Congratulations and Respect.

GeauxTigers

Congratulations and respect to Auburn.

Needless to say I’m extremely disappointed in the result and the way my Tigers played yesterday. Our coaching (mostly Jimbo) has been very disappointing this year and in my opinion has really let our players down.

A few thoughts that are floating around in my head.

* Campbell is 10x the quarterback Randall is or ever will be.

* Borges scheme is fun to watch and can be really good although he may try to get a little too cutesy sometimes.

* Ronnie and Caddy are both very good and run very hard.

* LSU’s defense did a great job holding Auburn to 10 points considering how great Caddy and Ronnie are and the fact that they missed 117 tackles.

* Auburn played to win and LSU played scared. Jimbo knows Randall can’t throw a forward pass (or hold onto the ball, read defenses, manage a game, play football).

Again, congratulations. You earned it. You’ll win the West this year with at least the virtue of a tie-breaker with LSU but it wouldn’t surprise me if you won it outright.

Good luck in Atlanta. Tennessee looks better than everyone thought they would and with Georgia looking almost as overrated as LSU the East looks wide open.

Good luck the rest of the way and as much as it pains me, I must say it out of total respect. WAR EAGLE!

Thanks man! I have a comment about LSUs coaching decisions yesterday, but am happy with what they did. :)

Why did they take out their starting QB after taking them down the field for a TD?? He completely lost rhythm and I think that just messed up the entire game for LSU. I am happy about it though, just don't think Saban is the all so mighty coach everyone thinks he is. Yeah, his defense is great.

You are a cocky little rascal, but this is a nice congrats.

Congratulations on being one of the extremely few who offered congrats w/o referencing the penalty.

You are a cocky little rascal, but this is a nice congrats.

Congratulations on being one of the extremely few who offered congrats w/o referencing the penalty.

Excellent point. "We all played a tough game but that penalty killed us. Congrats though (cough) cheaters (cough)"

I have a feeling we'll be watching your boys in ATL next year Geaux

Classy post from a Classy guy!

We appreciate the respect you show and wish you could teach some of your fellow fans to not be so you know what...but that's not your fault.

It was a great football game-smashmouth style!

Needless to say I’m extremely disappointed in the result and the way my Tigers played yesterday. Our coaching (mostly Jimbo) has been very disappointing this year and in my opinion has really let our players down.

* Borges scheme is fun to watch and can be really good although he may try to get a little too cutesy sometimes.

* LSU’s defense did a great job holding Auburn to 10 points considering how great Caddy and Ronnie are and the fact that they missed 117 tackles.

* Auburn played to win and LSU played scared. Jimbo knows Randall can’t throw a forward pass (or hold onto the ball, read defenses, manage a game, play football).

Again, congratulations. You earned it. You’ll win the West this year with at least the virtue of a tie-breaker with LSU but it wouldn’t surprise me if you won it outright.

Good luck in Atlanta. Tennessee looks better than everyone thought they would and with Georgia looking almost as overrated as LSU the East looks wide open.

Good luck the rest of the way and as much as it pains me, I must say it out of total respect. WAR EAGLE!

Nice post, and thanks...but I think that you sell your team short in a few areas. I think that they played a great game in a hostile environment, and are to be commended for hanging tough till the end. I mean they were an extra point or FG away from winning a very exciting, old school, SEC football game....

There's not going to be a Heisman presentation at the DTAC this year. They've moved it to the LSU campus to make it more convenient for Russell

There's not going to be a Heisman presentation at the DTAC this year. They've moved it to the LSU campus to make it more convenient for Russell

Dude wtf? :rolleyes:

I guess you noticed his arm strength too? :)

Thanks for the kind words but there sure is a lot of football left to be played. I still believe that Arkansas and Alabam remain major players in the West. Arkansas clearly is much better than many expected, playing well enough to beat Texas, though they fell short. Alabama hasn't been tested but I guess we all will see what both teams have to offer this weekend. LSU is clearly capable of going 7-1 in conference play and Auburn could still end up 5-3 or 6-2 in the SEC. I think we all will see some great SEC clashes this year.

WDE

thx for your post....Its fans like you that make this board a fun place to post on. Good luck to both teams, Lsu and Auburn.

And with just that I know you're the classiest of fans in the SEC. My tickets are in the east upper deck this year, which happened to be the temporary home for 3,000 or so LSU fans Saturday. I don't remember any of them saying anything like that when the game was over...

In regards to the way the game was played, some things surprised me and others didn't...

* It wasn't the first time this year that Saban flip-flopped with his quarterbacks. He was trading them in and out in the first game against Oregon State. If I were a senior, I'd either want to start or ride the pine...no middle ground. Don't keep taking a guy out and breaking his confidence only to stick him back in the middle of the melee 2 possesions later. Being as good of a coach as he is, it surprises me that Saban continues to do this to his quarterbacks.

* LSU's defense is awesome. I can't really say anything more about it.

* Auburn was able to win a game without depending 100% on their 2 stud tail backs. If nothing else, this win will boost Campbell's confidence. I believe that everyone on the team will now be a believer in Borges' new offense as well.

I hope that Tuberville and the coaching staff will remember what happened when we beat Florida in 2001 when they address the team over the next two weeks. Don't look past the little guys and don't get a big head. There's a whole lot of football left to be played before anything is settled this year.

WDE! :au:

Good post, and good luck.

We have to play @ TENNESEE, and we still have GEORGIA, BAMA, and ARKANSAS.

But this one was great for the team. ANd I was there to enjoy it myself.

Jordan Hare deserves more credit in regards to atmosphere. We made a difference in that game.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!! :au:

It takes a real man to come back and be gracious. Thank you. Good luck to you and your team.

Oh, just so you know, I will be telling you to eat it again next year.

Classy post from a Classy guy!

We appreciate the respect you show and wish you could teach some of your fellow fans to not be so you know what...but that's not your fault.

It was a great football game-smashmouth style!

Contratulations to all the Auburn fans, see you next year!

My only suggestion is win the SEC West this year, because this will be your best chance for the next 3 or 4 years!

Archived