Not Gonna Say Much

lsuj2006

Great game AU Tigers. Your players did what you said they would, Caddy and Ronnie were outstanding and Campbell did just enough to not lose the game. I just got back and had a pretty enjoyable time except for the whole "ballgame" part of it. I read a lot of the threads about the game, and didn't see much that I liked from AU fans that I thought would act different after this huge win; so, here we go:

The whole eagle thing at the beginning was very cool. When he swooped for so long, I thought "He must know it's a big game. He's taking a couple laps." Most of the fans were very kind, except for one guy who decided to hit all 4 of us on the back of the head with his pompom. <_<

I know 1/2 of ya'll crapped in your pants when we scored on the opening drive, especially since Randall directed it. Although, it was very humiliating to see our senior QB through a screen pass that didn't even get within 5 feet of his reciever. <_< In the first half, we played a Bayou Bungle style defense, except in the red zone (which was encouraging). Both teams had missed opportunites. Ronnie and Caddy bulldozed SO MANY OF OUR DB's. It was fun to see Turner nail Caddy for a 5 yards loss on that screen though. ;) I thought Auburn could have won by 10+ if they had run the ball in some spots. I thought LSU needed to give Alley Broussard about 10 more carries. All in all, a great ball game to watch as a fan of college football.

As for the PAT fiasco, I just think that was a tough call to decide the game on. You know that ref was thinking, "Their only chance is too block this kick, so I'll call this new one on 'em. HAHAHAHA!" If you have any sense, you know that's the truth. But hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I was very disappointed in the AU fan support. After the opening kick, the crowd was nearly silent. When the team ran out after half, we didn't realize it until they were on the sideline. A couple AU fans behind us left. Once they scored though, it was probably the loudest I've ever heard a stadium. It was the Earthquake Game in reverse. And if Doucet didn't let that ball bounce off of him, I think we would have won. But this is football. If Eli hadn't fell down, we probably wouldn't have been national champs.

I just hate to see game won by luck instead of domination. After all is said and done, great game. Instant classic even. Thanks for the hospitality. After all, you:

Can

Beat

Saban

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I was refering to the PAT stuff. That seems to get ya'll fired up pretty easy. ;)

I just hate to see game won by luck instead of domination. After all is said and done, great game. Instant classic even. Thanks for the hospitality. After all, you:

Can

Beat

Saban

Except ... .... there was never any domination by either side. Have you looked at the box score? You can't find one stat anywhere that jumps out at you. I have never seen two more evenly matched teams both on the field and in the stats. This game wasn't won on "luck." Nor was it won on a "cheap" penalty. Whoever says such things belittles the effort of the guys that were giving it their all for 60 minutes, and I include both teams here. This game came down to the wire and was ultimatly decided on which team made the least amount of mistakes in crunch time. That would be :au: . If you want to look for minute differences that told the story, then look no furhter than the QB position. Campbell played better than Randall & Russell combined. End of story.

Can

Beat

Saban

Except ... .... there was never any domination by either side. Have you looked at the box score? You can't find one stat anywhere that jumps out at you. I have never seen two more evenly matched teams both on the field and in the stats. This game wasn't won on "luck." Nor was it won on a "cheap" penalty. Whoever says such things belittles the effort of the guys that were giving it their all for 60 minutes, and I include both teams here. This game came down to the wire and was ultimatly decided on which team made the least amount of mistakes in crunch time. That would be :au: . If you want to look for minute differences that told the story, then look no furhter than the QB position. Campbell played better than Randall & Russell combined. End of story.

i think that is the nail getting hit that I hear.

Can

Beat

Saban

Campbell did play better that Randall & Russell. Is that a surprise?

No matter how you slice it:

Auburn did not win this game because they were better than LSU.

Campbell did play better that Randall & Russell. Is that a surprise?

To some on this board & to sportswriters around the South who have been criticizing JC for never being to able to "win the big one," yes it is a huge surprise.

Re-read what I wrote and then post again if you still don't comprehend what evenly matched means. Whatever. AU was "better" when it counted. Feel better?

a few thoughts from the game.

lsu would've been better off if saban had taken a page out of tubby's book in this game: play the senior. i don't often question saban b/c i think he's a great coach, but i think you guys would've won (or it would've been a different, more offensive game more likely) if you'd stuck with randall. russell has talent, but he's just too sporadic for my tastes.

alley broussard is better than justin vincent. i had that thought after watching the oregon state game, but this one just drove it home. he's just a lot better. there is a place on the field for vincent b/c he's a playmaker, but he's not as good a pure runner as broussard. if alley was getting the majority of the carries, your running game would be more consistent. i think the same thing of usc with lendale white and reggie bush. bush is a good runner, but white is a much better running back. bush is a playmaker that needs to be on the field, but their running game would be better if white got a majority of the carries.

both teams dominated. you might not think so if you don't like defensive football, but i love it. that was one of my favorite games i've ever seen (and i've seen a LOT). if you think we won without being dominant you should ask jimbo fisher what he thinks of that. bet he says something different. same for borges. your defense was great; we just happened to have a great winner that has persevered throughout his career make a play. jason did a lot more than not lose. he won that game with his brain and his arm. i think that made it even more special to me b/c he deserved it more than anyone i've ever watched.

auburn won this game b/c they were better than lsu on this day by one play. that's how i'd slice it. fantastic game and i have all the respect in the world for lsu's players, coaches, and even fans. they all gave congrats when i talked after the game. i tried to tell as many as i could good game and drive safe. great game.

