Jason Campbell

irnimrod

"

Gameday:

The fans were a great assett to tour team today. They helped make a difference. The defense played great all day. We won as a team.

Success/Letdowns:

I have had my ups and downs but I have always sought to play the best that I could. No one knows how hard all of the coaching changes have been on me as the starting QB, but I with the help of my teammates and coaches have fought through them. I have always tried to represent Auburn in the best possible light both on an off the field.

CTT:

Today I dedicated this win to my Coach on his 50th birthday. He is the greatest example of a true leader that I have encountered in my days at Auburn University. He is a great coach and a person.

The Season:

This is a big win for us as a TEAM. We still have a lot of football to play this season, but we will continue to play as a team and to do our best to make Auburn proud. "

How can anyone bash this guy after his play against LSU?

Some on this board have even stated that Cox should be the starter. Others say much worse about JC.

Jason is a winner.

I am glad you brought that up. Some jackoff behind me at the game was yelling for them to put Cox in several times. I saw some good play by Campbell yesterday, and he made more good calls than mistakes. I see the offense shifting, and I see Campbell continually checking off and doing a good job of it.

I hope everyone continues to underestimate him.

i had two morons behind me asking for cox after the second series of the game (at which point we were batting .500 with him at the helm against the defending national champs). i usually say stuff to folks like that, but i couldn't do anything but laugh.

jc is the man. he's played beautiful all season, and on saturday he must have been preaching the gospel b/c all i could say after that one was: amen.

JC is the STARTING QB @ AUBURN UNIVERSITY. He has ALWAYS conducted himself with class and dignity on and off the field. He has done and continues to do his best. As an AUBURN Man, That is all I can ask.

God Bless JC and the AUBURN TIGERS ! ! !

i had two morons behind me asking for cox after the second series of the game (at which point we were batting .500 with him at the helm against the defending national champs). i usually say stuff to folks like that, but i couldn't do anything but laugh.

jc is the man. he's played beautiful all season, and on saturday he must have been preaching the gospel b/c all i could say after that one was: amen.

Where were you sitting?

Oh come on. It's a stretch to say he's played beautifully all season. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a JC fan. But I have been really impressed with his checking (the improvement is absolutely F-N AMAZING). But his throwing and decision-making still appears to not have improved much (especially against pressure). Remember, on first play of the game-winning drive, he missed a wide open TD with absoulutely no pressure at all (I think Wes Hill could have made that throw). I'm just saying be realistic. Jason makes two clutch throws, and suddenly, he's Mr. Heisman? Now that thats out of the way, I could come around on this guy if this is the start to something new. Those two throws were, indeed, Heisman caliber (and the first one was against heavy pressure). The only thing I'm worried about is his post game "get off my back" quotes. Good QBs don't just bow up once in their careers to win one game (no matter how huge). They do it again and again and again. Jason has only proven that he is capable of being the QB that we need. He has 8 more games to go to prove that he is the QB we need.

actually jason's thrown 1 int this year. so i'd say his decision making has been impeccable. and borges claims that he's never had a qb run his system better. that would include former all-american, first round draft pick cade mcnown at ucla. add to that the 10+ balls we've dropped this year that were on point, and you've got a qb that's played as well as any qb in the conference. i'm not calling him mr. heisman, but i am calling him our offensive mvp of the season thus far.

Congrats to Jason. I have always been critical of Jason, but his experience and maturity are finally paying off. I am now a Jason Campbell fan. He was cool in the pocket and did a decent job handling LSBoo's blitz packages. Our receivers also did a great job of getting open and catching the ball(If I remember correctly, Ben had the only dropped ball). :au:

I have always supported JC.....and yesterday......I felt like he shut up most of his critics........

He showed GREAT leadership, poise, and determination in that game......He got killed on almost every pass, but he got up and kept fighting....I am glad he is running this offense and I believe he will continue to improve throughout the year...

War Damn Eagle and Great Job JC!!!

Jason Campbell is still sightly above average, at best. But I do give him kudos for staying the course. There were several times that he checked off TOO much. Had one great pass missed. Had one wide OPEN pass, well I have no idea how that was missed. But those are definitely the ones you don't miss. Middle of the field didn't get enough action all night. Did throw to it when it counted. Jason did his job. But is he all world, or even gonna win games for you? Not too much. I can live with performances like this from him, though. Just win baby comes to mind.

I have a huge problem with the Caddy for every touchdown mentality though. Now, I may be wrong, but on that last drive, RB was killing them. As soon as we hit the red zone, in comes Caddy. Now, if RB was hurt, OK. But to put Caddy in just so he might get the TD....... I'm having trouble with that. And this thinking was happening all though out the game. The coaches need to go ahead and ride the HOT guy out. Ronnie was hurting them a lot. Caddy's runs were, as always, impressive. But they didn't seem to move the ball as consistently at times. Caddy is special, but folks need to wake up and see that so is RB. We have two of the best runners in CF. But they still have to be used correctly. I'm hoping as the season moves on that JC and company will find that little niche that they are seeking and all will come together.

That being said, I do feel they should have stuck Cox in there for one series in the first half when the pressure absolutely turned JC blind. He recovered and did well. But sometimes it helps just to have a calm down series for your starter.

Don't scream about taking the starter out and hurting things, cause at this point in his career, JC has not reached the unreachable stage that some QBs in the SEC have reached with their teams.

If we think UT will go down in the same fashion, we are idiots. Say what you will about their QB situation, but on any given night, those guys can pick you apart. And they are only getting better. I'm counting on us to get better also..

My blood pressure can't take too many more games like that.

cox has never faced any talent. we have no basis to say that he should be the starter. i don't think we can blame campbell for a lot of the losses he's had through the years. i think he has a chance to be a good nfl qb. he played a really good game and i thought he threw it pretty well when he was under pressure. honestly we have no idea what cox would have done under that kind of pressure. CAMPBELL WON THE GAME FOR US! he connected on that crucial 4th down play and then threw a touchdown to win it. campbell looks really good so far this season and I think if the fans rally behind him, he will only get better!

Cox is not ready to play against a Defense like LSU put out there Saturday. If LSU had have a better QB they might have won this game. There were several blown coverages by Auburn and we reall shot ourselves in the foot on the facemask penality on the 3rd and forever play. That was inexcusable.

As for Campbell he had a great game. 170plus yards and the winning drive with time and downs running out. Showed great cool under pressure.

I do have a big problem with our receiver play. How can we get them to catch balls thrown right to their hands? Probably 2/3 of the bad press on Campbell is because his receivers make him look bad.

yeah some bourbon breathed, sport coated, croakie-@$$ frat boy that i had the pleasure of sitting in front of, yelled out "for the love of God , dont let Campbell throw the F-n football" i turned around and gave him a sideways look, and on the next play JC stepped up under heavy pressure and hit cooper wallace for like 33yds. i turned around and laughed at him. First for being a moron, second for wearing a coat and tie to a football game in 85 degree heat.

Stupidity should be painful.

Archived