that we will have quite a few players we sign, probably even some not committed yet, that are lower ranked than Kris. I think he scores a 6.0 on Rivals, and like I said, he is definitely a ball player. Man, I hate that we can't make room for him.

rankings are not everything...and this comes from the human recruitings rankings calculator.

Where is he going??

And what happened to the opinion that Kris and his parents were going to do whatever it took to get Kris on AUBURN's football team

His parents may be the only ones that can answer that one.

Where is he going??

And what happened to the opinion that Kris and his parents were going to do whatever it took to get Kris on AUBURN's football team

Recruiting is like a fart in the wind. It stinks and changes direction constantly.

Where is he going??

Recruiting is like a fart in the wind. It stinks and changes direction constantly.

Even moreso with Nut's class of 37. He farted on all of college football with that one.

Looks like Bryan Matthews knew what he was talking about. What a shame, Kris looked like he could be a major difference maker on defense for us.

Looks like Bryan Matthews knew what he was talking about. What a shame, Kris looked like he could be a major difference maker on defense for us.

I do feel for him but this was Kris's responsibility. He saw how UM was spiraling down the last 7 games and still went against his parent's wishes and decommitted (yes he was a silent) from AU to UM despite seeing the writing on the wall for RichRod.

mark my words,.. We will look back and go  :dunno: WTF?  :dunno: for not locking  this kid down,....

mark my words,.. We will look back and go  :dunno: WTF?  :dunno: for not locking  this kid down,....

I won't even if he becomes the an all-american and the #1 pick in the draft because he has to learn he can not go back on his commitments...and to take him with a scholly then our coaches would have to go back on a commitment as well and they are not going to do that.

EDIT: We had him locked down. He changed his mind.

I love all our recruits, and I know that our coaches wouldn't stoop to the level of going back on an offer to a kid, but GOSH anyone would take Frost over our other 2 LB recruits anyday if you had to choose!  Hope it works out for KF. 

:wareagle:

I love all our recruits, and I know that our coaches wouldn't stoop to the level of going back on an offer to a kid, but GOSH anyone would take Frost over our other 2 LB recruits anyday if you had to choose!  Hope it works out for KF. 

:wareagle:

Are you putting down Landrum and garrett?  I would take them in a heartbeat because they are both very talented and they are true AU men and never wavered in their decisions.

Archived