Updated: 3:50 1-20-11 Potential earth shattering recruiting news........

AUSportTalk

in my very unlearned opinion,coupled with a very uneducated guess and reading of the tea leaves, i think its malcomn brown out of texas.....don't ask why i say that because i cannot give a coherent answer or reason for thinking that....i just have a hunch

I just can't see this happening. I really can't see Chizik just trying to pick on UT, with his respect that he has for Mack Brown.

He could be returning the favor after CMB tried to get Grimes. Showing him not to mess with him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my very unlearned opinion,coupled with a very uneducated guess and reading of the tea leaves, i think its malcomn brown out of texas.....don't ask why i say that because i cannot give a coherent answer or reason for thinking that....i just have a hunch

I just can't see this happening. I really can't see Chizik just trying to pick on UT, with his respect that he has for Mack Brown.

Chrisitian Westermann ring a bell?  :laugh:

That would require Saban granting a release to his brother and I doubt he would allow him to go to an SEC school.

No it wouldn't. The release is required if he doesn't want to lose a year of eligibility. If a player transfers from one FBS school to another, he will have to sit out a year either way, but with a release he maintains the same amount of eligibility. Without a release, he loses a year.

That having been said, Saban would never grant the release, as you mentioned, so I strongly doubt it would happen. More likely, brothers would simply play for two rival teams, much like Eric (Auburn) and Petey (bammer) Smith.

That's not to say CK will sign with AU (much as I hope he does), but rather that his brother will not transfer.

Is South Carolina saving any room for Clowney?  Heck they got 30 verbals already

Plus they have open offers pending for Clowney, Brandon Shell, and Phillip Dukes... that would put them at 33 if all 3 signed with South Carolina.

I was being more sarcastic about them saving room for Clowney.... I just saw the numbers are very high and never really looked at it before.  South Carolina is going to be pretty good this year with what they have coming back.

got-it, I think the South Carolina will prob win the SEC-East next season depending on what Ten, UGAly, and the new and improved gators look like.

One question.

What exactly makes the Gators "new and improved"?

Just askin?

Lookin thru Gator Glasses,  :laugh: I think that the Weis hire for OC was a bad idea....

If it is in fact someone committed to another or thought to be a lock to another school then my guess is the news won't break until next Friday at the earliest. This person would almost have to be an unknown visitor for next weekend and with the dead period starting Sunday no other coaching staff could legally contact him and try to sway him back.

If it is in fact someone committed to another or thought to be a lock to another school then my guess is the news won't break until next Friday at the earliest. This person would almost have to be an unknown visitor for next weekend and with the dead period starting Sunday no other coaching staff could legally contact him and try to sway him back.

Interesting that there would be a dead period 1 week prior to signing day and another recruiting weekend coming up.  That doesn't make sense especially being the off season.

That would require Saban granting a release to his brother and I doubt he would allow him to go to an SEC school.

No it wouldn't. The release is required if he doesn't want to lose a year of eligibility. If a player transfers from one FBS school to another, he will have to sit out a year either way, but with a release he maintains the same amount of eligibility. Without a release, he loses a year.

That having been said, Saban would never grant the release, as you mentioned, so I strongly doubt it would happen. More likely, brothers would simply play for two rival teams, much like Eric (Auburn) and Petey (bammer) Smith.

That's not to say CK will sign with AU (much as I hope he does), but rather that his brother will not transfer.

That's just not true.  You lose 2 years with no release, 1 with a release.

lol do y'all really think we have a remote chance at getting Malcolm Brown?

Interesting that there would be a dead period 1 week prior to signing day and another recruiting weekend coming up.  That doesn't make sense especially being the off season.

By next Friday I meant the 28th with the dead period starting on Sunday the 30th.

Don't mean to be a debbie downer but with how epic this thread has become it will be a drag if it doesn't happen.

None the less we will have a great class none the less.

From the Department of Redundancy Department.... :tease:

OF COURSE!  It would be dumb to think otherwise.

This is just my opinion, but I think we have two chances. Slim and ...........  I know we have a great coaching staff that can recruit their behinds off, and I have beyond ultimate faith in them, but............

This is just my opinion, but I think we have two chances. Slim and ...........  I know we have a great coaching staff that can recruit their behinds off, and I have beyond ultimate faith in them, but............

How 'bout this?

We will have the number ONE offensive line class for the second year in a row.

That means that in 2012 our 2nd team OL will probably be better than 95% of the OL's in the country.

A freshman RB just ran for nearly 1,100 yards this year.

Jeff Grimes will be coaching them.

Gus Malzahn will be coaching them.

Why would a good RB NOT want to be part of that???    :dunno:

I'm thinking that if we delete all the "ST already said that Westerman was not the news" post we would only have 45 pages :dunno:

Haha then also delete the ones that say "Is the earth shattering news Westerman committing?" and you'll be down to about 5 posts :P

How 'bout this?

We will have the number ONE offensive line class for the second year in a row.

That means that in 2012 our 2nd team OL will probably be better than 95% of the OL's in the country.

A freshman RB just ran for nearly 1,100 yards this year.

Jeff Grimes will be coaching them.

Gus Malzahn will be coaching them.

Why would a good RB NOT want to be part of that???    :dunno:

And Auburn is RB U, but just like the Lattimore deal, it's hard when people are set on going to a University when they are 10 years old, and get that opportunity. I mean we are talking about Texas, UT, they aren't exactly Vandy. Just like if he grew up an Auburn fan, there is no way somebody could pull him away from us. Not even our staff can get every player they want. That's just how it is.

With Dee Hart enrolled at Bama I REALLY hope he isn't who this thread is about.

Yeah that would suck... of course, we knew from the beginning that we were only talking about possibilities, not sure things. It will suck big time if whatever this thread is about doesn't end up happening.

Even if it falls through, this thread has been fun  :thumbsup:

Archived