Until you posted this crap, I considered you a good sport who was man enough to come back and take his medicine.

Coming back and being polite after a loss separates the decent posters from the jerks. I started to place you in the first catagory. This remark shows mw that you just can't accept the truth. Auburn is a better team than LSU this year and we proved it by beating you on the field. End of story.

Who cares if a team won because they were the better team?

Give me the worst team then that just wins. Thats all that matters. If you go back to the last 5-6 years...the team with the most "talent" rarely wins....coaching and decision making factors in....

If we beat UF because a UF player fumbled 1,293 times along with a lightning strike taking out Chris Leak (god I pray it never happens...using it strictly as a reference), I would be happy because we WON.

Until you posted this crap, I considered you a good sport who was man enough to come back and take his medicine.

Coming back and being polite after a loss separates the decent posters from the jerks. I started to place you in the first catagory. This remark shows mw that you just can't accept the truth. Auburn is a better team than LSU this year and we proved it by beating you on the field. End of story.

Auburn won. They made the plays when they counted (even if they got two tries) and won the ballgame. LSU was the better team.

Slink: Think about the 1st LSU vs. UGA game last year, that's how it is. UGA outplayed us and even should have won. But they couldn't capitalize, and LSU made less mistakes. Same thing.

What was the result of us playing better than LSU?

You didn't.

give me a break man! what the heck did you do that was better than us? i'd love one thing.

your defense didn't force a turnover, our's did. your starting qb got pulled b/c apparently your coach doesn't think he's any good and your back up was less than 50% from the field with an int. our starter hit a higher percentage AND led the game winning drive. you had the leading receiver, but we passed for more yardage (by 2 i think). you had more rushing yards (by 9 i think), but we had the 2nd and 3rd leading rushers in the game and you had 5 more attempts. we had more sacks, and we forced more turnovers.

where in all that does it even begin to look like lsu played better? you had 7 WHOLE YARDS MORE than us so your offense must have dominated, right? you had the ball for 40 seconds more so you controlled the line, right? why can't you just accept that when two teams play that evenly it's the team that makes the plays to win the game that played better? that comment must've been a joke.

Stat of the game:

lsu crossed the 50 yard line 3 times and scored 2 of those times.

Auburn crossed the 50 yard line 7 times and scored 2 of those times.

There just happened to be one more point in our 2 scores. lsu didn't get our best game and we still won.

nimrod is right, the only thing worse than a loser is a whining loser and i have yet to see one corndog who can say anthing about this game without putting up some kind of excuse. you people need to crawl back into your caves and stay put for a while.

Can we start a new "lsWHO cryin'" thread so that we , the WINNERS and the SEC WEST LEADERS, can now move on and talk about the next game? :lol:;):rolleyes:

What was the result of us playing better than LSU?

You didn't.

Proof? Link, please. :lol:

Alright, you caught me, John Vaught had superior execution of the point after attempt.

give me a break man! what the heck did you do that was better than us? i'd love one thing.

your defense didn't force a turnover, our's did. your starting qb got pulled b/c apparently your coach doesn't think he's any good and your back up was less than 50% from the field with an int. our starter hit a higher percentage AND led the game winning drive. you had the leading receiver, but we passed for more yardage (by 2 i think). you had more rushing yards (by 9 i think), but we had the 2nd and 3rd leading rushers in the game and you had 5 more attempts. we had more sacks, and we forced more turnovers.

where in all that does it even begin to look like lsu played better? you had 7 WHOLE YARDS MORE than us so your offense must have dominated, right? you had the ball for 40 seconds more so you controlled the line, right? why can't you just accept that when two teams play that evenly it's the team that makes the plays to win the game that played better? that comment must've been a joke.

If you want to play stats:

Alley Broussard: 84 yards on 10 carries

"Caddilac" Williams: 75 yards on 18 carries

This is why I wasn't gonna say much.

The game was won on one man's decision to specifically enforce a new rule, not by the play of either team.

actually vaughn did didn't he? his went through the uprights when it counted; gaudet's didn't.

I'm sure Gaudet could have been 1 for 2.

that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life and i think you're doing a disservice to your players by acting like nothing they did mattered. i'm finished with this. go sulk and complain about a correct call elsewhere. at least your coach had the class to say the call was correct.

Archived