Not Gonna Say Much

lsuj2006

No crying or sour grapes here. Campbell made a bigtime play when the Barners needed it most. My hats off to him and your team for winning a huge game.

I don't think it is fair to say Saban is whining. That quote came approximately 15 minutes after the game ended so I am sure his emotions were very raw.

Looking at the replay, it appears Ronnie Prude #8, leaped up in the air and the blocking surge pushed up underneath him. He fell on the Barner center and the DT when he came down. Games have been decided on worse calls than that. The reff saw the infraction and he made the call. So be it.

hey

bammanmr

looking at your signature, what does LSEAUXSUCKS mean? Who is LSEAUX? That would be pronounced L-so. Who is L-so? Or is it LS-O? Who is LS-O? Eaux does not spell "who" if that is what you were shooting for. If you are going to go to all that trouble to insult us, at least try to make sense. Nice artwork anyway.

Good luck to you guys. I know you have some tough games ahead (as do we). See you next year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey

bammanmr

looking at your signature, what does LSEAUXSUCKS mean? Who is LSEAUX? That would be pronounced L-so. Who is L-so? Or is it LS-O? Who is LS-O? Eaux does not spell "who" if that is what you were shooting for. If you are going to go to all that trouble to insult us, at least try to make sense. Nice artwork anyway.

Good luck to you guys. I know you have some tough games ahead (as do we). See you next year.

It is a clever way of saying lsu sucks. I think about it and laugh every time i see the words "geaux tigers" I still think it's 10 times better than his last sig. ;);)

By the way, classy post. Losing with class is very underated in today's society.

This is why I wasn't gonna say much.

The game was won on one man's decision to specifically enforce a new rule, not by the play of either team.

Just because it is a new rule does not mean it should not be enforced. If they drop the speed limit temporally because of road construction you have to obey the new-posted limit.

Saben or the Special Team coach should have been very aware of the rule because it was NEW therefore fresh on their mind.

The enforcement of the rule was not the reason Auburn won. If you want to place blame then it was LSU’s missed point after that cost them a chance at OT. Both teams played hard and the defenses were awesome.

Both teams struggled to take advantage of turnovers but the Rosegreen interception was big.

This is why I wasn't gonna say much.

The game was won on one man's decision to specifically enforce a new rule, not by the play of either team.

Just because it is a new rule does not mean it should not be enforced. If they drop the speed limit temporally because of road construction you have to obey the new-posted limit.

Saben or the Special Team coach should have been very aware of the rule because it was NEW therefore fresh on their mind.

The enforcement of the rule was not the reason Auburn won. If you want to place blame then it was LSU’s missed point after that cost them a chance at OT. Both teams played hard and the defenses were awesome.

Both teams struggled to take advantage of turnovers but the Rosegreen interception was big.

If Saban didnt want the penalty called against him he can attempt to change the rule since he is on the rules commitee

No crying or sour grapes here. Campbell made a bigtime play when the Barners needed it most. My hats off to him and your team for winning a huge game.

ILooking at the replay, it appears Ronnie Prude #8, leaped up in the air and the blocking surge pushed up underneath him. He fell on the Barner center and the DT when he came down.

supah,

There is no blocking "surge" by the OL because the linemen don't ever move forward on a FG unit. To do so would leave gaps in the line and allow some defensive player a straightline route to block a kick. The OL absorbs the surge by the DL. Just ... quit before you twist yourself all into a giant pretzle trying to justify a reason for not getting called on the penalty. (new thought -- corndogs & giant pretzles, hmmmm.)

Ok whatever, the deepsnapper and the DT fell on the ground and Prude fell on top of them. The reff was right on the play and he threw the linen. In the OU/Oregon game the exact same play happened with no call (on a blocked kick no less) but it was called in the UCLAN/Wash game. I remember the no stepping on a teammate rule coming into play in an LSU game a few years ago, but I was unaware of this new rule. Saban lobbied against it in the rules committee in favor of the NFL rule which is a little more clear. The rule was passed, we saw it on the field and the rest is history.

If you think about it, it is probably a good rule because the leaper could fall on someone's head and snap their neck. I don't have a problem with it, just like I don't have a problem with losing the game. We had ample opportunities to put another score on the board and we didn't do it. This game was a "last man standing" kind of fight and Auburn was that last man. Kudos to you.

Pretzels and cheese sounds good. I don't like corndogs. :rolleyes:

You know....

There is not one piece of credible fact that would cause someone to say that despite the loss, LSU is still better.

Thats nothing but purple and yellow sour grapes.

I don't think LSU is better right now but I think they are just as good. LSU lost by one point at AU. If the game was in Baton Rouge then LSU would have won by one point. That's how even I think they are. If the game was played in BR do you think it would have been the same outcome? Of course it doesn't matter. AU got the W.

I got home today ready to congratulate the lsu fans on a well played game and wish them luck........Now you can all kiss my *** and I hope you lose every game you ever play, from now on, in any sport, no matter who you play. You people are a pile of trash and an embarrassment to the SEC.

This is a fine example of that fine class Chuck referred to in another post. ;)

Guys lsuj is a cool rival poster, but remember two things:

1. He's a young'un. :P

2. He said he couldn't believe we were enjoying our 2002 victory over lsu because of "all lsu's injuries."

I just hate to see game won by luck instead of domination. After all is said and done, great game. Instant classic even. Thanks for the hospitality. After all, you:

Can

Beat

Saban

Except ... .... there was never any domination by either side. Have you looked at the box score? You can't find one stat anywhere that jumps out at you. I have never seen two more evenly matched teams both on the field and in the stats. This game wasn't won on "luck." Nor was it won on a "cheap" penalty. Whoever says such things belittles the effort of the guys that were giving it their all for 60 minutes, and I include both teams here. This game came down to the wire and was ultimatly decided on which team made the least amount of mistakes in crunch time. That would be :au: . If you want to look for minute differences that told the story, then look no furhter than the QB position. Campbell played better than Randall & Russell combined. End of story.

BOOYAH :D WAR EAGLE :au: 10-9 :au::poke:

Hey LSU fans, welcome to our world after last year's UGA/LSU game in BR.

There is little comparison between those two games. UGA outplayed lsu and lost. lsu did not outplay us.

There is little comparison between those two games. UGA outplayed lsu and lost. lsu did not outplay us.

I'd agree with that. Billy B. had a terrible game. Did he even hit one fieldgoal in that game?

I thought that our offense out played their offense if only slightly. Our special teams were better (punting and coverage). And at best our defenses were even.

Even if we missed the extra point I think we have a better chance of winning the game in an OT situation since we have the momentum and we were at home. Momentum goes a long way in a football game.

Hey LSU fans, welcome to our world after last year's UGA/LSU game in BR.

Yes and I was saying that to LSU saying that LSU had outplayed them...which I have said several times didnt happen

Archived